Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,955 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Help!!! Do You Know How To Prepare Banga Soup? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help!!! Do You Know How To Prepare Banga Soup? (1475 Views)

"My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos / How To Prepare Banga Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Do You Know How To Prepare Banga Soup? by pioneer195(m): 11:38am On Oct 31, 2015
Hello,
please i am here for guidiance. if you are a good cook or you know how to prepare banga soup, please be kind enough to list down the steps here and also what it requires or the ingredients.
thank you.
Re: Help!!! Do You Know How To Prepare Banga Soup? by trapQ: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2015
1. boil the banga(palm fruit) for about 30 mins(it usually takes more time, depending on the cooker you're using). it will be soft when its properly cooked and the colour will change considerably. that's when you can stop cooking it.

2. pound the banga and sieve the extract. (do not let the banga get cold before doing this).

3. boil the extract. and keep boiling till its dry. (the colour changes to red at this point).
Re: Help!!! Do You Know How To Prepare Banga Soup? by sim37(m): 11:50am On Oct 31, 2015
call my mother 07038015345
Re: Help!!! Do You Know How To Prepare Banga Soup? by britiko: 12:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
pioneer195:
Hello,
please i am here for guidiance. if you are a good cook or you know how to prepare banga soup, please be kind enough to list down the steps here and also what it requires or the ingredients.
thank you.

lets give it a shot
i do not know the names of the various ingredients except a few
dry pepper
little egusi
plenty onions
fresh fish, beef, dried cat fish(what ever appeals to you)
however, the women that sells soup ingredients at any market will sell banga ingredients to you.
just ask they will gladly help you.
i usually buy the blended mixture(makes life easy and saves me from grinding them)

processing
boil your beef untill soft and set aside
boil ur banga untill soft
pour the banga into a small mortal and pound with a pestle
add a little bit of water after about 10 mins of pounding
and use ur hand to wash the banga oil extract and sieve into a pot
and Boil.(The same way you process palm oil)
blend ur dried pepper, dried crayfish, egusi and onions along side other ingredients sold to you
and add to the oil extract you are cooking.
the egusi is usually a little just to lighten the color
after a while about 30 mins add your beef or chicken, perinwinkle, smoked cat fish ,etc
your fresh fish goes in last.
add salt and maggi to taste.
leave for a while to cook( about 5-10 mins)
banga soup is ready.

banga soup goes very well with starch. i believe you know how to prepare that
if not:
dissolve your starch in a little quantity of water
grease ur pot with red palm oil,all around not just the bottom of the pot
pour your dissolved starch into the pot
place on your cooker and begin to stir with ur turnstick (omorogun) untill it totally solidifies.
the mixture color gradually changes from white mixed with oil to yellowish at the end when its well cooked.
you starch is ready to be served.

banga and starch is my best meal ever.
Goodluck. i ope it turns out well.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yoghurt Lactic Culture / The Food I Bought With #700 / Food For S.ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.