Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. (56710 Views)

Largest Crowd Seen In A Bank For BVN Registration (photo) / Ignore Messages Requesting For BVN – CBN Informs The Public / Important Info On Bvn Registration!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Smooyis(m): 10:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
princejtb4real:

Of cos she should b able to do it, wat abt dos dat r yet to open an account, & ur account won't b closed if u don't reg fr BVN, u only won't be abt to use internet bankin I suppose, she would b able to get er moni ova d counter

Thanks for the info
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Smooyis(m): 10:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
enilowo:

It's not closing. As a matter of fact it's a continously exercise as in if you open a new account from next week you will do it immediately. The only thing about old account is if it's not done you won't be able to use e-banking and won't have access to official for ex transaction. So tell your sister not to loose her sleep.

Thanks.

OK thanks she's reading all our contributions
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by bigtt76(f): 10:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Exactly! They forget I'm not binded in contract with CBN. The terms and conditions governing my account was with the banks and if the rules have changed, have the banks communicated same to their customers?

Have the customers been given a new terms and conditions to be executed?

Sad they so-called learned bankers are dumbs. Tuesday will see the courts filled up with law suits against them all.

Diamond Bank was sending me emails stating 1st October 2015 as their own deadline, when I sent an email copying all concerned, they stopped bothering me. Waiting for them to shut my account they will see hell.

bettercreature:
Dunce! maybe na Central bank get the money or the owner committed crime
Nobody have the right,be it FG,CB or whomever to size any legitimate fund belonging to anybody,the only choice they have is to compel you to do it before you withdraw,nobody fit tell you otherwise
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by cao(f): 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smooyis:

This is a heartwarming news for account holders who are yet to be registered. It should be a continuous one for now, and should not carry any fine.
169 views & only 3 shares, sometimes folks on NL can ignore things. No worries, hopefully will actually read and do the needful.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by DJBIGGY(m): 10:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smooyis:

Please be serious can the BVN REGISTRATION be done after the deadline.

This is what you do, open a new bank account cos you will be given a BVN for it. Then u link it with your old account then you can dump the sorry ass of the new account

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by klax(m): 10:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
bettercreature:
Dunce! maybe na Central bank get the money or the owner committed crime
Nobody have the right,be it FG,CB or whomever to size any legitimate fund belonging to anybody,the only choice they have is to compel you to do it before you withdraw,nobody fit tell you otherwise

God bless you.

All that can only happens in Nigeria under a useless party with a useless president that has no certificate who can not even understand the effect of the useless BVN would have on innocent citizen living abroad allowing the useless CBN animal that called him CBN governor who is so silly and can't understand the meaning of save banking.

I have never see where Apex bank threatening bank customer and even ready to freeze their cash simply because of BVN to forcefully take peoples cash or freeze their account for no offence is a crime and stealing.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Smooyis(m): 10:48pm On Oct 31, 2015
DJBIGGY:

This is what you do, open a new bank account cos you will be given a BVN for it. Then u link it with your old account then you can dump the sorry ass of the new account

Makes a lot of sense I think. Tnx
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
ogawisdom:
undecided I got my bvn thro my first bank acct, I hope dt covers my uba plc acct or wat am I expected to do tongue

You're expected to link that BVN to your uba account. Go to your uba branch or any of their branches nearest to you with your BVN and it will be linked to your account with them. Shikena.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by macminista(m): 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
badru007:
There are outlets outside d country where BVN Reg can be done, at least I can talk for UBA, but dunno for other banks... Talking about whether it can still be done, yes it can. accounts without it will probably be liened until BVN is linked to it.... So I think
..it's only in the UK...there's is no where else it can be dibe..I reside in the US, not even in New York where there is a uba branch
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

You're expected to link that BVN to your uba account. Go to your uba branch or any of their branches nearest to you with your BVN and it will be linked to your account with them. Shikena.
i hv not linked mine. i am transfering money from other bank to the onevi hv bvn
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
Liverpoolfc:
i hv not linked mine. i am transfering money from other bank to the onevi hv bvn

Though I strongly believe banks can't close or de-activate all accounts without bvn, I think you did a sensible thing.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by nnamdiosu(m): 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
ogawisdom:
undecided I got my bvn thro my first bank acct, I hope dt covers my uba plc acct or wat am I expected to do tongue

you're supposed to go to ur uba bank and do bvn linking. link the bvn to the uba acct. but u can always do it anytime
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by bigass123(m): 11:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
My dear, you should be witch doctor.. You'll always have answers to unanswered questions.
I feel your permutations baje grin
LaRochelle:
There are four things that are likely to happen when the deadline expires:
1. CBN fines bank customers who haven't registered.
2. CBN fines banks who have customers that have not yet registered.
3. CBN extends the deadline.
4. Those who haven't registered might lose their money in their accounts.

Since this is Nigeria, I'm betting on either 1 or 3 in the ratio of 30:70. My predictions are usually correctsmiley.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by BALLOSKI: 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
69MissedCalls:
broke people be like..

check dictionary for meaning of deadline. if they can sue Mtn 5bn 1.4 trillion without remorse, blocking a mere Nigerian's account for not obeying the law shouldn't be a problem.
fixed!
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by bigass123(m): 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
How can you have an idea..
You're too pretty to have one.. Just chilaxx, let's work on the idea and drop it at your feet with a kiss kiss

pretydiva:
Have no idea
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by bigass123(m): 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
Amin oh
How you doing?

BrawinnewsNg:

God will help
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by linearity: 1:31am On Nov 01, 2015
Smooyis:

Please be serious can the BVN REGISTRATION be done after the deadline.

Yes, BVN can be registered after the deadline. BVN is a continuous exercise that will never end, all new and future account holders will have to get their BVN as a condition of opening their account.

At the worst her account will be frozen and she will not be able to make any transaction, but once they completes her BVN registration and submit same to her bank, her account will be unfrozen; but some banks might charge a fee to unfrozen the account.

It you ask me, I am 99.9% sure that, the deadline will be extended once again....

2 Likes

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Bonethugss: 1:34am On Nov 01, 2015
macminista:
..it's only in the UK...there's is no where else it can be dibe..I reside in the US, not even in New York where there is a uba branch

Dude do your research, NIBSS via Oisservices are currently registering customers regardless of bank in America- Washington, Atlanta, (though yet to start in New York), South Africa, China, Australia, Malaysia and Italy. Representatives I believe would should start in New York.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by mikolo80: 2:55am On Nov 01, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

You must be 'Jobless'?
Can you work in a blog or as a reporter??
On www.brainnewsng.com
wetin concine me I threatened to close my account they arranged bvn for me not everyone is blessed with 'jobless ' job like blogger o market women and employees cannot go and spend 2, 3 days queueing in bank I don't even know how y'all do it respect takes some big asss ballsto go blog how long did it take you to start earning OK money from blogging
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by obiak4(m): 3:15am On Nov 01, 2015
Smooyis:
It is just a few hours now for the expiration of deadline for the BVN registration. I have registered for mine, but my sister who resides overseas is yet to register and will be coming home in a month's time. Having saved some money towards her visit in her FirstBank account and yet to be registered, I feel so much worried as the deadline closes by.

The question on my mind has been, what will happen to millions of accounts that are yet to be registered before the deadline, and what hope do such account holders have thereafter. Let's share our knowledge on this.
accounts r restricted not frozen when she comes around and register she would have access to her money sikena

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Classicman47(m): 4:12am On Nov 01, 2015
bronzegoddess:
My UBA acct can go to hell.
I feel the same way about my Ecobank acct.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by joeweeda: 5:25am On Nov 01, 2015
Knowledge is key. If you have done your BVN, banks have simplified their methods of linking accounts, you can use the bank's official website,atm machines and sms short codes just find out from your bank so you dont queue up again just to link an account.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by LydayBobo(m): 5:29am On Nov 01, 2015
ogawisdom:
It covers all your account
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by LydayBobo(m): 5:32am On Nov 01, 2015
obiak4:

accounts r restricted not frozen when she comes around and register she would have access to her money sikena
She can check out CBN website for BVN enrollment location abroad too
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by hary158: 6:45am On Nov 01, 2015
Smooyis:
It is just a few hours now for the expiration of deadline for the BVN registration. I have registered for mine, but my sister who resides overseas is yet to register and will be coming home in a month's time. Having saved some money towards her visit in her FirstBank account and yet to be registered, I feel so much worried as the deadline closes by.

The question on my mind has been, what will happen to millions of accounts that are yet to be registered before the deadline, and what hope do such account holders have thereafter. Let's share our knowledge on this.
simple...she won't be able to use the account until she registers.

1 Like

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by Stanley08(m): 7:04am On Nov 01, 2015
I am a Banker, i am throwing a party with the money of people that didn't register for BVN. You are all invited. Especially if you didn't do, come and eat oh! Enjoy ur money small.
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by 989900: 7:19am On Nov 01, 2015
bigtt76:
Exactly! They forget I'm not binded in contract with CBN. The terms and conditions governing my account was with the banks and if the rules have changed, have the banks communicated same to their customers?

Have the customers been given a new terms and conditions to be executed?

Sad they so-called learned bankers are dumbs. Tuesday will see the courts filled up with law suits against them all.

Diamond Bank was sending me emails stating 1st October 2015 as their own deadline, when I sent an email copying all concerned, they stopped bothering me. Waiting for them to shut my account they will see hell.

I swear they won't know what hit them.

Especially for those outside the country.

I'm patiently waiting for them; I've sent mailsss as evidences.

Freezing every 1 in 2 accounts in the country at this perilous hour in our economy is just the most intelligent thing to do -- never have been a smarter way to help the economy. #dumbdumbs
undecided

Attested scanned copies of international passports,
and supporting docs. sent by the nearest embassy should have been temporarily sufficient till expiry . . . while the account holder finds time to travel for the real thing.

Or, have BVN centres at all embassies, not just a few . . . not everyone lives in London, DC, Dubai and a few other cities.

For those permanently living in Nigeria, I can't find a 'valid' excuse for you.

Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by bronzegoddess(f): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2015
Classicman47:

I feel the same way about my Ecobank acct.
Lol. That's daddies and mummies bank mehn
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by sarahguess: 7:33am On Nov 01, 2015
Jeromejnr:

No! on existing accounts

And yes! on future accounts. (E.g When a young child wants to get his first account)
you are getting it wrong; BVN continues for both existing nd new customers bt old customers who are yet to register cannot do any transactn on their acct until they register
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by SYLVESTER777: 8:42am On Nov 01, 2015
What of the people ABROAD that have money in their account but cannot come to NIGERIA until 12months" time?And they have not registered?Especially those Nigerians living in REMOTE PLACES like New zealand,China,etc?What is the plan of the CBN?
Re: Implications Of Not Meeting The Deadline For Bvn Registration. by yhemsy62(m): 9:15am On Nov 01, 2015
ogawisdom:
you will have to present d BVN you got at first bank to uba. You cannot do it twice. Once you enroll you gat it link to all accounts u are operating. Shikenna!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Four Anambra Brands That Will Take Over Nigeria Soon / Coronavirus: Access Bank Closes Branch After Visitor Tested Positive To COVID-19 / Enugu Housewife Returns ₦14m Erroneously Paid Into Her Bank Account (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.