Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Travellers Should Now Be More Careful With Their Hand Luggages In Planes During - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travellers Should Now Be More Careful With Their Hand Luggages In Planes During (1227 Views)

Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) / 5 Tech Accessories Young Travellers Should Have / Circular Runway Allows Planes To Take Off And Land In All Directions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travellers Should Now Be More Careful With Their Hand Luggages In Planes During by davodyguy: 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
I read a news posted on Nairaland couple of days/weeks ago about an incident aboard a domestic flight, involving a man that tried to steal money from another Nigeria.

I thought, this could only happen in Nigeria, but I thought wrongly.

Today 31/10/15, I just returned from Tokyo to Nigeria and on getting to the customs to settle them, when they start begging as usual, that I discovered that I was robbed' in the plane.

Whilst leaving Nigeria last week, I withdrew cash of Nigerian currency and kept in my purse, anticipating my return today.

Throughout my stay in Tokyo, money was intact in the purse and whilst we left Tokyo, last Night, Money was still intact in my purse and I placed the purse in my hand luggage, left in the overhead locker in the plane

Ethiopian airline left Tokyo for Hong Kong, picked and drop more passengers from Hong Kong( mostly whites)

We left Hong Kong and arrived at Addis Ababa to pick and drop more passengers as well and guess what, at Ethiopia, we pick more Nigerians close to 300 people and everyone in the plane were over or about 300 passengers.

These guys that joined us from Addis Ababa were mostly Nigerians, cos you know from their way, how they shout and do their notice me when they've gone to buy 'market' grin

A certain chap kept on talking to his friends shouting and gisting before take off. Whilst doing this, he kept on opening the overhead locker, moving his bag from one seat number to another. But its not my business, since it was his bag. When the captain said everyone should sit in preparation for take off, these chaps kept gusting, till one of the hostesses forced him to his seat.

To cut the story, I got to Lagos, checked my bag and found my purse pulled apart and all cash sums taken. All other things were intact. All ATM cards, Driver license, HMO card etc were there, save the money and the purse was damage, with the lock destroyed.

My conclusion is that we should be careful. Never put important things in the overhead locker. Keep in your pockect.

I had over a thousand dollars in my suit pocket and Japanese yen, which was what I exchanged at MMI in order to have cash.

I'm not really sure when exactly the act was done and who did it. God knows the person.

Please let's spread this message to all local and international travellers.

Cheers

Re: Travellers Should Now Be More Careful With Their Hand Luggages In Planes During by davodyguy: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
The above pictures depicts

1) When leaving Tokyo last night with mostly whites

2) Addis Ababa airport, where we picked Nigerians to Lagos
Re: Travellers Should Now Be More Careful With Their Hand Luggages In Planes During by benpedro(m): 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
Have nothing else to say but to call you a tribal bigot!!!As far as i am concerned,the money might even be taken by a non nigerian in the flight but because you are a tribalist who also suffers from inferiority complex,you have to shift the blame to your fellow countrymen.Whatever happened to alerting the nairalanders about these development here without mentioning people from a certain tribe? Funny enough,your dirty lazy black as* will be the first labelling whites racists when they singled you out for a crime simply because you're a black.

1 Like

Re: Travellers Should Now Be More Careful With Their Hand Luggages In Planes During by davodyguy: 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
benpedro:
Have nothing else to say but to call you a tribal bigot!!!As far as i am concerned,the money might even be taken by a non nigerian in the flight but because you are a tribalist who also suffers from inferiority complex,you have to shift the blame to your fellow countrymen.Whatever happened to alerting the nairalanders about these development here without mentioning people from a certain tribe? Funny enough,your dirty lazy black as* will be the first labelling whites racists when they singled you out for a crime simply because you're a black.

Your response shows how lowly intelligent you are or just lacking in comprehension skills.

I'm sure you fall easily into the category if shadow chasers that leaves substances for non issue. Can depict how much emphasis you laid on tribalism than attacking the bad manners, that made me being suspicious of your fellow Nigerian. Mtcheeeew

Here's what I said

I'm not really sure when exactly the act was done and who did it. God knows the person.

But reporting someone or people acting in suspicious manner and also acting 'mannerlessly' isn't a crime the last time I checked.

These 'same fools' also started a fight when we first took off from Nigeria. I didn't include that in the original post, cos it would be deviating from the focal issue. The funny thing was that, they raised voices at each other and almost exchanged blows in the presence of other passengers. One looked at me, whilst being the only one that tried to separate them and spoke in the local dialect, only to realize I can't comprehend their language.

Mannerless behaviour by some Nigerians ( Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa) during travels need to stop.

Learn to read and understand before commenting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travellers Should Now Be More Careful With Their Hand Luggages In Planes During by chukxie(m): 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
Thanks for sharing. As a rule of thumb, I never keep cash in the bag I'm storing in the overhead carriage compartment. My wallet stays in my hip pocket or the breast pocket of the jacket I'm wearing. Make I see who want come move am grin
Re: Travellers Should Now Be More Careful With Their Hand Luggages In Planes During by davodyguy: 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
chukxie:
Thanks for sharing. As a rule of thumb, I never keep cash in the bag I'm storing in the overhead carriage compartment. My wallet stays in my hip pocket or the breast pocket of the jacket I'm wearing. Make I see who want come move am grin
These guys are so desperate ooo.

I spoke with someone in church today, who shared her experience going to Dubai.

May be we should travel with our debit cards only
Re: Travellers Should Now Be More Careful With Their Hand Luggages In Planes During by chukxie(m): 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2015
davodyguy:

Maybe people should start padlocking their wallets and using big chains to tie them to their waists. grin
Re: Travellers Should Now Be More Careful With Their Hand Luggages In Planes During by chukxie(m): 3:07am On Nov 16, 2015
davodyguy:

They're truly getting desperate and dubiously smart. May God protect us from crooks who want to steal our hard earned money.

(1) (Reply)

Passport Not Stamped And No Refusal Letter / Afro-caribbean Community : Bucharest, Romania / Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.