Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? (49244 Views)

Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? / Picture Of Mum Breastfeeding Baby At A Wedding Breaks The Internet / What Kind Of Mum Does This To A Child ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by wiZbanky(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dyt:
Iya idaya will even say 1700 grin grin grin
so u are Idayat? Can I get to see ur pix?
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by LEXYCOM: 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mum: how much do u sell this cloth ? Seller: customer na 7k
Mum: wetin , 7k for kini? Na shoprite be dis. I beg collect 1k Seller: I beg commot for here, na steal u for steal ham...
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Realdeals(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
That's the sign of a good economist, if you are in Nigeria and do not have the bargaining skill, na sorry be your name. Imagine a seller calling something that you will end up buying N800 for N5000
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by drnairalov: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
braine:

You must be a jjc o. Do you know how highly they inflate prices due to this haggling thing? Some increase prices by 100% sometimes and they don't care about you but your money! Wake up, this is Nigeria.

my bro i know..i am really bad at pricing maybe, so if at all i dey go market i take one of my igbo friends along that guy can price die, but i have been cheated countless times cos when dey start to dey beg i go dey feel 4 dem undecided eg when i got one glasses 8000 naira just 4 me to see the same glasses in another place 5000 naira and i ve not even priced it angry angry...
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Laredojohn(m): 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mum does same...but not to this extent again.. its act of being prudent in spending...was with a Senior Colleague(a male) at a Samsung store @ikeja mall to get a led TV, was surprised he did same there and the price was actually lowered for him abit below the labeled price...had to bear my mind I never knew u could bit down prices in a departmental store of such class...Its just our mum's believe there is always a lower price to every item asides the initial price a seller gives.
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by dacovajnr: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
I stopped following my mom to market coz of this...coz d seller go dey give u one kind face like *See alaroro pikin*...coz my mama can price from 3k to 300 xpecially when she knows the actual whole sale price of dat particular stuff..She sabi bargain grin
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by teekay213(m): 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
i wish my wife can haggle like me or my mother,she pays at first price the seller call it.sometimes i prefer going shopping in her stead...not her fault,na me wey dey drop the money.she thinks i be cbn governor.
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Yeske2(m): 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
SirJeffry:
My wife dey vex for me 'cos I'm a pro in this. Learnt from my mum though.grin
You spoke my mind 100%, my wife dey vex so tey she go leave me commot the shop sometimes sef.
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by malikisah: 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by simplisity(m): 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mums are conservatives, they dont just spend like fathers. They always think about tomorow to keep the family survivng.
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Chukzyfcb(m): 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
You don't haggle prices long with a male seller.
Guys no need long talk, jst pay dey go.
Moreover if you dey into business, even if customer price a goods the price u'would originally sell it. It doesn't mean you'll quickly agree.....stand firm on ur Initial price, if u'v to come down make it seem like u r doing them a favour! #Its a basic selling technique. If u no dey into bizness u no go uderstand
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by bufness(m): 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
angieberry:
My mom's own:

Mum: how much is this clothe?

Seller: na N3000

Mum: Ahn ahn! No be N500??

Seller: Madam no oh, na N2500 last

Mum: see, na only N1000 I get for my bag. Check am (opens bag)

Seller: madam sorry oh. That price no good . Oya pay N2000

Mum: I no get N2000. If I go down now, I go buy am for N1000 for another person hand.

Seller: madam abeg, na N2000 last I go collect. Na that price wey I buy am

Mum: you dey do shakara too much joorh. And see, the clothe no get quality sef. This one will fade after you wash am once.I'm going.

(Turns and leave)
After a few steps
Seller: madam oya come buy am. Pay N1500

Mum: shebi I tell you I get only N1000.

Seller: Abeg madam that one too small. Add something na .

Mum: oya take N1300

Seller: (collects reluctantly with a big frown).

Mum: Ehen! My customer! You be correct person! I go dey come here everyday! ;DD

While I watch impatiently under the sun cheesy
patiently and vexingly cheesy
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by annibro(f): 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
Eye opener. Heard dis from an Igbo trader
If you're not sure of d geniuness of an item. When u bid it for a lower price & d seller tells u. Sorry with dat price u can only get dis make & points 2 anoda stuff in his shop. Dis latter one he says is lower quality is often times d more standard one. Turn ur attention der.(Dey do dis usually 4 electronics)
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by driand(m): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
GP2015:
Mum: How much for this cloth?
Seller: Madam na 5K
Mum: Make I give you 4K
Seller: Okay, bring Money
Mum: What of 3k?
Seller: >>>>
a typical yoruba mom, akure to be precise..
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by AbuMikey(m): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
angieberry:
My mom's own:

Mum: I no get N2000. If I go down now, I go buy am for N1000 for another person hand.

Mum: you dey do shakara too much joorh. And see, the clothe no get quality sef. This one will fade after you wash am once.I'm going.

(Turns and leave)
After a few steps

I'm wondering if We share same mum grin
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by maryhaam(f): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
JustTara:
Felt haggling was unnecessary and unfair to the sellers, I was always about “how will they make profit?". That was until I started living on my own. Now I'm a pro haggler just like my mum.
my mindset too,but as person dey work for money now.
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by marlockj: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
angieberry:
My mom's own:

(Turns and leave)
After a few steps

Lwkmd very true

She go start from that kind 1:30pm where sun Don hot die,price til 3:30pm nack self pass.

Mother's can value money eh.

Not girls of nowadays
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by gungab(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
most women have that quality... shout out to all SAN...#prayforNigeria
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by darlenese(f): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
WeedSeller:
When I was stil lil-young.." Before we qo see bike(okada) to climb na die weneva we goi sumwea;since dad nodey stay wit us cuz of work..Na bike most tyms'.. All bcuz mum wll b bargaining frm 100 to 50 frm 70 to 40..imaqine..# sumtyms I go vex nd stop to dey follow ah;she go dey waka dey go dey wave bike.

I go stil run after ah weda d bike man go gree' ..And its nt really bout nt avin money' ah salary is slightly above 100k sef..She just "loves managinq"..

You are such a bad writer ,

Effect of selling weed cry
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Fabolous75: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
Have you ever think of buying from JUMIA but don't know how 2 go about it, Here Comes d Solution..... A Faster way 2 Online Market is Shopping 2ru Me..... Faster Delivery, Cash On Delivery + Door Step Deliveries.
There is Special 80% Discounts On all products like: Ladies designers wears & shoes, Men designers wears & shoes, Wrist watches, Smart phones, Electronics, Home appliances, Laptops e.t.c. Call/Chat 08136386580 to place your orders. Limited stock available. First Come First Serve If you miss this opportunity you have yourself 2 blame..
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Khd95(m): 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
Not wit yoruba women on lagos marketsgringrin
na ur ancestors dem go insult
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by blesoh(f): 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
My mother inlaw lol,dat woman ehhh,she asked d meat seller hw much d guy said 18k,then she asked me to price and i said we will buy @ 10k d man started cutting d meat,my mother inlaw then said,,,,,oga i no gree dat price oh na 8k i go give u lol,u nid to see d look on his face lol.anyways he later sold us @ 8k.my mother inlaw can price for africa.hahaha
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Atk01(f): 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lol. My mum's pricing talent is from above.

I'll buy an item for like N1500, happy with myself that I made a good bargain, and when I get home, my mum is like "why do you like wasting money? That thing that cannot pass N600!" undecided

And I'm like shocked shocked
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
NOT JUST MY MOM...AM A VICTIM MY SELF . ..ALWAYS. ESPECIALLY WEN I GAT NO MONEY
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lol
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Tonynelson(m): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
angieberry:
My mom's own:

(Turns and leave)
After a few steps

u sabi dem die... My mum own no be here oo una fit go market by 7am but 6pm una never come back because of this price price and if u complain she go just tell u. Mk u no d follow me come mkt again ooo. Lolzzz
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by braine(m): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
drnairalov:

my bro i know..i am really bad at pricing maybe, so if at all i dey go market i take one of my igbo friends along that guy can price die, but i have been cheated countless times cos when dey start to dey beg i go dey feel 4 dem undecided eg when i got one glasses 8000 naira just 4 me to see the same glasses in another place 5000 naira and i ve not even priced it angry angry...

LOl!!!! It's coz you allow emotions enter into the haggling. Don't think of how the seller feels. Try reducing the price as much as you can! My own rule of thumb is to always slash any price the tell me by 50% first. Then the seller's body language would tell if you should up the amount or slash further.

Negotiating skills is very essential for a man o. A babe would be scamming someone like you wella. The rule is to Always Slash!
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by aikman(m): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Yoruba like trends. Bread pricing started in that region. They can price and use hand select meat and bookoto from mama put pot.hahahahahahaha I hail una
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Daraph(m): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Na N1000 that I buy it last now... Let me give you N1,500
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by anitank(f): 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Not just mums, I do it all the time.

Once they agree too quickly to my bargain I either go lower with price or just leave, otherwise I'd feel cheated the rest of the day
Re: Who Else Has This Kind Of Mum? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
braine:

But you have to know how to do it! Its one thing I believe women should have; as its a good managerial skill. Even if you're rich and can buy all the seller's good.

I hate hagglingundecided. I am going to have enough money so that supermarket and the village would be my first choice to shopundecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

He Is A Better Lover Than My Husband / Identical Twin Sisters Who Are Pregnant At The Same Time (Photos) / Funny Thing Your Spouse Did While You Were Quarreling That Got You Laughing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.