Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Play Android Games From External Sd Obb - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Play Android Games From External Sd Obb (1805 Views)

Installing Ps4 Games From External Disk / How To Install Games With OBB Files On Android Phone / Android Games To Look Out For As At Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Play Android Games From External Sd Obb by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
With this procrdure, you will be able to play android games from external sd card obb and free up free gbs on internal storage. So you can install as many android games as you like .

I wanted to free up few GB from my internal storage by moving some big OBB files to "real" external SD. There are multiple apps that can do that but most of them need to patch my sdcard daemon (because I run Samsung phone), run on boot to execute the binds/mounts, they have to unmount when connecting to pc (not sure?), want me to (offer) remap various locations or pay for multiple entries...
Then there's XInternalSD which does exactly what I need except few things (requires unnecessary setup) which is why I am coming with my own version of similar module.

Module Obb on SD attempts to make it seamless - just enable module, reboot and move obb's to SD card (to same folder: Android/obb) - that's it. No need to enter any path or whitelist/blacklist any app. Do you want to only move Obb from Grand Theft Auto? Then only move that obb. Obb on SD will detect "obb on SD" and enable hooks only for this single game.

I tried various approaches. For example hooking up constructors of File() but since most of large obb's comes from games - ane they are native, it doesn't really work. I just like to have elegant and efficient solution which I thing this module is.

Need more features or move other directories? Than use FolderMount, GL to SD or other app.
Compatibility? It should be the same as XInternalSD. Almost all games I have work just fine (Rockstar, Gameloft, EA, Sega and others), the only trouble I encountered was with games from DotEmu which had hardcoded path to /mnt/sdcard from within native libraries (and it's outside of scope for Xposed to change such fopen call).

Obb on SD also tries to make Play Store update OBB files directly on SD card. It works during my tests but I hear some have issues with it. If you do, you might want to use the "no_play_store_hooks" version instead (available only from here).

Obb on SD is also available from Xposed Module Repository (source).

Changelog
Code:
v0.3.2 (20141206)
- Allow Google Translate

v0.3.1 (20141018)
- Exclude first party apps (Android/Google)

v0.3 (20141007) - beta
- Add support for Obb on SD updates/removals via Play Store
- Bug fix

v0.2 (20141002) - experimental
- Add /Android/data support

(1) (Reply)

How To Improve Image Quality And Boost Gaming On Your Android Phone / World Soccer Tour 2006 vs FIFA 2006 / What Is Your Winning Strategy In Monopoly Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.