Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,382 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. (48413 Views)

What The Bible Really Says About Women Covering Their Head To Church / If Balance Is An Excuse For The Existence Of Good And Evil What Balances Heaven? / Nairaland Atheists , Is This Man Good Or Evil After Doing All These ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 01, 2015
shockwave91:

e be like say u like to shak o. See d lenght @ which u went to explain why alcohol is not sinful... Ride on
...young man, I'm a teetotaler.
But as a lawyer, I must argue one way or the other.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by kennyslim1(m): 10:09am On Nov 01, 2015
SamJed:
Pls can someone answer me this If you see your pastor with a bottle of star in his front, what is the first thought that will come to ur mind Drinking alcohol leads to sin because there is every probability that u will abuse it, from one bottle to two to three...am sure u won't want to see ur pastor drinking because u expect him to be exceptional... No be the same heaven we dey go What is sweet about alcohol sef. The bible says abstain from all appearances of evil...alcohol is an appearance of evil cos there is every probability that u will get intoxicated...why use what u know has more disadvantage to ur body than its advantage... I have never taken alcohol and i will never take...and for the records it has never made me one inch weaker or less stronger...abstain from all appearances of evil that's my advice according to the bible...

if you are in Russia and Germany, you won't even mind these stuff...so please look at the bible and not what you think.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Abba5800: 10:12am On Nov 01, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 01, 2015
SamJed:
Pls can someone answer me this If you see your pastor with a bottle of star in his front, what is the first thought that will come to ur mind Drinking alcohol leads to sin because there is every probability that u will abuse it, from one bottle to two to three...am sure u won't want to see ur pastor drinking because u expect him to be exceptional... No be the same heaven we dey go What is sweet about alcohol sef. The bible says abstain from all appearances of evil...alcohol is an appearance of evil cos there is every probability that u will get intoxicated...why use what u know has more disadvantage to ur body than its advantage... I have never taken alcohol and i will never take...and for the records it has never made me one inch weaker or less stronger...abstain from all appearances of evil that's my advice according to the bible...
Good piece of advice, but I'm afraid there a fallacy there.
One shouldn't stop taking alcohol because chances are one may abuse it.
If one should stop taking alcohol because one may abuse it some day, then one should stop eating because one may abuse food, and that'll will result in gluttony, which is a sin too.
Thanks.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by roxell120(m): 10:14am On Nov 01, 2015
AVOIDING IT IS THE BEST THAN STARTING A SUICIDAL MISSION. MY FRIEND HAS NO CONTROL OF THE SPIRIT OF ALCHOHOL IN HIS LIFE ANYMORE. I U VE EAR USE IT
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Abba5800: 10:15am On Nov 01, 2015
Hahahah... Islam laid the foundation already.. If Cristina stop drinking alcohol, the alcohol company around the world will closed down becouse 99 percent of alcohol drinkers are Christian Muslim hardly drink alcohol..accept Islam and live a happy life
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 01, 2015
roxell120:
AVOIDING IT IS THE BEST THAN STARTING A SUICIDAL MISSION. MY FRIEND HAS NO CONTROL OF THE SPIRIT OF ALCHOHOL IN HIS LIFE ANYMORE. I U VE EAR USE IT
that's what I call good advice.
In conclusion, avoiding alcohol is good practice.
Alcohol isn't a sin.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 01, 2015
Abba5800:
Hahahah... Islam laid the foundation already.. If Cristina stop drinking alcohol, the alcohol company around the world will closed down becouse 99 percent of alcohol drinkers are Christian Muslim hardly drink alcohol..accept Islam and live a happy life
wake up from hypocrisy.
It's morning already!
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Horlufemi(m): 10:21am On Nov 01, 2015
Wine is class, beer is classless.

I drink wine, not beer.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by CRAZYMADMAN(m): 10:22am On Nov 01, 2015
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Femich18(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2015
The bible Neva said u shldnt drink....it just detest drunkard.... Xo it shld b done in moderation... though I dnt drink Bt I Ve frnds dt do and its done moderately... Bt most humans always abuse tins dts Wre its a sin.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Femich18(m): 10:26am On Nov 01, 2015
The bible Neva said u shldnt drink....it just detest drunkard.... Xo it shld b done in moderation... though I dnt drink Bt I Ve frnds dt do and its done moderately... Bt most humans always abuse tins dts Wre its a sin.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by princeunugwa: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2015
Let him that have being drinking and has never got drunk say Ai! And let him that has ever gotten drunk keep mute and stay away from alcohol. True that it's not wah goes into a man dat defiles him buh wat comes out. But alcohol as introduced and repackaged by the devil always causes one to say and do wat ordinarily u wouldn't do in a normal state and beer parlor isn't such a holy place to be. The Bible say flee every appearance of evil and lookin at the ppl and places alcohol is taken this days u'll agree with me that there are semblance and appearance of evil there.
Am not a saint I do take it atimes but wats bad is bad.
Avoid the temptation, bet me u'll always gt drunk it's a trap of d devil
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by lastmessenger: 10:27am On Nov 01, 2015
ganja man
marleyboy1991:
Am surprised the way people makes alchohol looks nice in the society but shun canabis even though it is visible from research that canabis is the most useful plant on earth......The World Needs Weed ....
So that we can all stand for our right!!
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Ovaiegbe(m): 10:28am On Nov 01, 2015
Your article is well articulated and your conclusion is informative.I view the subject like the HIV virus, though the condom may prevent transmission of the virus abstinence is better. Even so while moderation is advised, abstinence remains the best way out.
It all lies in how ones perception of himself. I could say, because I want to be God's image on earth, I need to keep the alertness of my mind to do and speak his will at all time. thus no alcohol for me.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 01, 2015
princeunugwa:
Let him that have being drinking and has never got drunk say Ai! And let him that has ever gotten drunk keep mute and stay away from alcohol. True that it's not wah goes into a man dat defiles him buh wat comes out. But alcohol as introduced and repackaged by the devil always causes one to say and do wat ordinarily u wouldn't do in a normal state and beer parlor isn't such a holy place to be. The Bible say flee every appearance of evil and lookin at the ppl and places alcohol is taken this days u'll agree with me that there are semblance and appearance of evil there.
Am not a saint I do take it atimes but wats bad is bad.
Avoid the temptation, bet me u'll always gt drunk it's a trap of d devil
...places alcohol is taken?
So if the "places" food is taken is "unholy", you stop eating?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 01, 2015
Ovaiegbe:
Your article is well articulated and your conclusion is informative.I view the subject like the HIV virus, though the condom may prevent transmission of the virus abstinence is better. Even so while moderation is advised, abstinence remains the best way out.
It all lies in how ones perception of himself. I could say, because I want to be God's image on earth, I need to keep the alertness of my mind to do and speak his will at all time. thus no alcohol for me.
thumbs up!
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by SIRTee15: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2015
marleyboy1991:

Yeah I know....
Those two things they talking about "wine and beer"
Are made good as a result of the fact that the society dosent see anything wrong in them..but for real they not good for the health....ask a real doctor not a doctor who talks without research
stop spreading ignorance, refined wine is cardioprotective. it also has some other health benefits.
moderation is key.
american heart association recommends one to two glass cup of wine a day.
however I'll advise people to stay away from all those locally made and poorly brewed alcoholic drinks e.g spirit, gin, ogogoro, sapele water, kai-kai e.t.c
the above are terrible drinks with associated numerous health hazards.

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 01, 2015
SIRTee15:

stop spreading ignorance, refined wine is cardioprotective. it also has some other health benefits.
moderation is key.
however I'll advise people to stay away from all those locally made and poorly brewed alcoholic drinks e.g spirit, gin, ogogoro, sapele water, kai-kai e.t.c
correct. On point.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by princeunugwa: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2015
LEGALAide:

...places alcohol is taken?
So if the "places" food is taken is "unholy", you stop eating?
My brother wat am trying to say there is dat d devil is crafty, people get delivered of drunkenness spirit, but u hardly see anybody needing deliverance out of gluttony. U hardly go about doing the extra ordinary wen u've over eaten but u'll wen u r drunk so that's d key for d devil to lure u to evil, there is a very thin line btw moderation and excess and wen it comes to alcohol whoever says he hasn't crossed it is one of a kind.
Alcohol has potential of altering ur mood not until it drives u into d gutter, it gives u this kind of alpha confidence that a girl u r shy of befr u could nw toast her with good lyrics. At that point bro, d devil is succeeding in ur life, abstinence remains the best, preach it!

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by babajero(m): 10:44am On Nov 01, 2015
PastorandMentor:
All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. 1 Corinthians 10:23

So the question you should ask yourself; Does it build me up or destroy me?
Does it make me want lust after the opposite sex? Does it make me abuse people and disobey traffic and governed rules of the land? When you answer that question, judge yourself deep inside of you. Alcohol is a mocker. Be not drunk with wine but be filled with the spirit. God bless you.
Are you sure you read what was written? You wrote 'drunk' and that was the main thing he told you to abstain from and not the drink, drinking doesn't automatically make you a drunker. Same thing goes with money, money is good but love of it is evil so says the bible.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by OCTAVO: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2015
I've always known personally that there's nothing wrong with Alcohol, as it's even used as a form of food preservative. However, how you drink it and where you drink it is the main thing. If you drink it with sinners, they'll take you as one of them, and they can never listen to you when you preach Jesus to them. In a nutshell, if you have to sacrifice drinking Alcohol in order to make sinners listen to you with an open heart while you preach, I think it's worth it. As a Christian, we have to live a life that won't make people go a stray. Personally, I don't drink it. But I don't see anything wrong with it either.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by So4baba(m): 10:50am On Nov 01, 2015
gradeA:
Am glad you quoted Luke 1:15 in your write-up. The reason John the Baptist was forbidden from taking alcohol was because he would be filled with the Holy Spirit from birth.

Now alcohol was permitted in the dispensation of old, but we are now in the dispensation of the Holy Spirit, and it is forbidden.

Once we have the new birth in Christ, and are baptised in the Holy Ghost, we get to the stage John the Baptist was at birth and what applied to him becomes applicable to us.

Guys the conclusion remains once you are born again, and filled with the Spirit of God, you have no business with alcohol, be it a sip, gulp or total consumption.

cc; LEGALAide.
In all thy getting, get wisdom,, I don't drink myself, but I wld nt help but share the knowledge abt this issue,. John was a nazarite from birth, so was Samson, and one could even take the nazarite vow after birth. Paul asking Timothy to take wine was recorded in the new testament, wld we say Timothy wasn't beefd up with the holy spirit even when Paul ascertained this fact?. Paul said in 1 Timothy 3:3 that a BISHOP must be one NOT given to WINE, but said in verse 8 concerning the DEACONS as been one NOT GIVEN TO MUCH WINE(moderate drinking), wld we again say the DEACONS AREN'T to be filled with the holy spirit? I dnt support drinking because yu cnt really know when you ll get drunk, NO ONE drinks to get drunk, it's smthing yu can't control, or which most people cnt control. And when the Bible said if ur right hand will cause you to sin, cut it off, I believe the only way you ll get drunk is by drinking, so we can as well use the said analogy to support the claim. Also, when a new convert who is lacking in knowledge see you a brother in Christ drink, He might become offended and his conscience is hurt but his sin as a result of this will be upon YOU WHO HAS DRANK OR EATEN.study ROMANS chp 14 and this whole issue will become clear.
Having argued back and forth,, I will make you knw that of scriptural knowledge, DRINKING and NOT getting DRUNK ISN'T A SIN....SHALOM
MAY THE LORD IMPROVE US IN KNOWLEDGE OF HIS WORDS

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Godiskind: 10:52am On Nov 01, 2015
In as much as I support by my understanding of bible about wine that our consumption of it should be moderate, that we should not get drunk, I want to clear that being drunk is not only when you have started talking to ursef on the road or when you have started walking zigzagly but also when the consumption has affected ur sense of cordination or has altered negatively ur mental make up.
iPopAlomo:
Pastor... how about us... we dey down alomo like pure water... yet we stand well well... hopefully we haven't sinned...?! yeah... grin
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by forandy(m): 10:53am On Nov 01, 2015
Spot on!

1 Like

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by anonimi: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2015
SIRTee15:

moderation is key.

But they can drink IMPORTED London dry gin, brandy, vodka etc, not so

Abeg wetin be the difference between the two categories except our INFERIORITY complex for oyinbo things! undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Perfectwazobia: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2015
EVA wine , Chamdor wine etc are red grape wine and not juice .Proof me wrong,the fruit of the vine use for the Lord super when fresh is nonalcoholic unless it is left to ferment .
Why do we have alcoholic and non alcoholic wine in the market.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 01, 2015
Perfectwazobia:
EVA wine , Chamdor wine etc are red grape wine and not juice .Proof me wrong,the fruit of the vine use for the Lord super when fresh is nonalcoholic unless it is left to ferment .
Why do we have alcoholic and non alcoholic wine in the market.
Hahaha.
NON-ALCOHOLIC WINE!
Laughing in Swahili.
When fruit is not fermented, it is not called wine.
It is called fruit juice!
If you call it wine, then what is fruit juice?

4 Likes

Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by otiigba1(m): 11:17am On Nov 01, 2015
LEGALAide:

...not minding that your question is neither here nor there, I'll answer.
Cannabis even in moderation is bad for you.
Stop taking it already!
Utter Rubbish! Abi no be God create cannabis or weed too? Remember its also a plant tongue, you people with your hypocricy and contradictions. angry
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 01, 2015
PastorandMentor:
All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up. 1 Corinthians 10:23

So the question you should ask yourself; Does it build me up or destroy me?
Does it make me want lust after the opposite sex? Does it make me abuse people and disobey traffic and governed rules of the land? When you answer that question, judge yourself deep inside of you. Alcohol is a mocker. Be not drunk with wine but be filled with the spirit. God bless you.
did it make Jesus want to do all these things? or even Timothy that was advised to take it? it still not the alcohol that's the bad thing sir. it's drunkenness that's bad. don't make the laws that u men feel is right become interpreted as the law of God. yes not all things are lawful or necessary. but does that refer strictly to alcohol? in trying to prove his point ,the op has clearly stated directly passages from the Bible that support an encourage taking alcohol. he has also quoted passages that kick against its excess consumption. y do u say it should not b taken at all with these questions u r asking? are u contradicting the Bible or condemning Christ who took it? if the Bible says it OK , who r u to say it's not?
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 01, 2015
otiigba1:
Utter Rubbish! Abi no be God create cannabis or weed too? Remember its also a plant tongue, you people with your hypocricy and contradictions. angry
Sorry I'm spoiling your weed market.
There's no contradiction in my article.
Yes God created weed.
And God created cyanide containing plants.
Eat them, because God created them too.
Re: Alcohol: good Or Evil. What The Bible Really Says. by uprightman(m): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2015
Owliver:
Palm wine serves one purpose = To drink.

who created palm wine? God

grin
yes to drink wine is not sin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Takes Steps Against The Spread Of Ebola / Man Gets Visa To 3 Countries After Placing "Miracle Sticker" On His Passport / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.