Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp (2074 Views)

NYSC Orientation Camp Questions & Answers By Pcms / Ebonyi Corper Shares His Orientation Camp Experience – A Corper’s Tale / 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
1. Most camps don’t have toilets, so ready to improvise.

2.Your kits given to you might not be your size. so its
either you swap with someone (with begging of course)
or you slimfit the wears but the boots are always bigger
than your given size so i advice you get to camp early
enough so as to get a small size as most times the
small sizes are given to people who come early.

3. I advise you to get to camp early. As the good part
or utilities such as rooms, beds, kits will be given to
people who get there early.

4.Do and at all cost avoid the bunks or bedspace near
the doors especially the toilet as you would be inhaling
some dangerous odors for 3 whole weeks . hmmm. Also
the bunks or bed spaces close to the entrance door are
not so cool as your belongings are prone to their happy
thieves. Also when the soldiers and officials come in to
chase people out you are their first targets and victim.
So be wise..

5. Try and join OBS . You can sometimes escape some
boring activities especially those hot afternoon parade
practice…. But i would say you avoid joining band
because you will be made to practice day and night.. My
friend was an example. I also hear that they usually
promise that those in the band will be posted to
companies and town center but my dear, don’t be
deceived.

6. Your luggages will be ransacked by soldiers while
searching for forbidden items. So when arranging or
packing your boxes know how to arrange them.

7. Queuing up should become a part of you . At camp
Queue is the main thing. You queue up to bath, to fetch
water, to eat , and other activities.

8. Dont over-slim fit your khaki because when you wash
it , it shrinks. Be careful .

9 Lectures might be long and boring but not all
.especially if you have friends you can talk to or gist
with to let time fly. Funny enough its not everyone that
would be able to hear what is being said. So whats the
point… So make friends..

10. Just respect the soldiers and officials else camp will
be a living hell experience from you .And don’t form
over-familiarity with them else you calling for trouble
especially the Ladies. I am sure you know what i am
talking about.

11.No drugs allowed o! except you want to be sent out
of camp.

12. Mosquito nets are quite useful as they can serve as
a protective measure for you belongings , also they can
hide you from officers incase you want to hide but its
not a good idea when caught. Also if you take the lower
bunk the nets can prevent anyone from staying on your
bed or stepping on it …

Finally , What happens in camp stays in camp…….

www.evatese.com/2014/07/17/12-things-no-one-tells-you-about-nysc-orientation-camp/

5 Likes

Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by iamsodium(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
Following
Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by Nicolars(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2015
Lol. Ok
Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by osamaBUSH(m): 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nice info.
Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by beycity(m): 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
Lovely! Thanks for the information. It will come handy. #TeamStream2.
Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by Mcmooney(m): 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
Nice points. Make sense
Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by Gosj01(m): 7:49pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hmming
Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by mrcokoro(m): 6:31am On Nov 02, 2015
The part of staying close to the door is somehow true undecided cos these guys stole my bathroom slippers yesterday grin grin angry but when u by the door it also gives u good space to keep tins. Now to OBS, u can still join the other teams and still dodge parade. Well am in the maintenance team(water section) and right now no morning drills/meditation for me grin grin. Finally I've never queued up to bath or anytin like that cos I stay in a #5StarCamp. grin grin. Also they never told u to come with a rubber shoe. Pls go with a rubber shoe because it's the most important tin on camp after ur certificates. Have fun people camp is fun. 14days to go shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by funmi4love(f): 8:58am On Nov 02, 2015
Thanks nice one
Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by Chomzy19(f): 9:50am On Nov 02, 2015
It is not entirely true that the earlier you come the best space and kit you get. You are allocated a space and you Dont have the right to choose where you stay in some camps. E.g. rivers camp. They also start allocations from the oldest hostels. Also you will serve punishment for coming a day before. Be wise
Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
Chomzy19:
It is not entirely true that the earlier you come the best space and kit you get. You are allocated a space and you Dont have the right to choose where you stay in some camps. E.g. rivers camp. They also start allocations from the oldest hostels. Also you will serve punishment for coming a day before. Be wise

Serve a punishment for coming a day before?

What kind?
Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by airsaylongcon: 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2015
Chomzy19:

iRep #NonwaGbamTai... My greetings to HRH Gbene mene tua tua
Re: 12 Things No One Tells You About Nysc Orientation Camp by Welcomme: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2015
Looking forward to batch A.

(1) (Reply)

Nysc At 40: Success Or Failure / How Do One Save During Service Year / NOT AGAIN! Another Corp Member Passes On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.