Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

What Has Blogging Turned Into? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Has Blogging Turned Into? (917 Views)

Guys, I'm Thinking Of Going Into Blogging Out Of Serious Boredom? / 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging / 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT (2) (3) (4)

What Has Blogging Turned Into? by Mayfrank(m): 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
I write this post with utmost disappointment at the way people take blogging nowadays. Blogging which is meant to be a platform to express your passion of writing, teaching, photography, etc has now become a means of hustle. it's so bad that even illiterates venture into the act.

Just two days ago, as I was about to close a deal on purchasing an Adsense account worth 25k, it struck me. I was like "guy, what are you doing?" Even though I started blogging a year, I haven't forgotten why I started. I love writing and I couldn't let years of studying and acing English Language go to waste like that. So I started blogging about what I'm most passionate about, technology. And I don't mean copying and pasting.

But today, the blogosphere is filled with these copy and paste bloggers. On Nairaland alone you'll find questions like "how can I get 1k daily pageviews?, who has Adsense account for sell? or how to boost traffic with Facebook, bla bla bla". The right questions that should be asked are "how do I get dedicated readers? Is my blog helpful and educative?" Bloggers today don't just care, they don't reply comments or interact with their users. I can't mention up to 10 out of the thousands of bloggers in Nigeria who care.

To cut the long story short, I'm just trying to reignite that passion. Yes, blogging is a passion not a job. If it earns you money...cool. But let it not be your priority. This is probably the reason why bloggers like Linda Ikeji would feel lonely despite their wealth. I hope this post reaches every affected mind.

cc: lalasticala

Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by webincomeplus(m): 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by TerraByte(m): 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2015
Not their fault.....dem too wan buy house for banana island...

Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by mokoshalb(m): 4:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by bedfordng(m): 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2015
That is how we see it these days
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
B4 u the talk all, people don park all the money for AdSense.
MoralFuckker
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by jaybossYBNL(m): 8:17am On Nov 02, 2015
You have said it all
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:12am On Nov 02, 2015
Hmnn..
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by EntclassBlog(m): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
nawa oo
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by Mayfrank(m): 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
Hmnn..

For example Bro Jide took his time to comment
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by femzysticks(m): 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2015
Exactly the point

what if someone has already said what you want to say lol
well that is not an excuse to copy and paste
we all should have our own view of a story

Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by Mayfrank(m): 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
femzysticks:
Exactly the point

what if someone has already said what you want to say lol
well that is not an excuse to copy and paste
we all should have our own view of a story

Exactly... we don't think d same way
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by Rosemary216(f): 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
Hmmmm. Wat can I say
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by Tmonex: 6:12am On Nov 03, 2015
This very true.....i blog on two things i know very well online business and tech products....i never found it hard to conjure a 1000words article in 1hour
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by Chillinmasoul(m): 11:38am On Nov 03, 2015
This is absolutely true.
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by Mayfrank(m): 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
Wow... 24 new comments in my blog. It's like keeping the readers in mind finally paid off.
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by ediko5(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
There's this guy that the only time he promotes his blog is when he ask people to place their adverts on his site and reach out to millions of Nigerians.

I don't blame them, na Linda ikeji I blame
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by ShutdownBrown24(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2015
Copy & paste association of Nigerian Bloggers ( CPANB). Blogger now are desperate to have money, but not desperate to provide knowledge.

That's why I love YouTube you can't copy someone's video, if you copy someone's you get a strike or account termination... But blogging! Jesus Christ!!!!! People can copy word to word with no fear.. That's why you see one post in 150million blog, word to word.

Making fucking much from my YouTube AdSense... No copy and paste here...
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by Mayfrank(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2015
ShutdownBrown24:
Copy & paste association of Nigerian Bloggers ( CPANB). Blogger now are desperate to have money, but not desperate to provide knowledge.

That's why I love YouTube you can't copy someone's video, if you copy someone's you get a strike or account termination... But blogging! Jesus Christ!!!!! People can copy word to word with no fear.. That's why you see one post in 150million blog, word to word.

That's true bro
Re: What Has Blogging Turned Into? by kingstylo01(m): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
ShutdownBrown24:

how that youtube adsense dey? Hope it pays well

..... / I Have 100k That I Want To Invest In My Blog; What Are The Best Practices ? / Free Non Hosted Adsense Account For First Three Naira Land Member