Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging (9449 Views)

5 Destructive Things You Should Stop Doing As A Blogger / 5 Things Nigerian Bloggers Should Stop Doing / 10 Reasons Your Website Gets No Visitors (and What To Do About It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by mokoshalb(m): 4:28am On Aug 19, 2017
Like most things, blogging is not everyone’s cup of tea. The turnover rate in the blogosphere is astounding with bloggers throwing in the towel daily. You may be sarcastically thinking “Yeah! I would love to be one of the quitters!” but just know that you could also be doing something else far more enjoyable to you, personally. To be honest, bloggers are still going to blog. Here are 10 reasons why you should stop blogging.

Read here: https://www.mokoshalb.com/10-reasons-stop-blogging/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by mokoshalb(m): 4:28am On Aug 19, 2017
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by NERRORECORDS(m): 5:17am On Aug 19, 2017
I i love this lines brother. Is motivational to my liking.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Teaveapoet(f): 5:31am On Aug 19, 2017
Thanks For Inspiring Me
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 19, 2017
Nice write up, enthralling!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by SirLakes: 6:39am On Aug 19, 2017
cool
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by GirlOfTheWeek(f): 7:02am On Aug 19, 2017
mokoshalb:
Like most things, blogging is not everyone’s cup of tea. The turnover rate in the blogosphere is astounding with bloggers throwing in the towel daily. You may be sarcastically thinking “Yeah! I would love to be one of the quitters!” but just know that you could also be doing something else far more enjoyable to you, personally. To be honest, bloggers are still going to blog. Here are 15 reasons why you should stop blogging.

1. You Dislike Writing

This seems like a no-brainer, right? You may be surprised to find out many people either write for an audience or write to get rich. If either of these comprises all or part of your motivation, you probably shouldn’t be blogging.

Many successful bloggers will tell you the only person worth writing for is yourself. Simply put, if you don’t like it, don’t spend the majority of your time doing it. Additionally, if you also don’t like writing often, you can always outsource. If you think you have a bad writing motive, you can check out my list to improve your writing skills here.

2. You Don’t Like Interaction

Blogging appeals to many under the premise of an average person making a living writing about what they love. Average people like to feel part of a community and intermingle with others in it. Part of what makes someone a successful blogger is a frequent interaction with readers. If you don’t want to talk to people, write a book instead.

3. You Can’t Make the Time

Blogging is a time intensive practice. Many hours have to be put in behind the keyboard to ensure your success. If you want to be good at it, you have to get off your ass and do it a lot.

4. You’ve Run Out of Ideas

Ideas may have come easy when you first started but, unfortunately, the idea well can dry up. A successful blog keeps things interesting by introducing new, exciting topics for readers to salivate over.

Think of a newspaper, for instance. If there wasn’t new content each day, a news publication wouldn’t have readers. We live in a high stimulus world. New and interesting content is important.

5. You Have Yet to Secure a Reader Base

A reader base is a key to monetizing your blog successfully. Granted, it takes some time to establish a base readership, but if you have been active for six months to a year without gaining a substantial following, you are doing something wrong.

6. Your Skin is Thin

What does blogging have to do with skin? Bloggers get to face all sorts of indiscriminate abuse. Anonymity provides people with a mask and gives them the balls to hurl insults without any social – or physical – repercussion.

A bloggers skin should be hard as a rhino’s, not thin like Donald Trump’s. If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

7. Bored

If you’re bored with blogging, your readers can tell. There is nobody less enjoyable to listen to than a boring person. Boredom is like the flu – when you open your mouth, it instantly infects everyone around you. Bored? Then call it.

8. You Aren’t Getting any Money

I said before that blogging isn’t about money. Here is the exception to the rule. If you want to be a full-time blogger, you need income. The money will help you separate yourself from the endless sea of bloggers through buying traffic and exposure. Furthermore, living costs money. Spending the majority of your time doing something while accruing no money for it isn’t the best idea.

9. Your Target Market is Overly Saturated

You may have chosen a market that already hosts a lot of players. If so, your chances of penetrating and beating out the established players is minimal. It is possible but it will take some serious effort and wizardry. Most likely more than you may be willing to put in.

10. You Don’t Like Visuals in Posts

Visuals will draw in your readers like a light does to a moth. Good photos are eye catching and will help bring in business. If you are blasphemous and don’t care for photography or even infographics, your posts will suffer tremendously. Photographers and design artists need money too.

In brief, successful blogging has a lot of components and it can be extremely difficult to have them all. If you have found you shouldn’t be writing blog posts anymore, don’t despair. The vast majority of the world doesn’t blog and they seem alright.

Read more: https://www.mokoshalb.com/10-reasons-stop-blogging/
mynd44 lalasticlala

Nice, what if you're getting money but the rest...? like dislike writing?

for the past few days I've been using my free time to promote my African fashion Blog on My Signature, but it's not been easy I must say. What do you suggest for me

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by KayDEAN(m): 7:07am On Aug 19, 2017
This is what I've been telling them, but will they hear?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by deturla: 7:11am On Aug 19, 2017
GirlOfTheWeek:

for the past few days I've been using my free time to promote my African fashion Blog on My Signature, but it's not been easy I must say. What do you suggest for me

Funny to say the least, while some bloggers earn loads of cash while disliking blogging, some others just do so for the love of it. The way life is, really!

You need to like writing, really. If not then, you can get more people on board to write for you. You make the money don't you? Leverage that to make more money!

On promotion: the difference between every rich and broke blogger out there - according to the Entrepreneur, is promotion and advertising. So keep at it. You will smile greatly soon!

www.deedeesblog.com

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by franugo(m): 7:16am On Aug 19, 2017
don't quote d entire op 4 christ's sake!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Astanbaya: 7:23am On Aug 19, 2017
smiley
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by MuyiRano(m): 7:23am On Aug 19, 2017
Bloggers everywhere. Even my friend that what he knows how to do best is copy and paste is now into blogging. issorite
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Noblebrown7(m): 7:24am On Aug 19, 2017
Noted.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Noblebrown7(m): 7:24am On Aug 19, 2017
They've heard.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by sekem: 7:33am On Aug 19, 2017
Reverse psychology

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 19, 2017
Real bloggers are not the ones creating sites on entertainment news. No market research, No keyword research, No search engine optimization, No competition research, you just create a blog and start posting random entertainment/event news. I don't see these set of people as bloggers. Blogging is all about carving a specific niche for yourself and become an authority. It is not hard, just need patience.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by crunchyg: 7:46am On Aug 19, 2017
If I stop blogging, you go feed me?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by slayking(m): 7:49am On Aug 19, 2017
You wrote a nice article but you never suggested an alternative to blogging..I.e social media or the likes.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 19, 2017
That aspect of writing is so on point. Every dick and Tom wants to make money by copying and pasting, without trying to sit their ass down to write. How then will you make it? I'm not talking about these gossip bloggers, I mean, those bloggers who are in niches that will warrant dishing out sumptuous contents daily, instead, they will come to my blog and copy. I will keep reporting them to Google DCMA if they refuse to change.

Blogging is about passion. Forget about the monetary reward and focus on impact. My cent.

EntMirror Is My Hood

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Moshlaw(m): 8:03am On Aug 19, 2017
Thick skin?......I think everybody needs that
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Oloruntobi4382(m): 8:11am On Aug 19, 2017
EntMirror:
That aspect of writing is so on point. Every dick and Tom wants to make money by copying and pasting, without trying to sit their ass down to write. How then will you make it? I'm not talking about these gossip bloggers, I mean, those bloggers who are in niches that will warrant dishing out sumptuous contents daily, instead, they will come to my blog and copy. I will keep reporting them to Google DCMA if they refuse to change.

Blogging is about passion. Forget about the monetary reward and focus on impact. My cent.

EntMirror Is My Hood
Henry, you can lie. You said you were becoming a god and your spirit guide....third eye bla bla bla You were deceiving us while using the time to blog. -Teensway.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 19, 2017
I shouldn't blog because I'm a believer of MORE? I'm a capitalist investor and a writer and decide to fish out business ideas for the populace. How bad is that? That doesn't stop me from delving into enlightenment bro. grin

If there's anyway I can solve a problem, I do that. If you have any spiritual or economical issue, i'm here to guide. My other Monika have my blog as its signature. So, not hiding anything bro.

Oloruntobi4382:
Henry, you can lie. You said you were becoming a god and your spirit guide....third eye bla bla bla You were deceiving us while using the time to blog. -Teensway.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Oloruntobi4382(m): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2017
EntMirror:
I shouldn't blog because I'm a believer of MORE? I'm a capitalist investor and a writer and decide to fish out business ideas for the populace. How bad is that? That doesn't stop me from delving into enlightenment bro. grin

If there's anyway I can solve a problem, I do that. If you have any spiritual or economical issue, i'm here to guide. My other Monika have my blog as its signature. So, not hiding anything bro.

Okay o. How that your spirit babe?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by mokoshalb(m): 8:31am On Aug 19, 2017
NERRORECORDS:
I i love this lines brother. Is motivational to my liking.
Thanks bro. wink
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by mokoshalb(m): 8:38am On Aug 19, 2017
Teaveapoet:
Thanks For Inspiring Me
Straight up!
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 19, 2017
e cocern you
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by mokoshalb(m): 8:40am On Aug 19, 2017
GirlOfTheWeek:

Since it's still new, you can still forge ahead.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by mokoshalb(m): 8:42am On Aug 19, 2017
slayking:
You wrote a nice article but you never suggested an alternative to blogging..I.e social media or the likes.
That will surely be treated in other articles.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by mokoshalb(m): 8:43am On Aug 19, 2017
Moshlaw:
Thick skin?......I think everybody needs that
grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 19, 2017
She left. Had a problem with her
Oloruntobi4382:
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Stop Blogging by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 19, 2017
She left. Had a problem with her.. If you want to know more, go to my main thread. This Monika is strictly for biz grin
Oloruntobi4382:

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Payment Processor In Nigeria? / The Technique Of Building Brands And Boosting Sales With KEYWORDS (Part 1) / How long do you code a day(Hours)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.