Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Any Hope For One With A 2.2 In Chemical Engineering - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Any Hope For One With A 2.2 In Chemical Engineering (2919 Views)

YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / What Is The Hope For A 2.2 In The Labour Market / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope For One With A 2.2 In Chemical Engineering by humblesoul(m): 12:36am On May 10, 2009
hello nairalanders, i was talking with a friend who just graduated with a 2.2 in chemical engineering from a federal university back in nigeria, and he is feeling depressed because he feels he will not be able to get a job because all the employers are asking for a 2.1, he does not have the financial backing to do a masters, i really don't know what to tell him , he sounds like he has given up, so what do you guys think? what should i say, is there hope for him?
Re: Any Hope For One With A 2.2 In Chemical Engineering by Enquirer: 4:53pm On May 10, 2009
Grade is not the sole determinant of success but attitude. He should quit sulking over his grade. Some prominent people in the world today were flops in school. George W. Bush was a C student. So was Fawehinmi, and Iwuanyanwu. Nothing stops him from making it in life except him.
Re: Any Hope For One With A 2.2 In Chemical Engineering by kellyhand1: 7:54pm On May 10, 2009
humblesoul:

hello nairalanders, i was talking with a friend who just graduated with a 2.2 in chemical engineering from a federal university back in nigeria, and he is feeling depressed because he feels he will not be able to get a job because all the employers are asking for a 2.1, he does not have the financial backing to do a masters, i really don't know what to tell him , he sounds like he has given up, so what do you guys think? what should i say, is there hope for him?

Point of correction, Not all companies need only 2:1, SHELL takes 2:2. He should watch out for their adverts on their site. Another wise suggestion is learning some chemical engrg software like Hysis, Chemcad e.t.c. Browse on the internet and check for more types.

Check out some Design companies as well.Men, I know of a Mechanical Engineering graduate who finished with a 2:2 after having an extra year. He works with TOTAL now and that's the third oil company he's working for.

But the most important thing right now is TRUSTING GOD.I know it may sound hard but that's the only way.

Hope this helps.
Re: Any Hope For One With A 2.2 In Chemical Engineering by humblesoul(m): 8:13pm On May 10, 2009
guys thanks for your messages keep them coming, i will definately deliver your messages to him cos i initially didnt know what to tell him,
Re: Any Hope For One With A 2.2 In Chemical Engineering by hallo(f): 11:15am On May 11, 2009
It is all about ur attitude. Do u think all those that have 2:1 or 1st class can really present and defend themselves. Don't tell me it is ur grade that will determine ur success- very funny.pls raise ur shoulder high, ur chin and face to the sky cos somebody out there needs u. Pls believe in urself. i know of a third class working in one of this good companies around town. But becos she believed that she's got something they need. she actually pushed hard with faith in God. Grade aint a determinant of whre one goes in life. it is all about the right attitude, confidence and ultimately trust in God cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley. And moreover some companiers still request for 2:2, just look out for them and aske God for direction. I aint praching but it is the true fact.
Re: Any Hope For One With A 2.2 In Chemical Engineering by sirabbey(m): 4:21pm On May 11, 2009
As a man thinks in his heart, so is he! Wole Soyinka made 3rd class in University of Ife (OAU) but he said no, that aint me, i am a first class and world class brain and today he is. It aint your grade that decide who you will be or what you will be in life but what you think you are and cut out to be. Take control of your destiny or somebody/something will do it for you.
Re: Any Hope For One With A 2.2 In Chemical Engineering by goodboybad(m): 10:00pm On May 11, 2009
In this life giving up is not an option. what does your friend want to do? Give up and die? That is not an option.
Like kelly said, the minimum grade in oil companies is 2.2 I am certain that shell collects 2.2
In the meantime, let him improve himself. If he cannot afford a masters, can he afford a proffessional certification?
If possible, he should try an look for a low profile job that may be low paying so that he can work for a while and get experience, which is also important to employers.
There are far too many options for him to give up.

(1) (Reply)

Is FCMB Recruiting? / Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment Exercise Has Been Cancelled / NNPC Commenced Issuence Of Provisional Offers Of Employment To 1050 GT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.