Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,094 members, 7,953,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! (1885 Views)

Picture Of A Mother Forcing Her Child To Eat. / Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by malaika(f): 8:25am On May 10, 2009
:/
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by spikedcylinder: 8:48am On May 10, 2009
Unless they carry her bound and gagged to an operating room, I'd suggest your friend chooses a delivery method BEST FOR HER. Bleeding hell, she's not a robot for MIL or husband to manipulate as they please. undecided
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by Nobody: 10:22am On May 10, 2009
The husband is a selfish idiot.

Did he marry for his mother or for himself and his wife? Men like that are better lost than found.
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by ifyalways(f): 12:08pm On May 10, 2009
Never knew men so selfish,heartless and stone cold like this still exists shocked shocked
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by touchmeder: 1:44pm On May 10, 2009
Is this a joke or what?
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by prittigrrr(f): 2:13pm On May 10, 2009
Even tough a c-section is fairly "routine", it is still very serious. The baby should be allowed to come when God dictates, not when hubby and mother in law choose. This is so inconsiderate.
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by Secretz(f): 3:47pm On May 10, 2009
prittigrrr:

Even tough a c-section is fairly "routine", it is still very serious. The baby should be allowed to come when God dictates, not when hubby and mother in law choose. This is so inconsiderate.

Absolutely!!!

If it's God's choice that the mother in law will see the child, then so be it! If it's his choice that she will not, then so be it! Can you just imagine that this was to go ahead and something (God Forbid) awful was to happen to the child??

Please advise your friend to ignore them, simple! And let them and her know 'God's time is the best time'. Arrant nonsense, unless they are going to strap her down, then there is nothing they can do. Her health and baby's health is at most paramount! Unless her husband wants to lose all 3? grin
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 10, 2009
Doesn't your friend have parents of her own? If she hasn't, cant someone give her moral support. Obviously her husband is distraught at losing his mum but encouraging his wife to pull out a kid when it's not time yet seems bizarre.
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by mohawkchic(f): 1:46am On May 11, 2009
~Oh Dear!

~The best you can do is Give moral support to your m8 . . . This suitation is enough stress to warrant early labour & no doubt she needs all the support she can get to go thro this sticky suiation. . . Its obvious the husband & MIL arent been considerate & are acting on their own selfish purposes with little or no regard for your m8's feelings!

~Good luck to her whatever decision she makes,i hope it doesnt ruin her Birth Experience!
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by tope5000: 1:47am On May 11, 2009
malaika:

I didn't know whether to post this under the Health section but I think it's more of a Family issue. Anyway here goes

A friend of mine is now about 36 weeks pregnant and is due for a natural delivery in about 4 weeks' time if everything goes well. Recently her Mother in Law's health took a turn for the worse, in fact she's terminally ill and can kick the bucket anytime. Now her husband is insisting that my friend book for an immediate ceasarian section and get the baby out so that his mother (her mother in law) can meet the child before she dies. He wants his mother to have as much time with her grandchild as possible before she dies, I suspect this is the mother in law's idea and she's the one insisting but my friend's husband seems to agree as well. He is very close to his mother and is emotional about her impending death. My friend does not want to have a c-section unless its absolutely necessary, for obvious reasons, a c-section is major abdominal surgery and my friend's pregnancy is not complicated and she was looking forward to giving birth to her first child naturally. Also, having a c-section might mean that all other babies she will have will have to be delivered by c-section. This is causing a lot of tension in the marriage, the husband is telling her to stop thinking about herself for once, he says the baby/babies will be fine with either birth method and she also will recover fully, but his mother is dying and she must think about that.

I don't know how to advise her, because it seems that any decision she makes will have a lasting impact on her marriage, either for the good or for the worst. Any suggestions?

This had better be a joke o. . . . . . . pls tell me u r kidding? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by Sissy3(f): 3:25am On May 11, 2009
hmmm . .  really hard one. the woman is 36wks almost due with no complications. may i ask whether the doctors gave the MIL weeks, days etc to live? that her husband is so desperate like this that he doesn't seem to consider the well being of his wife and baby? this is surgery we are talking about here, and it always carries its risks. what if out of his desperation the baby is pulled out and something goes wrong? is he even thinking about that?

I can definitely understand his feelings on wanting his mom to see his kid but then he also needs to consider his own wife's feelings too. what if the wife goes ahead with the surgery and minutes into it, the mom dies without seeing the baby?

the husband needs to leave nature to take its course. if it is willed that the mom will see the baby she definitely will, the baby is already around the corner, 4 more wks  isn't really that far. and if it is not willed that she sees the baby so be it.

Also since there is no sign of complications as of yet, not all doctors will agree to perform the CS. If the pregnancy was at the 40wks mark or there was complications then it will be a go ahead.
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by Oxone(m): 5:08am On May 11, 2009
cant believe any sane person would ask his wife to go thru this shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

the man is a selfish fool & should be castrated without anaestheticsangry angry angry angry angry angry angry

if the MIL is that desperate to see the child, then am sure she can somehow hang on until the due date or kick the bucket for the peace of all concerned

its not wise to undergo caesarian section until absolutely necessary
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by Akinagirl(f): 6:03am On May 11, 2009
How inconsiderate. shocked Pulling a baby out before its time can be fatal to both mother and child. Gods time is the best time.
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by prittigrrr(f): 2:39pm On May 11, 2009
Even if the wife has the c-section, depending on the health of the MiL, the doctors may not allow a baby in her hospital room. The same applies for the baby. There may be unforseeen health issues with the baby that preclude the child from leaving the hospital. The husband has not thought these issues through.
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by zeya: 5:58pm On May 11, 2009
do not take desicion that will make your wife dislike you, just allow the birth of your baby to take its natural course
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by malaika(f): 6:53pm On May 11, 2009
:/
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by sistawoman: 8:52pm On May 11, 2009
The stardard here in the US is delievery at anypoint 38 weeks and beyond. They will only induce labor as early as 38 weeks and only for a very good reason, MIL dieing is not one.

If she does do it she can have VBAC's (Vaginal birth after c-section), if the cut is horazontal and not vertical. I had 4 vbac's.

The recovery from a c-section is far more painful and far longer, thus the reason they give 8 wks perternity vs the normal 6 wks.

Do they even allow the doctors to do that over there?
Re: Her Husband Is Forcing Her To Have A Caesarian Section! by Outstrip(f): 6:08am On May 12, 2009
Has anyone sat her husband down and explained what a c-section is? It is surgery. It can kill. Just because it is done more now does not mean it is not a serious thing. This is not just about this baby. There is risk of blood clots, the mortality rate of babies and mothers double with c-sections and lets not forget higher risk of blood infections. They should be sure that they will be willing to live with any consequences. If anything happens to that child, his marriage will be over, the mother will be dead anyway and so could the baby.

(1) (Reply)

Parents Offers Their Child Snake,since They Are Poor To Buy Her Toys(photos) / Which Month Baby Are You? / A 5year Old Girl With An Outstanding bosom(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.