Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup (3260 Views)

Arsenal To Sign Nwakali Chukwueze Nigeria Under 17 Starlets / FIFA U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Croatia 1 - 2 (Live) / FIFA U-17 World Cup: Chile 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:25am On Nov 02, 2015
We need to stop deceiving ourselves. Most of the players we are using for the world cup are over the age of 17. Our leading scorer might be in his mide twenties (25-26). These players may fizzle out in the next few years and be in oblivion.
This is why football is not developing in Nigeria. We need to be honest with ourselves
Besides, after the world cup we will not even monitor them and get them good clubs. Most of them fall into the hands of football agents
who cheat them and exploit them. They will now start playing in places like vietnam and norway.
We need to start developing football

1. Use players that are of the correct age in youth competitions
2. Monitor our talented youths and attach them with honest agents who will give them good clubs
Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by ajasbaba(m): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2015
as long as FIFA fail to detect it with all their machine and Age scanner.

then we are 17 my brother.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by ValerianSteel(m): 11:30am On Nov 02, 2015
The current under-17 team appears to be very young physically,they don't look older than 17,but I wouldn't vouch for their morphology cause it could be otherwise since many are known for big looking their age.

In as much as the MRI doesn't detect,nothing can be done.It is left with the Nigerian football body to stop parading old players for junior tournaments.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by BreezyCB(m): 11:36am On Nov 02, 2015
Since 1930
Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by olapluto(m): 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2015
As a scientist, I disagree with you. The players all passed the MRI scan. This scan can not be biased especially to black players. If you look at the French and English teams, they field players that are black and have nearly similar physical build like our players.
Also, I read a few papers on the MRI scan and it looked pretty comprehensive. Before FIFA adapted it, they tested it on a range of individuals of various types and sizes, and realised that ONLY people under 17 have that bone missing.
Last night, the Brazilian players (e.g Captain Lincoln, and the silly one who fouled in 40 seconds) all look older than our players.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by solexybaba(m): 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2015
Op don't kno wot he is talking about,am sure,dats not d reason 4 d trashing of deir opponent, de r gud, take it 2 d bank.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nigeria don spoil OP ticket... come ea dey say rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2015
Philosopher1979:
We need to stop deceiving ourselves. Most of the players we are using for the world cup are over the age of 17. Our leading scorer might be in his mide twenties (25-26). These players may fizzle out in the next few years and be in oblivion.
This is why football is not developing in Nigeria. We need to be honest with ourselves
Besides, after the world cup we will not even monitor them and get them good clubs. Most of them fall into the hands of football agents
who cheat them and exploit them. They will now start playing in places like vietnam and norway.

2. Monitor our talented youths and attach them with honest agents who will give them good clubs

So because they are winning they are now over-aged. Op u are a disgrace to Nigerian Youths and the country at large. You see nothing good in ur identity. Go and report to FIFA that their MRI Scan was a fraud.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by HARDBUOI: 6:59pm On Nov 02, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Nigeria don spoil OP ticket... come ea dey say rubbish

grin grin grin grin grin grin
crazy boi
Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by successinlife: 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
Philosopher1979:

You have got no point here.I kniow the Pogba Family,paul, florentin and mathias.If you see these boys at 17 you will think they are 25years but because their ages was well documented nobody is raising eyebrows,i bet if Diego Costa is to be a Nigerian alot would have crucified him.I can't defend much Nigerian players because i don't know when they were born but to scale through the MRI scan is not easy,you can't be more than three years older.

Sincerely speaking this set looked the youngest i have seen of Nigerian U17 teams,i may be wrong but this is my own observation.The aspect of football agents cheating players in 2015 baffles me,gone are the days when that is possible.Funny you,you even rubished norway football, this is an european country i beg you,because they don't have strong and talented players does not make norway a rubished league.

How do you want to monitor a Nigerian youth that is struggling for survival?do you want to compare NFF to Norway football federation?in as much as i know Nigeria nobody cares about you except you are an asset or govternment can benefit from your talent,those boys struggled individually to get to where they are today,just like the young musicians,the government was and is not responsible for their talent and there is little or no contribution to the players welfare,hence to monitor the players would be impossible.

Let the boys be at least they reduce the number of delinquents and unemployed with no social welfare in the country.Instead of you to castigate the leaders/politicians syphoning the future of Nigerian youths,you are sabotaging the few that want to survive and help the course of their immediate family.Your outcry has got no basis,if those guys are not doing sport won't they add to the number of unemployed, criminals and cultist groups that scattered all over the country? Please blame the government and let those boys be.

Nigerians are always saying rubbish about anything of theirs,how many times do you hear other African countries write this sort of things in public forum?do you think it is only Nigerians that read this forum?please stop this sabotage because it can tarnish more the image of the country.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by ibson99(m): 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
This op is yarning rubbish, its like nairabet chop his money and he's now looking for who to blame, those boys don't look any older than their opponents stop hating another mans success so ur bet tickets can win
Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by edi287: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Of course we are. However, it isn't as rampant as before.
This is why I don't watch the u17 as much as u20s. Hopefully the day will come where we use the right players for these age grade competitions.
Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by watchindelta(m): 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2015
nawaho yeye thread. no wonder d whole world think say na we stupid passsss. yeye thread again

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
Philosopher1979:

You should be flogged.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by goingsolo: 12:36am On Nov 03, 2015
D op is either a fool for writing p.oo or his a pained ghanian
Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by Pinnacle(m): 1:33am On Nov 03, 2015
Rubbish thread

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by Brezzybone(m): 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2015
Senseless thread! Op shame dy catch me for you! Walahi!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
The Op is a pained banku monk. A red blooded Nigerian will never stoop this low.
Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by xest(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
Mr man,havnt u seen a typical n natural 27 yrs old Nigerian? A 17 yrs old cannot play at such level broda, d kind of food n environment we find ourselves is a major factor bro. So stop castigating dem, i dnt think u knw d eaglets wen dey use premier league players to go for tournaments. Now is not so,a graduate and one who is 28-30 cannot b allowed ok. I was supposed to play wit ds team but am a graduate as well 30. So bro naija is improving in terms of age nw.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Using Over Aged Players For The Under-17 World Cup by Iwant2know: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
Bastards... If any of the said players is your relative u won't come here and be typing rubbish. Sadist.

(1) (Reply)

Sure 4 To 10 Odds Daily...... All For FREE / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Shows Off Her Bum At Gym (Photos) / Nigeria Football Quiz 3(Xmas Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.