Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Punctuality In Salat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Punctuality In Salat (10602 Views)

Bidha Done In Salat By Shia\shite - / Muslim Divers Observing Salat(prayer) Under The Sea / Straightening Rows And Standing Shoulders To Shoulders, Feet To Feet In Salat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Punctuality In Salat by kolomax(m): 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
Salam alaekum brothers may the peace and blessing of almighty Allah be upon the noble prophet Mohammed and his companions (amin)
Please I need you to lecture me on the above topic thanks

1 Like

Re: Punctuality In Salat by Empiree: 2:54am On Nov 03, 2015
kolomax:
Salam alaekum brothers may the peace and blessing of almighty Allah be upon the noble prophet Mohammed and his companions (amin)
Please I need you to lecture me on the above topic thanks
lanrexlan, AlBaqir, Demmzy15 Lexiconkabir Kazlaw2000
Re: Punctuality In Salat by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 03, 2015
@kolomax

[b]Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah,

Fistly, Allah(s.w.t) says in suratudh-dhariyat verse 56:

"And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me."

This implies that our primary assignment here on earth is to worship Allah(s.w.t), salat is the SECOND PILLAR of Islam, it comes after the "Shahadah", this shows how important salat is in the life of a Muslim, salat is the key to paradise, if your salat is well established, you have nothing to fear on the "d-day", it is related in many Ahadith that the main difference between a Muslim and kafir is his salat.

Jabir bin Abdullah says: I heard the Messenger of Allah(SallAllah-u-Alaihi-wa-Sallam) saying this: The difference between a man (Muslim) and shirk and kufr is the abandoning of salat. (Sahih Muslim: Kitab ul Iman: Book 001, Number 0147)

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllah-u-Alaihi-wa-Sallam) said: The difference between us and them (Kuffar/Non Muslims) is that of salat so whoever abandons salat certainly commits kufr. (Tirmidhi, kitab ul Iman, Declared Sahih by Imam Tirmidhi, Imam Nasai and Allama Iraqi, Minhaaj ul Muslimeen pg.80)

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllah-u-Alaihi-wa-Sallam) said: The difference between a slave (Muslim) and shirk is the abandoning of salat. When he leaves salat, he commits shirk. (Ibn Maja, Sahih Jami ul Sagheer part 2 pg 95, Sanad: Sahih, Minhaaj ul Muslimeen pg. 80)

From the above ahadith it is clear that leaving of salat is kufr and shirk, it should be known that:

Allah(s.w.t) says: "if they (Kuffar) repent and establish salat and give zakaah, then they are your brothers in religion. (Surah Taubah, verse 11)

^^ Implying that you are seen as a kafir if you don't establish you salat well, a kafir is seen as a Muslim when his SALAT is well established.

having said this, SALAT is very important, you should strive hard to be punctual in something(SALAT) this important, just as how you will be punctual when writing your JAMB examination(because of it importance).

Allah(s.w.t) says:

"Maintain with care the (obligatory) payers and (in particular) the middle prayer and stand before Allah, devoutly obedient." (Al-Baqarah 2:238)

being punctual is by practice, practice makes perfect. the only way you could be punctual in SALAT is striving hard to pray in congregation, that way you will always be on time, if you are of the habit of praying alone you will be offering SALAT late because you will be lazy, and yes! reduce your intake of food, it sounds funny but that's the truth, food gets one lazy, it is related in many ahadith that the prophet encouraged eating less as food brings about laziness, when you are lazy, acts of worship becomes difficult.

The below link has some helpful advice on how to be punctual in saying salat.

click ADVICE ON HOW TO BE PUNTUAL IN SALAT.

I hope that helps,

WALLAHU'ALAM,

Salam![/b]

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Punctuality In Salat by kolomax(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2015
lexiconkabir:
@kolomax

[b]Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah,

Fistly, Allah(s.w.t) says in suratudh-dhariyat verse 56:

"And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me."

This implies that our primary assignment here on earth is to worship Allah(s.w.t), salat is the SECOND PILLAR of Islam, it comes after the "Shahadah", this shows how important salat is in the life of a Muslim, salat is the key to paradise, if your salat is well established, you have nothing to fear on the "d-day", it is related in many Ahadith that the main difference between a Muslim and kafir is his salat.

Jabir bin Abdullah says: I heard the Messenger of Allah(SallAllah-u-Alaihi-wa-Sallam) saying this: The difference between a man (Muslim) and shirk and kufr is the abandoning of salat. (Sahih Muslim: Kitab ul Iman: Book 001, Number 0147)

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllah-u-Alaihi-wa-Sallam) said: The difference between us and them (Kuffar/Non Muslims) is that of salat so whoever abandons salat certainly commits kufr. (Tirmidhi, kitab ul Iman, Declared Sahih by Imam Tirmidhi, Imam Nasai and Allama Iraqi, Minhaaj ul Muslimeen pg.80)

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllah-u-Alaihi-wa-Sallam) said: The difference between a slave (Muslim) and shirk is the abandoning of salat. When he leaves salat, he commits shirk. (Ibn Maja, Sahih Jami ul Sagheer part 2 pg 95, Sanad: Sahih, Minhaaj ul Muslimeen pg. 80)

From the above ahadith it is clear that leaving of salat is kufr and shirk, it should be known that:

Allah(s.w.t) says: "if they (Kuffar) repent and establish salat and give zakaah, then they are your brothers in religion. (Surah Taubah, verse 11)

^^ Implying that you are seen as a kafir if you don't establish you salat well, a kafir is seen as a Muslim when his SALAT is well established.

having said this, SALAT is very important, you should strive hard to be punctual in something(SALAT) this important, just as how you will be punctual when writing your JAMB examination(because of it importance).

Allah(s.w.t) says:

"Maintain with care the (obligatory) payers and (in particular) the middle prayer and stand before Allah, devoutly obedient." (Al-Baqarah 2:238)

being punctual is by practice, practice makes perfect. the only way you could be punctual in SALAT is striving hard to pray in congregation, that way you will always be on time, if you are of the habit of praying alone you will be offering SALAT late because you will be lazy, and yes! reduce your intake of food, it sounds funny but that's the truth, food gets one lazy, it is related in many ahadith that the prophet encouraged eating less as food brings about laziness, when you are lazy, acts of worship becomes difficult.

The below link has some helpful advice on how to be punctual in saying salat.

click ADVICE ON HOW TO BE PUNTUAL IN SALAT.

I hope that helps,

WALLAHU'ALAM,

Salam![/b]

May almighty Allah reward you abundantly

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punctuality In Salat by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
kolomax:
May almighty Allah reward you abundantly
Amin sir! smiley, there is room for any question out of what i wrote there, that isnt clear.

1 Like

Re: Punctuality In Salat by kolomax(m): 9:39am On Nov 06, 2015
lexiconkabir:
Amin sir! smiley, there is room for any question out of what i wrote there, that isnt clear.
salam alaekum brother am confuse about the verse here the one with double bracket "Maintain with care the (obligatory) payers and (in
particular) ((the middle prayer)) and stand before Allah,
devoutly obedient." (Al-Baqarah 2:238)
Re: Punctuality In Salat by Linkup518: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2015
E get y
Re: Punctuality In Salat by benedictnsi(m): 9:50am On Nov 06, 2015
Which kind useless FP material be this?

1 Like

Re: Punctuality In Salat by Harzan(m): 9:53am On Nov 06, 2015
Jazakalah khair!!!
Hmmmm,
May Allah make it easy for us all.

1 Like

Re: Punctuality In Salat by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 06, 2015
Jasaka Allahu Earhan.
Re: Punctuality In Salat by Sasuwa(f): 9:58am On Nov 06, 2015
Oh Allah make haram ugly and halam beautiful to us

3 Likes

Re: Punctuality In Salat by Mubby4luv(m): 9:59am On Nov 06, 2015
Alhamdulillah. Thank You
Re: Punctuality In Salat by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 06, 2015
SALAM TO YOU ALL... THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PERSON THAT ASKED QUESTION AND KABIR THAT ANSWER THE QUESTION MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH BLESS US HERE AND THEREAFTER... I AM A CONVERTED MUSLIM AND I FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO PRAY 5TIMES DAILY AND AM ALWAYS AFRAID because OF THE CONSEQUENCES... PLEASE I NEED YOUR PRAYERS FOR ALLAH TO MAKE ME STRONG IN ISLAM. MA'SALAM

9 Likes

Re: Punctuality In Salat by Ismahill(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2015
NYC INFO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punctuality In Salat by mmabubakar(m): 10:12am On Nov 06, 2015
Jaxakumullahu Khairaa for all ur contributions and Jumu'ah mubarak to u all

2 Likes

Re: Punctuality In Salat by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 06, 2015
kolomax:
salam alaekum brother am confuse about the verse here the one with double bracket "Maintain with care the (obligatory) payers and (in
particular) ((the middle prayer)) and stand before Allah,
devoutly obedient." (Al-Baqarah 2:238)
The explanation is well detailed [url=http://detailedquran.com/quran_data/Salaat%20in%20the%20Quran.htm]here[/url], therein you will click on middle prayers. salam!
Re: Punctuality In Salat by bapullow: 10:17am On Nov 06, 2015
Alhamdulillah thank.
Re: Punctuality In Salat by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2015
guest12345:
SALAM TO YOU ALL... THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PERSON THAT ASKED QUESTION AND KABIR THAT ANSWER THE QUESTION MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH BLESS US HERE AND THEREAFTER... I AM A CONVERTED MUSLIM AND I FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO PRAY 5TIMES DAILY AND AM ALWAYS AFRAID because OF THE CONSEQUENCES... PLEASE I NEED YOUR PRAYERS FOR ALLAH TO MAKE ME STRONG IN ISLAM. MA'SALAM
Wa alaykum salam warahramatullahi wa barakatuhu, i congratulate you, for you have been guided, about being strong in islam, let me ask you this, how often do you read the quran(atleast a translated one).

2 Likes

Re: Punctuality In Salat by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2015
benedictnsi:
Which kind useless FP material be this?
Yes! useless to you, but useful to muslims because today is friday. salam!

7 Likes

Re: Punctuality In Salat by 8kingz(m): 10:50am On Nov 06, 2015
guest12345:
Salam alaikum guest,my special congratulations on ur revertion back to islam,my Allah strengthen both of our faiths...among d greatest thing dat can make one strong in Islam is praying at the ryt tym,it is easy,just move close to pious Muslim and b very resolute on punctuality during salam and u will see dat other difficult things to do for u in Islam will become easy....jazakumullah kairan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punctuality In Salat by Ameedan: 11:13am On Nov 06, 2015
Sallamu alaekum. many brothers are guilty of this ( myself inclusive) may ALLAH make it easy for us.

1 Like

Re: Punctuality In Salat by noble4d(m): 11:31am On Nov 06, 2015
May Almighty Allah with his infinite mercy makes it easy for us. Amin

1 Like

Re: Punctuality In Salat by M17CXi: 11:38am On Nov 06, 2015
@OP, Nice Post.

Also the Brother/s that answered correctly.
Salam

1 Like

Re: Punctuality In Salat by M17CXi: 11:38am On Nov 06, 2015
@OP, Nice Post.

Also the Brother/s that answered correctly.
Salam
Re: Punctuality In Salat by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
Thank you for the advise, may Allah bless you. Ameen
8kingz:

Salam alaikum guest,my special congratulations on ur revertion back to islam,my Allah strengthen both of our faiths...among d greatest thing dat can make one strong in Islam is praying at the ryt tym,it is easy,just move close to pious Muslim and b very resolute on punctuality during salam and u will see dat other difficult things to do for u in Islam will become easy....jazakumullah kairan
Re: Punctuality In Salat by chakula: 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
Ma sha Allah.

1 Like

Re: Punctuality In Salat by HrmOlolade(m): 8:21am On Nov 07, 2015
Please what is kufr
Re: Punctuality In Salat by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 07, 2015
HrmOlolade:
Please what is kufr
an arabic word for disbelieve.

2 Likes

Re: Punctuality In Salat by HrmOlolade(m): 10:16am On Nov 07, 2015
lexiconkabir:
an arabic word for disbelieve.
jazakah lahu khairan

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Disrespecting The Graves / Kato Tijjani Da Kato Inyass ! / Abuse Of Women And Children: What Says Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.