Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Corporal Punishment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Corporal Punishment (925 Views)

What Is The Most Annoying Punishment A Man Thinks He Can Give His Wife? / Does This Little Boy Deserve This Punishment? (photo) / What Is The Hardest Corporal Punishment You 've Served? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corporal Punishment by hollyhines(f): 9:17am On Nov 03, 2015
What is your opinion on flogging a 17 year old girl. Should it ever be done and if it should why and how?
Re: Corporal Punishment by kadas01(m): 9:35am On Nov 03, 2015
If I may ask, what is her offence?

To be honest, I'm advocating that a girl of such age should not be flogged because the "flogging" could result in "scars" on her body; and that alone could chase away "potential suitors" in future!

It is not nice flogging a girl of that age!
Re: Corporal Punishment by hollyhines(f): 9:45am On Nov 03, 2015
kadas01:

To be honest, I'm advocating that a girl of such age should not be flogged because the "flogging" could result in "scars" on her body; and that alone could chase away "potential suitors" in future!

I am asking generally. The flogging could be done so it didn't leave permanent marks. Her offense was fornication-- she's the daughter of a friend of ours-- strict parents and they flogged her for it. But if it was for other reasons lying stealing etc.
Re: Corporal Punishment by hollyhines(f): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2015
kadas01:

Should a girl of any age be flogged? How old is too old to flog?
Re: Corporal Punishment by kadas01(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2015
hollyhines:

Should a girl of any age be flogged? How old is too old to flog?
Flogging of a child (boy/girl) should be "discretional"! But for a girl already "maturing", I do not "subscribe" to such idea!
Re: Corporal Punishment by hollyhines(f): 9:59am On Nov 03, 2015
kadas01:
Flogging of a child (boy/girl) should be "discretional"! But for a girl already "maturing", I do not "subscribe" to such idea!

she'd be starting to mature around 11 or 12 wouldn't she? I would be very reluctant to flog a girl of 17 but if was something which had to be done...
Re: Corporal Punishment by itstpia8: 1:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
Reading comments.
Re: Corporal Punishment by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 04, 2015
hollyhines:

I am asking generally. The flogging could be done so it didn't leave permanent marks. Her offense was fornication-- she's the daughter of a friend of ours-- strict parents and they flogged her for it. But if it was for other reasons lying stealing etc.
Her offence was fornication, then what she needs is a thorough sex education.
Re: Corporal Punishment by Pidggin(f): 6:32am On Nov 04, 2015
Being a product of a military school, I see nothing wrong with it. No one asked us our ages when we were being flogged at school. I am pro corporal punishment regardless of whether it is done at home or school. The parents should also verbally correct her in addition
Re: Corporal Punishment by hollyhines(f): 7:28am On Nov 04, 2015
Pidggin:
Being a product of a military school, I see nothing wrong with it. No one asked us our ages when we were being flogged at school. I am pro corporal punishment regardless of whether it is done at home or school. The parents should also verbally correct her in addition

Did you get flogged when you were 17? On your back or hands? Would you do it this way. tell her she is to be punished for fornication that she is to be flogged and to get herself ready for correction --however that is suppose to be done-- lay the lashes on -- let her cry for a few minutes then come back remind her why she was punished then teach her about what she needs to know. Sound about right.
Re: Corporal Punishment by DrownedFish: 9:03am On Nov 04, 2015
hollyhines:
What is your opinion on flogging a 17 year old girl. Should it ever be done and if it should why and how?
I think flogging a 17 year old gal is wrong, I've got my younger ones who are with me and I use to talk to them and scold them when they cross the line. I even ground them when the offence is weighty.
I can't lift my hands against them because I don't want to be a lady beater.

(1) (Reply)

See How Long This Couples Have Been Together / Beat The Heat With Rechargable Fans!!! / The Family That Got Sextuplets 6yrs Ago Just Recreated The Picture - Wonderful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.