Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Activision Buys ‘candy Crush Saga’ For $5.9 Billion - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Activision Buys ‘candy Crush Saga’ For $5.9 Billion (1383 Views)

Who Has Gotten To The End Of Candy Crush Saga / For Candy Crush (saga) Lovers / Call Of Duty WW2 Confirmed By Activision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Activision Buys ‘candy Crush Saga’ For $5.9 Billion by 36posts: 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2015

Activision Blizzard, which built an empire on video games for consoles and PCs, is buying the maker of the addictive Candy Crush Saga, one of the most popular titles for mobile devices.

Activision, who are traditionally game makers for consoles with titles like Call Of Duty and Destiny, will be making their first big step into the mobile market with this.

The buyout will be completed by Spring of 2016, and a statement on the deal reads:

“Activision Blizzard believes that the addition of King’s highly-complementary business will position Activision Blizzard as a global leader in interactive entertainment across mobile, console and PC platforms, and positions the company for future growth.”

“The combined revenues and profits solidify our position as the largest, most profitable standalone company in interactive entertainment,” said Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick.

“With a combined global network of more than half a billion monthly active users, our potential to reach audiences around the world on the device of their choosing enables us to deliver great games to even bigger audiences than ever before.”

http://36posts.com/2015/11/activision-buys-candy-crush-saga-for-5-9-billion/
Re: Activision Buys ‘candy Crush Saga’ For $5.9 Billion by braine(m): 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
I doubt if that s,tupid game is worth that much.
Re: Activision Buys ‘candy Crush Saga’ For $5.9 Billion by 36posts: 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
braine:
I doubt if that s,tupid game is worth that much.

Dont call it stupid game bro
Re: Activision Buys ‘candy Crush Saga’ For $5.9 Billion by iPopAlomo(m): 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2015
Inventor of Candy Crush just sold his company for 6 billion dollars... Video games are for kids, my parents said. Get a real job, they said....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Activision Buys ‘candy Crush Saga’ For $5.9 Billion by HyDef(m): 12:29am On Nov 04, 2015
Activision Blizzard bought King for $5.9b. Not a single game. King has quite an array of puzzle games, however Candy Crush is the most well known... Kind of staggering though.

That's more than what AMD is said to be worth.

2 Likes

Re: Activision Buys ‘candy Crush Saga’ For $5.9 Billion by blowjanet: 10:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
i doubt the authencity of this news, Activisions net worth is not up to 6Bill so they cant buy a game for that price.
Re: Activision Buys ‘candy Crush Saga’ For $5.9 Billion by HyDef(m): 12:14am On Nov 26, 2015
blowjanet:
i doubt the authencity of this news, Activisions net worth is not up to 6Bill so they cant buy a game for that price.

Yes they are. $19 billion. That's Activision Blizzard by the way.

Probably going to be paying some of that in stock possibly.
Re: Activision Buys ‘candy Crush Saga’ For $5.9 Billion by blowjanet: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2015
ok makes sense then. thanks for the clarification
HyDef:

Yes they are. $19 billion. That's Activision Blizzard by the way.

Probably going to be paying some of that in stock possibly.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Fifa Interactive Player Of The Year. / Where Can I Get Gta Iv San Andreas Pc Game In Owerri Imo State. / Where Can I Download Data For Pes 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.