Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:01 PM

Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. (1146 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi-adichie Celebrates Her 38th Birthday Today / Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chinua Achebe And Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. by goodiz(m): 2:56pm On May 11, 2009
please i need your sincere opinion on this, do not be biased, do not look on the persons or their personalities but on the books. if you are a judge in a writing competition in which the writers have been instructed to write on any topic, which work will you give the award: Things Fall Apart or Half of A Yellow Sun?
Re: Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. by Chinwenita: 4:13pm On May 11, 2009
Goodiz, without reservation, I thought of your question for two minutes. No doubt, both are very good, elaborate naratives. These are novels I read and in my imaginations, I watch the characters like a movie. Though, I will give it to Achebe's Things Fall Apart. This is because I think it is easier to to create a novel out of the civil war than the coming of the 'whitemen'. Remember there are novels with accounts of the civil war that preceeded the Half of a Yellow Sun: Alexander Maduebo has an account, Flora Nwapa etc. Am not saying Chimamanda copied from them but at least she consulted some of these books. Achebe's Things Fall Apart was almost of its kind that first came to be in this country and it stands the test of time.
Re: Chinua Achebe And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. by rotimy(m): 2:55pm On May 12, 2009
Orange and apple! Achebe is the apple of course!

(1) (Reply)

My Adventure In Mysteria Lane (New) / 7 Thing I Don’t – And May Never- Understand / Top 10 Bill Gates Suggested Books For You To Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.