Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

CHILDHOOD BLUES - A real life story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / CHILDHOOD BLUES - A real life story (1114 Views)

Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Red Night (true Life Story) / TORN (based On A True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHILDHOOD BLUES - A real life story by Techhead(m): 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hello literature section
So I've decided to try out my writing skills.
My first ever written work. I'll be posting complete stories here in phases.
Criticisms are allowed.
Thanks as you follow.

PART ONE
It all began on a Monday morning. This young lady stepped into the class, and being my sensitive self, my deep-set eyes lit up at the beholdening of such resplendency. She was beaming from head to toe, a true epitome of beauty. She gave a true picture of my dream girl. Love at first sight i thought.

Ada was a 'born with a silver spoon' type of girl whose height, fair complexion were natural endowments. For her, she was a sensitive chic fully aware of her surroundings and had a knack for always having her way. Her good looks, charm very much camouflage d the fact that she smoked, drank with reckless abandon and indulged in every nefarious activity one could ever imagine.

I was still basking in the euphoria of what my eyes beheld with my mouth agape when i felt a daze from behind. It was the teacher who'd been calling my name from behind. 'Oga Jude, could you please give the class an example of consonant clusters?' Being fully confident of the topic in question, i replied ; 'PRICK ma.'

My misery was about to be compounded as the whole class burst into laughter as i stood wondering how best was i to explain my point. I mean, to me it meant to pierce something with a sharp point and to the class maybe the informal meaning of the word, LOL.

To be continued......

More at lawsonferanmi..com

Kindly leave your comments please.

© 2016 Lawson Feranmi All Rights Reserved
Re: CHILDHOOD BLUES - A real life story by girlhaley(f): 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
Following

2 Likes

Re: CHILDHOOD BLUES - A real life story by Techhead(m): 12:25am On Jan 19, 2016
I sincerely apologize for the delay in follow up of the story. Its been due to my busy schedule. Thanks

CONCLUSION OF PART 1
'I'll deal with you, the english teacher announced with her igbo intonation. 'You are trying to make fun, you bloody badger', she said again. It was then it dawned on me that I'd overstepped my 'vocabulary allowance boundary', or did it mean Mrs. Obiora couldnt comprehend what i meant, 'what a dull lady', i said to myself. I finally decided to face my demons.

As i made to walk to the front of the class to serve my unjustified punishment, hearing little chants here and there, Mrs. Obiora red-eyed already. 'Oh how i wish the ground could open up right now.'
Being a military school, i was made to clear portions of grass for the rest of the day. I cursed under my breath as i swung the cutlass back and forth, since bush clearing was never my thing in the first place, I'll just do this haphazardly i thought to myself. Then i saw something unimaginable...

To be continued....
Watch out for PART 2 tommorow by 11a.m
Kindly comment, like if youre following.
Thanks.

More at www.lawsonferanmi..com.ng
CC : girlhaley
Re: CHILDHOOD BLUES - A real life story by girlhaley(f): 7:36am On Jan 19, 2016
Waiting for more here

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Poem / Sold Out / Comic Night With Me and My Mummy-(part One) By Mr Rational

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.