Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Ways In Which Christianity Inoculates It's Self Against Reason And Logic. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ways In Which Christianity Inoculates It's Self Against Reason And Logic. (629 Views)

How a Christian should debate an atheist using science and logic / Faith,belief,reason And Truth. / Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ways In Which Christianity Inoculates It's Self Against Reason And Logic. by dalaman: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2015
I got this from another place but will share it here.

Here are a list and examples of tactics that the Bible employs to protect itself against logic and constructive criticism.

Matthew 10:22 - And all nations will hate you because you are my followers. But everyone who endures to the end will be saved.

Translation - When people think you're offending them with your spurious claims, or if people question your beliefs or general morality, or your right to stick you nose in their business when it is non of yours, or when people question your sense of feeling of moral superiority, good job, you're doing it right. If you find that nobody outside your small circle of believers likes you because of your obnoxious ways, keep up the good work and hold fast to your delusions. If anyone tries to convince you with logic and sound arguments that you're wrong or saying things that don't agree with reality, DON'T LISTEN! Endure until the end.

John 20:29 - Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Translation - Poor doubting Thomas. You used a healthy skeptical mind and deductive reasoning to try to avoid being scammed. Shame on you. Blessed are those who believe stuff without any proof. If you believe really hard, that's a good quality. You don't need any evidence or proof , just believe and keep repeating what you believe without any evidence. The less proof there is, the more you should do mental gymnastics to believe and stick to it.

Deuteronomy 6:16 says
"You shall not put the LORD your God to the test, as you tested Him at Massah"

Also referred to by Jesus when he's rappin' with Satan in both Matthew 4:7 and Luke 4:12

Translation - When you are being asked for any type of objective proof/evidence for the endless claims you make all the time, the pat answer is "nope, don't test God, cause he said not to. So, sorry, no proof."

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).

Translation - Fulfill the law, but not abolish it, seems to mean."Take the stuff that you like from the Old Testament, and keep it. Take the stuff that you don't like from the Old Testament, and say it's been fulfilled and throw it out as no longer applicable."

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Translation - If you don't believe what I believe then you are a fool. It's literally a recipe to call anyone arguing with you a fool, without winning the argument, and just walk away.

2 Tim 3:6 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Translation - Bible proves bible. You can't argue with that.

Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Translation- Don't worry if you don't get it, whatever 'it' is, you'll get into heaven anyway. The bible is always right and true, even when it says things that are clearly not right and obviously not true. If anything in the bible does not match up to reality, you simply grab the "spiritual" get out of jail free card.

(1) (Reply)

That One Cannot Read a 'literal Quaran' Well, Is The Curtail Used To Blind Many / How Woman Delivered Live Turtle And Vomitted Padlock In Lagos [PICS] / Bible Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.