Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? (1439 Views)

Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK / Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants / Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? by ejikeokei(m): 5:07am On Nov 04, 2015
There are lot of contention amoung so many nigerians concerning the nature of the USA & UK. Some people believe the UK is better while others believe that USA is more better. Some people believe that the USA is a land of oportunity while others believe that the UK has more betther opportunity than the USA. Kindly send in Your post to nairalander in order to educate us more concerning this two Giant of the world known as USA & UK.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? by Kingy10: 9:08am On Nov 04, 2015
USA all the way ...
Re: Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? by lindaayim(f): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2015
ejikeokei:
There are lot of contention amoung so many nigerians concerning the nature of the USA & UK. Some people believe the UK is better while others believe that USA is more better. Some people believe that the USA is a land of oportunity while others believe that the UK has more betther opportunity than the USA. Kindly send in Your post to nairalander in order to educate us more concerning this two Giant of the world known as USA & UK.
usa i believe is better...land of great opportunities
Re: Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? by davvic: 9:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
Uk is far better than USA. Even d issue of gun possesion is enough to run for dt USA.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? by optimusprime2(m): 7:23am On Nov 06, 2015
None!

1 Like

Re: Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? by iykbethany(m): 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
There is no need for comparison in the first place, both countries have their advantages and disadvantages. It all boils down to choice and other personal factors.

I love the USA as the land of opportunities, but the UK on the other hand has some edge in some areas too.

From what I know, jobs in the USA pay higher

Tax and VAT is better in USA than UK.

In the UK healthcare and many other things are 100% free. For example, my father inlaw had open heart surgery 100% free.

Because of free healthcare I would prefer UK. And again the UK is better in terms of security, the gun violence in USA is scary.

For me Canada wins it eventhough CA was not included. Free medicare, better security than UK/USA etc.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? by TheCongo2: 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
iykbethany:
There is no need for comparison in the first place, both countries have their advantages and disadvantages. It all boils down to choice and other personal factors.

I love the USA as the land of opportunities, but the UK on the other hand has some edge in some areas too.

From what I know, jobs in the USA pay higher

Tax and VAT is better in USA than UK.

In the UK healthcare and many other things are 100% free. For example, my father inlaw had open heart surgery 100% free.

Because of free healthcare I would prefer UK. And again the UK is better in terms of security, the gun violence in USA is scary.

For me Canada wins it eventhough CA was not included. Free medicare, better security than UK/USA etc.

Free Medicare in Canada !!!! My friend, someone may think that the medicare care in Canada is a bed of roses. Far be it.

Please be advised that the Health care you get for free in Canada is only the basic that does not include coverage of any prescription medication nor any cost of the dentist neither the eye care. You are on your own if your doctor have prescribed you a $15 per day drug that you have to take for a length of 6 months. You are on your own if you have issue with your teeth or your eyes.

Given these facts, most of us need to buy addition health insurance from private company. In addition to that, the most visible manifestation of Canada’s failing health care system are wait times for health care services. Have you ever been to an emergency room at any Canadian Hospital?

You indicated that your father in law had open heart surgery 100% free in the UK. I am not sure if this could be free in Canada.
All I know is that some Canadians travel to Cuba for low cost surgeries not covered by the Canadian Universal healthcare or Medicare
Re: Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? by Lucasbalo(m): 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2015
TheCongo2:

Free Medicare in Canada !!!! My friend, someone may think that the medicare care in Canada is a bed of roses. Far be it.

Please be advised that the Health care you get for free in Canada is only the basic that does not include coverage of any prescription medication nor any cost of the dentist neither the eye care. You are on your own if your doctor have prescribed you a $15 per day drug that you have to take for a length of 6 months. You are on your own if you have issue with your teeth or your eyes.

Given these facts, most of us need to buy addition health insurance from private company. In addition to that, the most visible manifestation of Canada’s failing health care system are wait times for health care services. Have you ever been to an emergency room at any Canadian Hospital?

You indicated that your father in law had open heart surgery 100% free in the UK. I am not sure if this could be free in Canada.
All I know is that some Canadians travel to Cuba for low cost surgeries not covered by the Canadian Universal healthcare or Medicare

You are spot on. Even though there is no free healthcare in US despite obama fighting for it, we still have Obamacare. American hospitals would not reject someone brought to hospital for not having money because Medicaide will pay for that. I know of one elderly man that came to visit his daughter and he was rushed to the hospital. Guess what, he had Heart bypass surgery and it was paid for by Medicaid. America would not let you die on the street for not having money. By the way, i believe america has the best healthcare in the world.
Re: Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? by iykbethany(m): 11:14am On Nov 08, 2015
TheCongo2:

Chai you see I didn't know about these things since I don't live in Canada. Thanks for clarifying. I used to think its all rosy in Canada because of the way people talk about it. Well the UK is better then, because I know so many people who are on medication for heart, diabetes and diff ailments for over 10 years and everything is free. The UK healthcare is in crisis too bc the number of people with diabetes is alarming, the amount they spend just to take care of diabetes patients alone is enough to feed many African countries for whole year.
Re: Which Country Do You Prefere To Imigrate To USA Or UK? by aspirebig: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
It all depends on the individual and what the person want.

Some like Uk, others USA.

No society / country is 100% good.

People will always have a choice in everything, over others.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ada One Of The Victims Of The Horrific Umuahia-okigwe Accident Has Passed On. / Nigerian Children Cry Profusely After Losing Their Mother Enroute Europe. Photos / Graphic Photos From A Horrific Bike Accident On Ikorodu Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.