Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

I Don't Care If Messi Wins Ballon D'or-ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Don't Care If Messi Wins Ballon D'or-ronaldo (486 Views)

"I Want Seven Children And Seven Ballon D'or"-ronaldo / 2016 Ballon D'or: Ronaldo Claims Fourth Trophy / 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Care If Messi Wins Ballon D'or-ronaldo by onlykay(m): 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo insists he would not care if Lionel Messi pips him to the 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or.
Related Stories

Messi and Ronaldo have won the last seven editions of the prestigious individual award between them, the Barcelona talisman claiming the trophy on four occasions and the Portugal international three times.

Ronaldo has emerged victorious in the last two years, but Messi is widely regarded as the favourite to win the award this time around after guiding Barca to the treble in 2014-15.

Nevertheless, Ronaldo has stressed that it would not upset him if he has to settle for second place.

"I don't care if Messi wins the Ballon d'Or. I know that it is not in my hands whether I win this award or not. It all depends on others," Ronaldo told Kicker.

"I have always remained the same over the past eight years of my career. I have always played at a very high level. Name me one other player in the history of the game who has done the same.

"It all depends on small details who wins individual awards and who wins the league or Champions League. I am happy and proud of my career so far. Some people think Messi is the best, others think it's [Andres] Iniesta. I respect other people's opinions.

"But I think I am the best. Everybody should ask himself why you would not want to be the best at what you do. I think this attitude is one of the reasons why I have improved so much throughout my career and why I have achieved so much.

"He who wins the Ballon d’Or deserves all the respect."

The winner of the award will be announced at the FIFA Ballon d'Or gala at the Zurich Kongresshaus on January 11, 2016.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ronaldo-dont-care-messi-wins-154059115.html
Re: I Don't Care If Messi Wins Ballon D'or-ronaldo by Kposkila: 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
No beef Messi, you go win!
Re: I Don't Care If Messi Wins Ballon D'or-ronaldo by McCarlito(m): 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
One day Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Mess I will retire and nomalcy will return to football.
Records will then stay for years and not get broken every week.
Hat-tricks will again become the highlight of a player's season, not an expectation every match.
A half century of goals in a single season will be something to tell ur grandchildren about, not just another seasonal target to be met.
The Ballon d'Or will become a FIFA prize again rather than the personal property of two men.
Until that day; let's stop comparing and enjoy them while it lasts..
McCarlito

1 Like

Re: I Don't Care If Messi Wins Ballon D'or-ronaldo by Nziwujo(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
Stop hating on him Ronaldo is his this time around
Re: I Don't Care If Messi Wins Ballon D'or-ronaldo by Chanchit: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
When you won it twice consecutively, Messi didn't give any silly comments, now you know winning it is impossible, you re now yawning in Portuguese, abeg park well jor.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Care If Messi Wins Ballon D'or-ronaldo by shogosco: 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
say NO to gamble

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Speaks With Eaglets To Boost Their Confidence / Neymar's Wonders: Barcelona Vs Villarreal / Ronaldo: Messi Will Win The Ballon D’or This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.