Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. (61565 Views)

A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering / Labor cost Of Plastering 3 Bedroom House / Material And Cost Of Plastering 100' X 50' Fence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by chitown(m): 4:35am On May 12, 2009
nairalanders,
                 I have just received an estimate for plastering a 4 flat units.each unit consist of 3bedrooms and 2 baths each.my builder gave me an estimate of 190,000 naira for the external plastering and 590,000 naira for internal plastering.one of the flat has a decorative ceiling already,no plastering needed on that flat.Am not based in Naija.I need advise from builders,architects and ordinary people who has just done same.he is also asking to buy about 320bags of cement.The property is located in Lagos-Egbeda area.Thanks a lot to all.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by sarmy(m): 11:09am On May 12, 2009
Does this include the floor, bathroom tiles or just the walls in/out?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by DIPUU2LIFE(m): 4:34pm On May 12, 2009
chitown,
the best way to do business with subcontractors on site is to quantify the job and then attach a rate to it. that way you can control the variation in the contract sum if you add or reduce the quantity of work he has to do for you since there is already an agreed rate you pay.

you don't necessarily have to get a quantity surveyour to do the job. someone with good skills and central intel can do a good job of getting you an estimate of the quantity of work to be done. you can even try to do it directly from your drawings. lengths in meters multiplied by heights in meters would give you the square meters which is what you need. you do them room by room etc and add them all up.

As per plastering, the least good rate to pay masons directly is 250/m2 for neat plastering. for sweeter plastering you may need to pay more, may be up to N450 for experts with less supervision. this is excluding materials and scaffolding where necessary. do the maths yourself and then you will need to add a lumpsum of money for your engineer because you cant just comprehend the kind of errors you will get from masons without supervision by and engineer.  if you don't have an engineer to supervise the construction you may end up hating your own house. i know someone that does not live in his house because of the outlook. rather than making corrections on the house he decided to build another one.

i hope you now have a yardstick to measure with as per plastering.

D'W Engineering Services
dipuu2life@yahoo.com

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by ajileko: 5:27pm On May 12, 2009
Good point, chitown.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by chitown(m): 3:34am On May 14, 2009
To All,
Any estimate please.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by ajileko: 7:04pm On May 14, 2009
I'm not sure how he came up with that estimate but there should a quantitative way of doing this. Have him break it down by per sqm or per sqf or per room for the inside job. I don't like this rough estimate/guess work mentality. He must be able to quantify and estimate his work. Also on the materials being used.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by DIPUU2LIFE(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2009
chitown,
you still dont get the point. The way contractors work is to take their intended profit from the mobilization, then start the work with whats left. as soon as the money finishes they demand for another one so they dont loose. you may find out that you agree on a price and you pay them installmentally and still they dont complete the job. then you'll have no option than to pay more because there is no basis for relating the work done to the money he has collected.
you really need to get some quantities or tell him to break it down for you as ajileko has said. Except you dont have arhi or structural drawings for the house you are building and that will be funny.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by chitown(m): 5:54am On May 27, 2009
thanks for the reply.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by Nobody: 6:39am On May 27, 2009
I you send a scan copy of the floor plan of your archi drawings, I will give you a realistic estimate.
FOR FREE
My email is below
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by Jumyg: 1:25pm On May 27, 2009
Hi

My 2 bed 2 unit BQ cost 350K for external, internal and ceiling. The initial cost from my builder was 450 and i haggle the price down to 350K ( labour only excluding materials).

For the 3 bed 4units in front which i am starting soon is 550K for all plastering work. If you like his work you can haggle for 600k, which i think is reasonable.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by ajileko: 8:04pm On May 27, 2009
@design5
Are you a builder?
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by dragon6006: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2010
can anyone help ? what is the cost of ceiling a 4 flat ( 2 Units up and 2 units downstairs. Each unit is a standard 3 bed flat) storey building using PVC. thanks guys
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by babamoha(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2010
@dragon6006 it depends on the surface area of you house,
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by babamoha(m): 10:41am On Aug 01, 2010
@chitown the estimate for cement is okay bt that his workmanship is too high the max for every should not exceed #500k .bt mind you try to fix your window before plastering.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by dragon6006: 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2010
thanks babamoha , will get the surface area soon
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by babamoha(m): 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
@dragon6006 you can call me on 08053245542.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by dplordx(m): 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2010
Good post

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by globalfnl(m): 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
We can help u do all the job once u contract us. Call me on 07039479213
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by agbademo(m): 11:03am On Oct 12, 2014
Please can someone tell me the cost of plastering a building per m2.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by uwemjack(m): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
agbademo:
Please can someone tell me the cost of plastering a building per m2.
depends on the location and quality, it ranges from 350 to 500
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by danowena: 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
It cost me 2.4million to plaster 8 flats of 3 bedrooms using gauging method. I feel I was ripped but some people told me it was okay. And this is workmanship only. angry
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by Unibenfucker(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2016
danowena:
It cost me 2.4million to plaster 8 flats of 3 bedrooms using gauging method. I feel I was ripped but some people told me it was okay. And this is workmanship only. angry
Was it for everything both internal and external and is workmanship inclusive
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by danowena: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
Unibenfucker:

Was it for everything both internal and external and is workmanship inclusive

Oga, this is just workmanship o o....and it is for both internal, external, security house and fence.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by twinskenny(m): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2016
chitown:
nairalanders,
                 I have just received an estimate for plastering a 4 flat units.each unit consist of 3bedrooms and 2 baths each.my builder gave me an estimate of 190,000 naira for the external plastering and 590,000 naira for internal plastering.one of the flat has a decorative ceiling already,no plastering needed on that flat.Am not based in Naija.I need advise from builders,architects and ordinary people who has just done same.he is also asking to buy about 320bags of cement.The property is located in Lagos-Egbeda area.Thanks a lot to all.

I did my three bedroom all ensuite including floor and outside wall for 200k. Excluding my materials those guys are from ibadan. Super neat job from them

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by twinskenny(m): 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
danowena:

E plenty o

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by danowena: 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
twinskenny:

E plenty o

My Oga, I tire o o...the annoying thing was that all the good Cotonou/Togo plasterers I saw their works gave similar quotations. I began wondering if they had an association or universal rate. I was told the so called gauging price is different from just plastering price. The cheapest quotation I saw back then was 2.1 million.
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by twinskenny(m): 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
danowena:

My Oga, I tire o o...the annoying thing was that all the good Cotonou/Togo plasterers I saw their works gave similar quotations. I began wondering if they had an association or universal rate. I was told the so called gauging price is different from just plastering price. The cheapest quotation I saw back then was 2.1 million.

den don open the togo guys eyes.. one gave me 300k to plaster my three bed... i later did it for less using the ibadan guys
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by danowena: 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
twinskenny:

den don open the togo guys eyes.. one gave me 300k to plaster my three bed... i later did it for less using the ibadan guys
Sir, was that just for labour?
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by twinskenny(m): 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
danowena:

yes lablyr
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by twinskenny(m): 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2016
danowena:

yes labour
Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by danowena: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2016
twinskenny:
yes labour

Meaning it comes to almost same thing as what I paid. 8x300,000=2,400,000. Although mine includes security house and fence. All these artisans sef. Just that those Cotonou plastering could be distinct.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building. by twinskenny(m): 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
danowena:

Meaning it comes to almost same thing as what I paid. 8x300,000=2,400,000. Although mine includes security house and fence. All these artisans sef. Just that those Cotonou plastering could be distinct.

yeah these guys did fence too... but yours should be cheaper considering the volume

next time please consider us for the electrical o

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Making Of The "Anambra 5 Bedroom Duplex" / My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? / FLOOR/WALL TILES HERE @EPIC_CERAMICS (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.