Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Does This Mean That Prayers Don't Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does This Mean That Prayers Don't Work? (650 Views)

'prayers Don't Work' – Nigerian Man Writes On Facebook / D / Why do we believe that prayers alone will change Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Mean That Prayers Don't Work? by Holyman3(m): 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
Eccl. 9:11.

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all"

From my own understanding, it seems that only time and chances favours people here.

Let's have your own view.
Re: Does This Mean That Prayers Don't Work? by Beesluv: 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
It works, probably not we are looking at
Re: Does This Mean That Prayers Don't Work? by Scholar8200(m): 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
Holyman3:

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all"

From my own understanding, it seems that only time and chances favours people here.

This passage was speaking about men in general as it concerns issues like Providence, Timing etc and does not refer to God's promises, provisions, purposes etc Else why did Christ say to pray without ceasing?
Re: Does This Mean That Prayers Don't Work? by Scholar8200(m): 7:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
Holyman3:

This passage was speaking about men in general as it concerns issues like Providence, Timing by nature (eg 9 months in the womb to be spent by babies which no amount of prayer can shorten) etc and does not refer to God's promises, provisions, purposes etc Else why did Christ say to pray without ceasing?
Re: Does This Mean That Prayers Don't Work? by Holyman3(m): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
Scholar8200:
This passage was speaking about men in general as it concerns issues like Providence, Timing by nature (eg 9 months in the womb to be spent by babies which no amount of prayer can shorten) etc and does not refer to God's promises, provisions, purposes etc Else why did Christ say to pray without ceasing?

Very well.

But you understand I could have my own interpretation of the verse.
Or do I have to accept yours whether I like it or not?
Re: Does This Mean That Prayers Don't Work? by Scholar8200(m): 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
Holyman3:

Very well.

But you understand I could have my own interpretation of the verse.
Or do I have to accept yours whether I like it or not?

Whatever interpretation you choose should not contradict the Scriptures. ( pls trash my interpretation if it fails this test)
Re: Does This Mean That Prayers Don't Work? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
Prayer is a mental disorder which the religious folks conceive to be a way of talking to their god.

Psychologically, it is known as Oedipus complex: A developmental part of human life whereby you seek an authority figure consent for your woes, failure and success. Usually happen with children.

The disorder comes in inform of fixation when an adult still do same act to somebody they call god.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Recommend A Christain Song For Download / The Lord's Prayer "Forgive Us Our Trespasses." Where did That Come From? / Updated Answers To Questions About ISIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.