Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Moms Get In Here - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Moms Get In Here (4386 Views)

Powerful Pics From The 2018 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Awesome / 11 Illustrations Showing That Moms Definitely Use Magic / 25 Hilarious Parenting Differences Between Moms And Dads (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moms Get In Here by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
BIRTH ORDER OF CHILDREN

1st baby: You begin wearing maternity clothes as soon as your doctor confirms your pregnancy.
2nd baby: You wear your regular clothes for as long as possible.
3rd baby: Your maternity clothes ARE your regular clothes.

1st baby: You practice your breathing religiously.
2nd baby: You don't bother because you remember that last time breathing didn't do a thing.
3rd baby: You ask for an epidural in your eighth month.

1st baby: You pre-wash newborn's clothes, color coordinate them, and fold them neatly in the baby's little bureau.
2nd baby: You check to make sure that the clothes are clean and discard only the ones with the darkest stains.
3rd baby: Boys can wear pink, can't they?

1st baby: At the first sign of distress--a whimper, a frown--you pick up the baby.
2nd baby: You pick the baby up when her wails threaten to wake your firstborn.
3rd baby: You teach your three-year-old how to rewind the mechanical swing.

1st baby: If the dummy falls on the floor, you put it away until you can go home and wash and boil it.
2nd baby: When the dummy falls on the floor, you squirt it off with some juice from the baby's bottle.
3rd baby: You wipe it off on your shirt and pop it back in.

1st baby: You change your baby's nappy every hour, whether they need it or not.
2nd baby: You change their nappy every two to three hours, if needed.
3rd baby: You try to change their nappy before others start to complain about the smell or you see it sagging to their knees.

Activities:
1st baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics, Baby Swing, and Baby Story Hour.
2nd baby: You take your infant to Baby Gymnastics.
3rd baby: You take your infant to the supermarket and the dry cleaner.

1st baby: The first time you leave your baby with a sitter, you call home five times.
2nd baby: Just before you walk out the door, you remember to leave a number where you can be reached.
3rd baby: You leave instructions for the sitter to call only if she sees blood.
_____________ ______________________________

1st baby: You spend a good bit of every day just gazing at the baby.
2nd baby: You spend a bit of everyday watching to be sure your older child isn't squeezing, poking, or hitting the baby.
3rd baby: You spend a little bit of every day hiding from the children.

1st child: When first child swallows a coin, you rush the child to the hospital and demand x-rays.
2nd child: When second child swallows a coin, you carefully watch for the coin to pass.
3rd child: When third child swallows a coin, you deduct it from his pocket money.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moms Get In Here by Swissheart(f): 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
Very true especially about the dummy

1 Like

Re: Moms Get In Here by chii8(f): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hahahhahahahaha

'boys can wear pink' o jare,no tym abeg
#hiding frm dem kids...

Fourth baby nko?

5 Likes

Re: Moms Get In Here by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
Kwaaaaakwaaa
Shopping:
My first child, I bought heaven and earth. Bassinet (he only used for 3 months) cot (the wooden one), crib(one gracco product... It was never useful because of heat), scroller(where did we stroll to again?) Bouncer, play mat, Chico soap, shampoo, lotion and oil (mtsheww)
Second child.. Lux, coconut oil... Cot... I no send.

8 Likes

Re: Moms Get In Here by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
chii8:
Hahahhahahahaha
'boys can wear pink' o jare,no tym abeg #hiding frm dem kids...
Fourth baby nko?

Fourth baby: Anything goes... Kikikikiki
Re: Moms Get In Here by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Kwaaaaakwaaa
Shopping:
My first child, I bought heaven an earth. Bassinet (he only used for 3 months) cot (the wooden one), crib(one gracco product... It was never useful because of heat), scroller(where did we stroll to again?) Bouncer, play mat, Chico soap, shampoo, lotion and oil (mtsheww)
Second child.. Lux, coconut oil... Cot... I no send.

Same here o my sis.. First baby can "shack" person...

1 Like

Re: Moms Get In Here by eyinjuege: 12:33am On Nov 05, 2015
You forgot the hundred times a day baby pictures you take of the first. The second hardly has any baby pictures on your phone sad

4 Likes

Re: Moms Get In Here by Onegai(f): 7:22am On Nov 05, 2015
My mother

First daughter: had a special bicycle flown in from the UK

Second daughter: had a pretty pink bicycle from Mothercare in Lagos

Me: "abeg use the bicycles your other ones used, I know it doesn't have seat, it's rusted and it has no brakes. Ride into the gate if you want to stop"

cry

11 Likes

Re: Moms Get In Here by babygirlfl: 7:29am On Nov 05, 2015
BleSSedMee:

Same here o my sis.. First baby can "shack" person...

So true. I just kept buying things when I was pregnant for my cutie. Most of them ended up not being used. Then the over the top cleaning of the whole house.

2 Likes

Re: Moms Get In Here by Onegai(f): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2015
babygirlfl:

So true. I just kept buying things when I was pregnant for my cutie. Most of them ended up not being used. Then the over the top cleaning of the whole house.

You'll use them for the second baby. Baby E's newborn clothes are all unisex colours for that reason. I went even more gangster and inherited baby clothes, a carrier and some stuff second-hand from others and bought a gym and other things from a second-hand shop. She's using cloth diapers which the second child will also use as well. I didn't go overboard buying stuff for her, her father ok the other hand embarassed (thank goodness I stopped him)
Re: Moms Get In Here by babygirlfl: 7:42am On Nov 05, 2015
Onegai:

You'll use them for the second baby. Baby E's newborn clothes are all unisex colours for that reason. I went even more gangster and inherited baby clothes, a carrier and some stuff second-hand from others and bought a gym and other things from a second-hand shop. She's using cloth diapers which the second child will also use as well.

Thank ma'am. I am learning from you. Mine is not unisex but now I know to buy unisex clothes next time. Could you kindly expand more on the clothes diapers. Heard about it but have really not done much research on it or used it.
Re: Moms Get In Here by Onegai(f): 8:59am On Nov 05, 2015
babygirlfl:

Thank ma'am. I am learning from you. Mine is not unisex but now I know to buy unisex clothes next time. Could you kindly expand more on the clothes diapers. Heard about it but have really not done much research on it or used it.

Cloth diapers are awesome. They save quite a bit of money for you and neither i nor my friends ever have diaper rash (due to the fact that you change them more often). But I probably won't buy them here in Nigeria: you won't get a lot of variety and you need to get the right fit and absorbency. The ones I've seen here are really cheap Chinese stuff or just one brand.

Types:
They have All in one's (which are like disposable), complete diaper, just change and wash them. These are convenient but dry longer.

All in two,
made up of a diaper cover and an insert. Like the ones your parents used but much better. So if the baby is wet, you can change the insert but still keep using the cover all day. These are usually cheaper but don't get microfiber inserts, get cotton or bamboo or hemp inserts or prefold cloth made of those fabrics. I haven't seen any very absorbent inserts sold here in Nigeria but if you can shop off Amazon, you'll get everything you need.

Maybe I'll write everything down and add pictures as well later, so you can see. There are a lot of options on the market and truly the best options are a mix and match, not one system (please don't let anyone convince you otherwise) you will buy easily off Amazon and be happier in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Moms Get In Here by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 05, 2015
eyinjuege:
You forgot the hundred times a day baby pictures you take of the first. The second hardly has any baby pictures on your phone sad

Lollsss... You are right sis ... Its really so funny u know..

1 Like

Re: Moms Get In Here by afrobaby(f): 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mothers, you will not kill me with laughter, this is absolutely right, especially the pink part. My son wears pink like anything even pink trouser, lol, abegii, he is still a baby, no color "riot" for babies o jare.

1 Like

Re: Moms Get In Here by babygirlfl: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
Onegai:

Cloth diapers are awesome. They save quite a bit of money for you and neither i nor my friends ever have diaper rash (due to the fact that you change them more often). But I probably won't buy them here in Nigeria: you won't get a lot of variety and you need to get the right fit and absorbency. The ones I've seen here are really cheap Chinese stuff or just one brand.

Types:
They have All in one's (which are like disposable), complete diaper, just change and wash them. These are convenient but dry longer.

All in two,
made up of a diaper cover and an insert. Like the ones your parents used but much better. So if the baby is wet, you can change the insert but still keep using the cover all day. These are usually cheaper but don't get microfiber inserts, get cotton or bamboo or hemp inserts or prefold cloth made of those fabrics. I haven't seen any very absorbent inserts sold here in Nigeria but if you can shop off Amazon, you'll get everything you need.

Maybe I'll write everything down and add pictures as well later, so you can see. There are a lot of options on the market and truly the best options are a mix and match, not one system (please don't let anyone convince you otherwise) you will buy easily off Amazon and be happier in the long run.

Thank you very much for this. Ye meyeke.
Re: Moms Get In Here by Zenia08(f): 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
When I was expecting my first baby, was hoping for a boy but she turned out to be a cute Lil girl. She had to wear all the boys stuff until she outgrew them.
Re: Moms Get In Here by Stillfire: 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
Lol.
Re: Moms Get In Here by GHoJes: 8:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hahahaha

...You spend a little bit of everyday hidding from the children.

...when third child swallows a coin, you deduct it from his pocket money.

Onegai, your mum told you to apply brake by riding into the gate. The gate must have been so strong to withstand a bicycle that have survived two kids or she was tired of the gate, bicycle or both..lolz.

3 Likes

Re: Moms Get In Here by Onegai(f): 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
GHoJes:
Hahahaha

...You spend a little bit of everyday hidding from the children.

...when third child swallows a coin, you deduct it from his pocket money.

Onegai, your mum told you to apply brake by riding into the gate. The gate must have been so strong to withstand a bicycle that have survived two kids or she was tired of the gate, bicycle or both..lolz.

This was in the era of armed robbers so that gate was nice and strong, she cared for the gate and knew it could survive impact. It was the bicycle and me that were expendable cry
Re: Moms Get In Here by GHoJes: 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
Onegai:

This was in the era of armed robbers so that gate was nice and strong, she cared for the gate and knew it could survive impact. It was the bicycle and me that were expendable cry
Hahaha...i think she knew you, bicycle and gate had thesame ability to withstand impact.
Re: Moms Get In Here by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
Onegai:
My mother

First daughter: had a special bicycle flown in from the UK

Second daughter: had a pretty pink bicycle from Mothercare in Lagos

Me: "abeg use the bicycles your other ones used, I know it doesn't have seat, it's rusted and it has no brakes. Ride into the gate if you want to stop"

cry

grin cheesy grin cheesy. Omg u cray

It's true. I know how I obsess about how my kids are doing in school. If they have friends. Anyone bullying them .

I thought to myself I don't remember my parents doing all this close marking. I'm a fourth child so I guess by then all the phereren has passed. I was pretty much left to it. Nobody asked who is my friend. OYO

3 Likes

Re: Moms Get In Here by Onegai(f): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
These are the contents of my diaper bag, you can see the cloth diapers at the far right corner. That's about 5 diapers there (I picked blue ones for Baby E to wear because her outfit today is blue and white). That white flowery bag is the wet bag to store dirty diapers and any wet clothes. They come in different colours and patterns and you can use them (if you take care of them well) for multiple kids. Red diaper bag with everything packed to go.

Re: Moms Get In Here by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
Onegai:
These are the contents of my diaper bag, you can see the cloth diapers at the far right corner. That's about 5 diapers there (I picked blue ones for Baby E to wear because her outfit today is blue and white). That white flowery bag is the wet bag to store dirty diapers and any wet clothes. They come in different colours and patterns and you can use them (if you take care of them well) for multiple kids. Red diaper bag with everything packed to go.

Momma is good to go.... Nice one...

Pls what's the price range of the cloth diapers seems I would want it now.

Btw that your diaper bag is fine oo... Not conventional at all...
Re: Moms Get In Here by Onegai(f): 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
BleSSedMee:

Momma is good to go.... Nice one...

Pls what's the price range of the cloth diapers seems I would want it now.

Btw that your diaper bag is fine oo... Not conventional at all...

Thanks smiley the diapers (depending on which you get) are not cheap upfront but pay in the long run. If you buy online from the US or UK, you'll get either a free diaper or some other nice gift. Plus they can help. you make choices from a wide variety of styles of diaper (AIO, AI2, pocket, fitted, prefold).
Re: Moms Get In Here by babygirlfl: 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
Onegai:

Thanks for the information ma'am. What shops online do you buy them from in the uk?
Re: Moms Get In Here by EfemenaXY: 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
I'm guilty of so many things on here!

Nice one @op. I had a really good laugh. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Moms Get In Here by Onegai(f): 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
babygirlfl:

Thanks for the information ma'am. What shops online do you buy them from in the uk?

Google them ma (I'm more conversant with US stores) but I know Bambino Mio is U.K. start from there, also www.amazon. co.uk

http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/

http://www.mothercare.com/reusable-nappies/babycare_nappy_reusbalenappies,default,sc.html

http://www.clothnappyshop.co.uk/

I know Mothercare sells.

1 Like

Re: Moms Get In Here by babygirlfl: 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
Onegai:

Google them ma (I'm more conversant with US stores) but I know Bambino Mio is U.K. start from there, also www.amazon. co.uk

http://www.thenappylady.co.uk/

http://www.mothercare.com/reusable-nappies/babycare_nappy_reusbalenappies,default,sc.html

http://www.clothnappyshop.co.uk/

I know Mothercare sells.

Ok thank you so much.
Re: Moms Get In Here by Ama80(f): 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
Wat a hilarious but honest thread. grin

1 Like

Re: Moms Get In Here by coldgate(f): 2:50am On Nov 09, 2015
Nice thread. Hilarious too. Inexperience is the main culprit for excessive spending on firstborns.

2 Likes

Re: Moms Get In Here by SAMBARRY: 5:37am On Nov 09, 2015
grin cheesy

Op how you know. Choii grin

1 Like

Re: Moms Get In Here by ifISLAPYOU(f): 6:45am On Nov 09, 2015
True buh not nice enof

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy Quality Wristwatches, Watch Sets HERE / Strongest Word Of Advice Your Dad Gave To You As a Teenager. / This Bride Wore This Nonsense On Her Wedding Day(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.