Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

How Fast Can U Type - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Fast Can U Type (3033 Views)

How Fast Is MTN BIS With Wi-free Or Sandwich / How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? / Just How Fast Is Etisalat's Easyblaze? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fast Can U Type by WafiJoe(m): 9:41am On May 12, 2009
This is not a show off thread, neither is it a thread to joke or chat, it is strictly base on topic. I was finding out how to improve my speed, then i came up with the idea to know how fast i type and how fast others type so i can know what step to face next. So I google for something and this is what i found;

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/357568.html

Please follow that link and do as you are told. After that you can paste the result here, lets see how fast you can type and dont forget to give the testimony of it. I will be the first to start
Re: How Fast Can U Type by WafiJoe(m): 9:46am On May 12, 2009
This is my result:

TypingTest.com Test Results

Here are the test results of your TypingTest.com typing test.

Test taken on:  Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:31:59 AM
Duration: 1 minute(s)

Net Speed:  56 WPM (words/minute) 
Accuracy: 86%
Gross Speed:  66 WPM (words/minute)

Testimony: I learned through mavis beacon and the next thing is that i started working in a business centre, i have been typing for about 2years now.

I know we got others who can type faster, go ahead nairalanders and post ur result, even if it is 18WPM or over 140WPM.
Re: How Fast Can U Type by WafiJoe(m): 1:38pm On May 12, 2009
Nairalanders are u guys asleep?
Re: How Fast Can U Type by tomiade1(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2009
zzzzzzzZZZZ!
Re: How Fast Can U Type by WafiJoe(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2009
dont spoil this thread, if you dont have anything to say leave, its not by force to post
Re: How Fast Can U Type by astuto: 10:25am On May 17, 2009
When last i checked, my typing speed was 40wpm. i shall now go to that site u suggested. wish me luck,
Re: How Fast Can U Type by WafiJoe(m): 12:32pm On May 17, 2009
grin I do wish u luck, u know its kinda frightful to check cool
Re: How Fast Can U Type by WafiJoe(m): 9:52am On Dec 03, 2009
wer @ all ma fellas?
Re: How Fast Can U Type by spik007: 6:54am On Dec 07, 2009
I type 150-160 words per min
Re: How Fast Can U Type by DualCore1: 9:12pm On Dec 07, 2009
I dont use typing tests cuz i dont believe in their accuracy.

I type pretty fast with my eyes on the screen. I dont look at the keys to type but i can't close my eyes and type for long. The quickest key i hit is the backspace key, you should know why.

I type html, css and php pretty fast too. I'm slow on Javascript.

Learnt typing through years of being in chat rooms and talking with others online.

My typing is very fast with my "home" laptop. If i get on a new laptop or someone else' laptop i have problems with keys like Backspace, Enter, and Shift and it can be really frustrating cuz it really slows me down when i hit the wrong Shiift + Key combination. The sizes of these keys vary across laptop keypads.  I type faster on a laptop than on a desktop.

Its always interesting to look at those who type very fast on the Number pad area of the keyboard. I cant do that.
Re: How Fast Can U Type by WafiJoe(m): 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2009
I av got mine upgraded to 64, Dual Core (Cos i know how u hate the other version of your name) u are rite, those test aint 100% accurate.

@skip

U must be a wizard, how do i learn to increase my speed in typing, i want to type @ least 100WPM, and i think i still have problem with number its kinda hard u know

@Dual Core

Yet it can be quite intimidating typing with someone else keyboard. As for me I prefer typing with a desktop keyboard than a laptop. maybe its wat we are use to
Re: How Fast Can U Type by bigfoot79(m): 9:01am On Dec 13, 2009
We Nigerian are bad at typing we always use the wrong fingers but could be really fast sometimes, I gross 39wpm
Re: How Fast Can U Type by iice(f): 3:09pm On Dec 13, 2009
Net Speed:  57 WPM
(words/minute)
Accuracy: 98%
Gross Speed: 58 WPM
(words/minute)

And my keyboard no get letters grin People are always vexing when they have to use the keyboard. . .i purposely left it like that so that they can suffer when they have to type their password.  If you miss the first letter then . . .try again! cheesy
Re: How Fast Can U Type by Phemour: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2009
^^ wicked. . not kind @ all angry
Re: How Fast Can U Type by iice(f): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2009
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Fast Can U Type by WafiJoe(m): 8:35am On Dec 14, 2009
@ bigfoot

I hate it wen peeps generalize

@iice

i like ur style, sometimes some of them will ask you "where is the 'a' alphabet", and they keep asking u for different letters, till they practically ask you for all the letters in their password. lol. But the funny thing is, its of no use
Re: How Fast Can U Type by jorlons(m): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
My typing speed is fast enough for me to do
whatever I want to do both online and offline,

But seeing some replies is making me to have a rethink.

I currently stand at 41-50WMP. I fluctuate in speed btw that range.

Test completed - here are your results:
Net Speed: 41 WPM
(words/minute)
Accuracy: 93%
Gross Speed: 44 WPM
(words/minute)
Print results
Start new test
Add typing test to Facebook
How much time do you spend typing daily? 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours 3 hours 4 hours 5 hours

Since you have posted this topic wafijoe it has become a big deal to me. grin
Re: How Fast Can U Type by DualCore1: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2009
bigfoot79:

We Nigerian are bad at typing we always use the wrong fingers but could be really fast sometimes,  I gross 39wpm
I think its time for you to leave the typing classroom and get into the real world.

wrong fingers for typing? WTF?!
We talking about everyday freestyle typing here not some professional secretary-like typing.
Re: How Fast Can U Type by iice(f): 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2009
WafiJoe:

@ bigfoot

I hate it wen peeps generalize

@iice

i like your style, sometimes some of them will ask you "where is the 'a' alphabet", and they keep asking u for different letters, till they practically ask you for all the letters in their password. lol. But the funny thing is, its of no use

LOL exactly. Sometimes, i have to take pity on them and type it out for them. They're lucky i have no interest in their passwords, can barely remember mine cheesy. Just entertaining to see them struggle through the process grin
Re: How Fast Can U Type by skydancer: 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2009
@iice: Very impressive for a girl/woman undecided
Lol at The bones of our foes will gleam under the sun wink But who is this shadow of death upon
Re: How Fast Can U Type by Phony200(m): 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2009
Here are the test results of your TypingTest.com typing test.
Test taken on: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 1:21:17 PM
Duration: 1 minute(s)

Net Speed: 50 WPM (words/minute)
Accuracy: 90%
Gross Speed: 55 WPM (words/minute)
Re: How Fast Can U Type by iice(f): 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
skydancer:

@iice: Very impressive for a girl/woman undecided
Lol at The bones of our foes will gleam under the sun wink But who is this shadow of death upon

Woman definitely cheesy And why impressive? Women don't type much? grin
Ahhhhh the shadow of death is always upon someone or something undecided grin
Re: How Fast Can U Type by skydancer: 7:25am On Dec 18, 2009
iice:

Woman definitely cheesy And why impressive? Women don't type much? grin
Ahhhhh the shadow of death is always upon someone or something undecided grin

So you are the angel of this death Well there's an article I read recently that women are being pushed of the top computer technical knowledge chart. Men are geeks but women are not smiley
Re: How Fast Can U Type by iice(f): 1:10pm On Dec 18, 2009
LOL quite close grin
Hmmm interesting. . .i must say i've never really thought of women as geeks.
Re: How Fast Can U Type by WafiJoe(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2009
impressive speed so far, can anyone herr gimme techniques on how to to improve typin speed, cos maybe i may be a programmer someday, i am sure gon be doin lots of typin den

(1) (Reply)

Modem Error 633 On Win Vista And Win Xp - Need Help Please. / How To Disable Automatic Updates In Windows 10 While Using Hotspot / SOLD! SOLD!! SUPER MINT DELL G7 17.3" RTX 2060, 32GB RAM, 9TH GEN CPU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.