Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? (10586 Views)

15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / Windows 10: Microsoft Is Recording EVERYTHING You Type, But Here's How To Stop I / How To Make Computer Speak What You Type (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 21, 2012
Have you ever taken the speed of which you type into consideration?

Typing fast is key in gaining complete control over the time you spend on your pc. Typing without looking at the keyboard can be very useful most especially for programmers who really need to write complex codes and focus on the monitor to ensure no much mistake is done.

What typing software do you use in measuring your typing speed? I personally use Mavis Beacon typing software and the the highest speed I have ever recorded is 96 Words Per Minute(WPM) but mostly within the range of 80-90 WPM. How about you guys?

1 Like

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Acidosis(m): 8:57am On Jul 21, 2012
The last time I checked mavis, I had 97 wpm. I get irritated when I see people typing and at the same time searching for keyboard keys.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Maleeq(m): 11:27am On Jul 21, 2012
Acidosis: The last time I checked mavis, I had 97 wpm. I get irritated when I see people typing and at the same time searching for keyboard keys.
@Acidosis.
Last time I checked, I hit 465 wpm. Your 97 wpm is irritating me already! tongue

10 Likes

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
Maleeq:
@Acidosis.
Last time I checked, I hit 465 wpm. Your 97 wpm is irritating me already! tongue
no way. The highest speed ever recorded is 216 WPM by a German female typist on a QWERTY keyboard. It is mostly almost impossible to go over 120 Words Per Minute even for professionally trained typist smiley
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by hannytalker: 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
#GBAM
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
I use one finger to punch the keys and still get the words out correctly. I can boastfully say, I can type 10 words per minute and I am very comfortable with that pace. Where am I rushing to ?

11 Likes

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
I get to 110+ WPM. And that was some 2 years ago since I checked. I feel like I'm faster now.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by chidex15(m): 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
My highest speed is 30 words per minute am still a learner though....
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by chrishenzo: 2:18pm On Jul 21, 2012
[size=14pt]Maybe we should challenge each other at www.typeracer.com

Seeing is believing.
[/size]

If you are ready, drop your typeracer id. I am waitinggg!!!!!!!!!1
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
chrishenzo: [size=14pt]Maybe we should challenge each other at www.typeracer.com

Seeing is believing.
[/size]

If you are ready, drop your typeracer id. I am waitinggg!!!!!!!!!1

What's your typing speed?
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Afam4eva(m): 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
I've never checked how fast I type but I think I'm the fastest typist in the world. But the thing is, I don't use the conventional style of typing which is, placinf your fingers on the "ASDF:LKJ" keys. I just type scatter scatter.

3 Likes

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nickydrake(m): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
I suck on the pc alright. But with T9 prediction on me alphanumeric keypad? Fast enough to make your jaw drop tongue
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by chrishenzo: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
sunical:

What's your typing speed?

You will know when you take the challenge.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2012
75-80 WPM.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Ayubaayo: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
Maleeq:
@Acidosis.
wow, guy you're soo good. I'm still struggling with 287.2654wpm.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Diligence: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2012
On Manual typewriter those days, I cld go between 80 and 100, but wt computers (keyboard, the speed hovers between 100 and 130...

These days, no1 teaches basic typewriting skills; people just pick the keyboard and use different fingers for different keys...

I encourage all too check our the internet and start working on basic typewriting skills; they help as regards speed and accuracy!
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
On a phone or laptop or iPad or iPhone.sorry which one ?
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by mkmyers45(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
90Wpm on standard qwerty..
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Dongoody(m): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
Billyonaire: I use one finger to punch the keys and still get the words out correctly. I can boastfully say, I can type 10 words per minute and I am very comfortable with that pace. Where am I rushing to ?
Lolz. U be correct agavu. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Lwkm
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by hammedkola(m): 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
Ayubaayo: wow, guy you're soo good. I'm still struggling with 287.2654wpm.

You are lying...The highest you can go is 120 even though u re professional.

Well, am boastfull of ma 98wpm
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Afam4eva(m): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
Maleeq:
@Acidosis.
O boy, see as dem catch your lie.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by hammedkola(m): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
Let us all goto [size=15pt]http://www.typeracer.com[/size] and we race each other. And to know each other, make use of the same username here
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
I am on the average. 40/45 WPM. For those speculating on 400 or above wpm are big liars!
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by hammedkola(m): 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2012
all4naija: I am on the average. 40/45 WPM. For those speculating on 400 or above wpm are big liars!

I doubt if they even understand how the speed is being taken
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Adanyebe(m): 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2012
the average speed for fast typist is between the 120 range. you can check that out Http://play.typeracer.com
the last time I checked, I went about 171wpm and haven't been able to beat that that record ever since.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
i need help with typing, 4 times have i tried, mavis, tyingspeed, name it. i always give up after 3 days cos the letter dont alway fit in my brain.
my life depends on this yet i just can't.

experienced typists, how long do i need to learn this for? please post tips that helped you scale through.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
I tried the test race and i got 29wpm, I will drink to it, never knew I could type that fast.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by bikerboy1(m): 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
With my phone, I type
7/L/P/Sec.
Just multiply it and see for urself.
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by Maleeq(m): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
hehehehe...i just type that figure o! make una neva call me liar finish.

My initial post was a pun aimed at the poster that said he gets irritated when he sees people typing and at the same time searching for keyboard keys.

Yes, speed is one thing, accuracy should also be considered.

Click here to join me in a typing race on typeracer.com grin

2 Likes

Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by charlsecy4(m): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
I don't use the traditional means of typing, I type irregularly, but I'm comfortable with my speed.

On phone, I use t9, that input system that underlines your words as you type. I type at great speed and I enjoy it.
LEARN HOW TO USE t9 at:
http://mobiletechnologybits..com/2011/12/using-t9-text-input-on-mobile-phones.html
Re: How Fast Can You Type? Do You Still Look At Your Keyboard? by dani1luv: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2012
who wanna race with me?? grin grin
username dani1luv @ http://play.typeracer.com/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Crack Winning Eleven 9 Soccer Game. / Post Your PC Issues Here For Answers / How To Download Youtube Video To Your Computers And Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.