Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme (339136 Views)

Apply For Heineken International Fresh Graduate Programme 2018 / Seplat Petroleum Graduate Scheme Massive Recruitment 2017/2018 / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 27, 2015
For those of you who were sent the spdc email..... just in case it was spam and the link is probably a key logger to hack your mails .... try and change your email passwords immediately before fraudulent activities take place in your email. .......just a precaution !!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by sparklebaby: 9:38am On Nov 27, 2015
rationalmind:

The decision making also has a pass or fail outcome. Did mine (decision making and numerical) and also did for two friends. We all got the the review mail.

Another friend asked me to help with his but because I was quite busy, told him to do the decision making while I do the numerical. Not long after I finished the numerical which was quite cheap(the cheapest I've done so far), he got a regret mail.

Since I couldn't have failed the numerical smiley, the regret must have come courtesy of his decision making.

So I feel your friends regret might have to do with the decision making and not numerical.

PS: I might be wrong smiley

Wow...i have always thought other wise. Now i know better. But since this my friends response was about 13 days afterwards, and not immediately after the test, may be he didn't fail the test

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2015
sparklebaby:

Wow...i have always thought other wise. Now i know better. But since this my friends response was about 13 days afterwards, and not immediately after the test, may be he didn't fail the test

But from what you've said, he never got he review mail in the first place.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by sparklebaby: 9:50am On Nov 27, 2015
rationalmind:

But from what you've said, he never got he review mail in the first place.

He got the review mail immediately after the test 2.

The regret mail was two weeks after. I.e, this monday
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by ElDeeVee(m): 9:51am On Nov 27, 2015
rationalmind:

The decision making also has a pass or fail outcome. Did mine (decision making and numerical) and also did for two friends. We all got the the review mail.

Another friend asked me to help with his but because I was quite busy, told him to do the decision making while I do the numerical. Not long after I finished the numerical which was quite cheap(the cheapest I've done so far), he got a regret mail.

Since I couldn't have failed the numerical smiley, the regret must have come courtesy of his decision making.

So I feel your friends regret might have to do with the decision making and not numerical.

PS: I might be wrong smiley
Chike Obi

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Fernandinho: 9:51am On Nov 27, 2015
krisztical:
For those of you who were sent the spdc email..... just in case it was spam and the link is probably a key logger to hack your mails .... try and change your email passwords immediately before fraudulent activities take place in your email. .......just a precaution !!!!

I was just about saying this....
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 27, 2015
sparklebaby:

He got the review mail immediately after the test 2.

The regret mail was two weeks after. I.e, this monday

Ooh, okay.

The regret doesn't have to do with the test. I thought you were saying he did the numerical test so well and got a regret mail afterwards.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by engineergifto: 9:56am On Nov 27, 2015
ksstroud:

You can't disclose... Laughing in Icelandic...
you can keep laughing for all I care. Mind you I have never fallen for any fraudster before and this definitely won't be the first. I always like doing things after proper confirmation so as not to raise false alarm. I have a reply from shell and they told me to send them the mail that sent the invite which I did. Though I am 99.9% sure it is fake but just want to confirm the remaining 0.01% and that is me.
Thanks for your comment anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by engineergifto: 10:02am On Nov 27, 2015
ElDeeVee:

Chike Obi
lol. hope this person is not who am suspecting. Because a very close friend likes that name prof chike obi
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 27, 2015
sparklebaby:

I know a guy that finished all, with 2 minutes left. It was sure that he was going to get everything, because he solved all, accurately. I was there when he was doing it. However, he got his regret mail on monday. Can you imagine?!... So the process is beyond the test. I think if you do well on the test, it will draw their attention to your application. That is quite natural. However, if your Cover letter, CV and attached documents are not very good, you still might not get called up.

So brothers, lets keep faith, as we await our own outcome.
Laff wan tear my belle(LWTMB)! My questions for u is, how are u so sure that he got all the answers correctly? In my own opinion, that decision making part that wasn't timed but we were advised not to spend more than 25 minutes; I think they also check that to see how well u follow instructions because most pple spent far more than 25 minutes there. The more additional time u spent after 25 minutes the more damage it does to ur application.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 27, 2015
ElDeeVee:

Chike Obi

smiley
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 27, 2015
krisztical:
It's possible sha xpecially for those of us that have been giving out their email addresses on this thread otherwise I wonder how the person knew that they applied for SRD.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by elShakes(m): 10:25am On Nov 27, 2015
ethene:

Laff wan tear my belle(LWTMB)! My questions for u is, how are u so sure that he got all the answers correctly? In my own opinion, that decision making part that wasn't timed but we were advised not to spend more than 25 minutes; I think they also check that to see how well u follow instructions because most pple spent far more than 25 minutes there. The more additional time u spent after 25 minutes the more damage it does to ur application.

LOL...More Propaganda and Conspiracy theories.

Someone will come and say if you score above the 60th percentile in your tests then you'll be considered, another will say there is a predetermined cut off, others will say they just pick people randomly undecided ....Now ethene is saying '25 mins'
You people are not tired of wondering what their criteria is?

The only hint Shell gave us is "first come, first serve" .....Every other thing you might conjure up is unconfirmed postulation and hypothesis.

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by davide470(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2015
engineergifto:

. Though I am 99.9% sure it is fake but just want to confirm the remaining 0.01% and that is me.
Oh, Now you are 99.9% sure it was fake undecided

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by ignis: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2015
ethene:

You are very right. I observed that with last year application.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by ksstroud: 10:54am On Nov 27, 2015
engineergifto:

you can keep laughing for all I care. Mind you I have never fallen for any fraudster before and this definitely won't be the first. I always like doing things after proper confirmation so as not to raise false alarm. I have a reply from shell and they told me to send them the mail that sent the invite which I did. Though I am 99.9% sure it is fake but just want to confirm the remaining 0.01% and that is me.
Thanks for your comment anyway.
Thank you too sir.. I meant no harm
Gracias
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by sparklebaby: 10:59am On Nov 27, 2015
ethene:

@ The 25 minutes mark, we weren't asked to spend 25 minutes, they only just gave the candidate the estimated time it should take him/her, so as to make necessary preparations e.g power availability and internet connectivity. Plus, multinationals have very strong integrity. If they say they aren't timing you, then they aren't. If they would, they will either not tell you, or tell you. But for them to have said it is not timed, I want to believe it isnt

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by elShakes(m): 11:24am On Nov 27, 2015
ignis:

You are very right. I observed that with last year application.

LOL, what exactly did you observe...after 25 minuites? what happened?
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by aegis86: 11:31am On Nov 27, 2015
It is well with everyone of us
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by elShakes(m): 11:33am On Nov 27, 2015
In case you have 'lost' your email

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by ignis: 11:41am On Nov 27, 2015
elShakes:

LOL, what exactly did you observe...after 25 minuites? what happened?
I spent over an hour for the questions that shell speculated supposed to take 25 minutes.
Before I submitted, I got a regret mail.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 27, 2015
sparklebaby:

@ The 25 minutes mark, we weren't asked to spend 25 minutes, they only just gave the candidate the estimated time it should take him/her, so as to make necessary preparations e.g power availability and internet connectivity. Plus, multinationals have very strong integrity. If they say they aren't timing you, then they aren't. If they would, they will either not tell you, or tell you. But for them to have said it is not timed, I want to believe it isnt
Ask any body that has evr been invited for interview u would see all finished the decision making part within 25 mins. If u notice b4 starting the second test, u were told that it would last for about 45 minutes, and numerical part that was timed lasted for about 20 minutes if u do the subtraction u see that the remaining time would be for decision making and that was why u were advised not to spend more than 25 minutes even though it wasn't timed. It is used to know how u adhere to instructions unsupervised.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by MAKEWAY2029: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2015
elShakes:
In case you have 'lost' your email

the time frame you underlined here is the one week you were given to complete the test, not the approximate 45 minutes.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by COOLCATS: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2015
Ok , lots of tension on here about reasons for regret mail. Shell has limited openings for the programme, not all departments or streams have vacancies as at the time the job posting was up. in other countries such as the UK , one has the chance of knowing which department has got openings and which has not. one may likely get a regret mail if the desired department has no opening as at the time of application.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2015
ignis:

I spent over an hour for the questions that shell speculated supposed to take 25 minutes.
Before I submitted, I got a regret mail.

I surprisingly completed mine in about 50 minutes and didn't get a regret mail!

My take is this,

Little emphasis was placed on the Numerical. From the way I see it, you can't get a regret mail because you failed the Numerical.

I know someone that didn't attempt more than 6 Questions! He is yet to get the regret mail.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2015
taiwolusol:

I surprisingly completed mine in about 50 minutes and didn't get a regret mail!

My take is this,

Little emphasis was placed on the Numerical. From the way I see it, you can't get a regret mail because you failed the Numerical.

I know someone that didn't attempt more than 6 Questions! He is yet to get the regret mail.
Exactly. But the point is when reviewing ur application they would know u spent abt 50 minutes cos they have all the records. It is a simple analogy, for example if there are 2 candidates that performed very well with same score don't u think they would prefer the one who finished the decision making earlier and still has same score to another that finished later with same score?
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by emmahoney(m): 12:16pm On Nov 27, 2015
Una no dey tire with your null hypothesis? Some people on this thread have turned to HR manager. In life, you win some and you lose some; if you are invited for the interview, it doesn't necessarily mean that you did better than others... Betters days just ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by sparklebaby: 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
ethene:

Ask any body that has evr been invited for interview u would see all finished the decision making part within 25 mins. If u notice b4 starting the second test, u were told that it would last for about 45 minutes, and numerical part that was timed lasted for about 20 minutes if u do the subtraction u see that the remaining time would be for decision making and that was why u were advised not to spend more than 25 minutes even though it wasn't timed. It is used to know how u adhere to instructions unsupervised.

We are all working on assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by elShakes(m): 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2015
MAKEWAY2029:

the time frame you underlined here is the one week you were given to complete the test, not the approximate 45 minutes.

LOL....OF COURSE

I'm not in support of 25 minutes or 45 minutes or whatever

The underlined was to show that the only hint of selection criteria given is "first come...."
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by DatechMan(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
sparklebaby:

Sparkles Baby,
Dont mind this my brother.
I understand why the tension is so high. I have noticed several conjectures flying around like UFOs.
Everybody wants to work in a company like the Dutch pride "Shell".

The HR takes not the effort to tell you reason for disqualification because of many reasons. He has no time to compose a customised mail to send to you considering he/she has thousands of applications to review.
Some criteria for disqualification are intrinsic. Such as failure in behavioural questions, CV/requirement flaws, etc.
Good luck with trying to figure out why someone was disqualified You can never know for sure.

However, the basis for that inference made in that quote is clearly weak. It is clearly stated that it is not timed. You are advised to spend 25 minutes.

This is Shell not "Divine Favour Ventures".

Bro, let's think of something else.

#GodBlessNigeria

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by ProudOlodo: 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
sparklebaby:

We are all working on assumptions.
EXACTLY!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (74) (Reply)

State Security Service (S.S.S) Is Recruiting. / Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. / NDLEA Recruitment 2023 Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.