Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,611 members, 7,955,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:37 PM

5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism (3913 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by freecocoa(f): 11:41am On Nov 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You mean the thread ? Or this :

Both.
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
freecocoa:
how unreasonable does one have to be to keep coming up with all these nonsense?
undecided, You can read and leave.
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
davodyguy:

Atheism has faithfuls, cos they hang on to a belief
tell him.
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
cc : lalasticlala

smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:
cc : lalasticlala

smiley
Lol, no be 5 high profile "christians" who lost their faith na grin
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
winner01:
Lol, no be 5 high profile "christians" who lost their faith na grin

lwkmd ... sorry I mistook it for the other thread ... grin .. kai ... na trouble be that lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 9:43am On Nov 15, 2015
Happy sunday all.
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 9:01am On Dec 20, 2015
God bless you
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by cloudgoddess(f): 9:48am On Dec 20, 2015
OP, this only proves that atheists turn to theism for the same reasons people who are already theists cling to their theism - comfort, illusion of safety, desire to live forever, desperate desire for objective meaning. Unfortunately none of these say anything about whether their theistic claims are true or not.

Just as any Christian (ex-atheist or not) can say, "I KNOW my God exists because (insert non-evidence based, emotional reason here)", anyone of any other faith or religion can say the same (I know Buddha's methods are the keys to enlightenment because ____. I know the Hindu God Krishna will cause me to reincarnate because ____). And since none of you would have any objective evidence for your claims, you're all on equal ground and there's no reason to believe any of you.

Also, I'm quite certain the amount of people becoming atheist far trumps the amount of atheists becoming religious, especially in the modern day where atheism is more a result of the vast amount of scientific knowledge available to us now + open discourse about religion on the internet.

1 Like

Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2015
cloudgoddess:
OP, this only proves that atheists turn to theism for the same reasons people who are already theists cling to their theism - comfort, illusion of safety, desire to live forever, desperate desire for objective meaning. Unfortunately none of these say anything about whether their theistic claims are true or not.
I take it you have no meaning, you are just a result of some random processes. Well, nice to meet you.

cloudgoddess:

Just as any Christian (ex-atheist or not) can say, "I KNOW my God exists because (insert non-evidence based, emotional reason here)", anyone of any other faith or religion can say the same (I know Buddha's methods are the keys to enlightenment because ____. I know the Hindu God Krishna will cause me to reincarnate because ____). And since none of you would have any objective evidence for your claims, you're all on equal ground and there's no reason to believe any of you.
"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence." - Carl Sagan

Maybe you should give us your evidence.
Also provide a picture of the human as proof that it exists.
thanks.
cloudgoddess:

Also, I'm quite certain the amount of people becoming atheist far trumps the amount of atheists becoming religious, especially in the modern day where atheism is more a result of the vast amount of scientific knowledge available to us now + open discourse about religion on the internet.
Yeah, exactly 15 years ago, i heard islam is the fastest growing religion in the world with statistics to back it up.
Today, we know better.
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:51pm On May 05, 2016
They realized they have been ignorant and deluded all those while
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 12:16am On Jun 12, 2016
Fine thread . Lovely !
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 1:38am On Jun 19, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
They realized they have been ignorant and deluded all those while
abi
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 9:24am On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Fine thread . Lovely !
thumbs up
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 10:56am On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Faith is actually the evidence
This makes no sense whatsoever
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 1:11am On Jul 08, 2016
Good God.
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by KingEbukaNaija: 8:42pm On Jul 11, 2016
Great God
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 10:28am On Jul 24, 2016
grin
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 9:32am On Aug 21, 2016
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
grin
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by gabe: 4:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
I desperately want to believe in a loving father who has always got my back and that of 7billion other humans (i'll ignore d millions of sick, starving and dying children) but there is no evidence he exists, no matter how desperately i want him to. Doesn't matter if CS Lewis et al believes it. Weed produces d same hallucigenic effect in genuises as well as dumb people.
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by Justmeal: 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

This makes no sense whatsoever
For the preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who don't believe!
Re: 5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism by winner01(m): 2:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
dalaman:
What about the tens of millions of theist that have left theism for atheism?
tens of millions?

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / The Biblical Jesus Was Sent Only To The Lost Sheep Of Israel / Is Speaking In Tongues A Requirement For A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.