Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? (804 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters / Negro Atheists, Show Me Your Works! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by vooks: 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
Slightly less than nil
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by Donbabajay12(m): 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by vooks: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
The Negro is the least developed of all Homo sapiens, that's why
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by vooks: 4:34am On Nov 22, 2015
Kenyan Negroes are overly excited that heis visiting them this week
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000183188/no-pomp-while-ferrying-pope-francis
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by irynterri(f): 8:15am On Nov 22, 2015
please the catholic church has witnessed the reign of three negro popes,that is why they say the best place to hide anything from a black man is a book
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by charlsecy(m): 9:37am On Nov 22, 2015
irynterri:
please the catholic church has witnessed the reign of three negro popes,
I think they were North African, but that doesn't necessarily make them Negro...

Pope Gelasius I, one of the popes from North Africa, was described as a prolific writer by Walter Ullmann.
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by irynterri(f): 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
charlsecy:

I think they were North African, but that doesn't necessarily make them Negro...

Pope Gelasius I, one of the popes from North Africa, was described as a prolific writer by Walter Ullmann.
not so sure about Gelasius but the other two were negros,in those days north africa or roman africa as it was called was dominated by negros..its just that the whites have made it seem as if only them participated in the growth of the church whereas even st augustine amongst other saints were not white
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by orisa37: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
He must be a conformist to survive and be ready to compromise on the existing Gospel.
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by vooks: 6:17am On Nov 29, 2015
orisa37:
He must be a conformist to survive and be ready to compromise on the existing Gospel.
We won't have a Negro pope in a 1000 years. Catholicism is full of racists and the only time we would have a negro pope is if there were no white contenders
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by vooks: 6:21am On Nov 29, 2015
irynterri:
please the catholic church has witnessed the reign of three negro popes,that is why they say the best place to hide anything from a black man is a book

If you can call Egyptians/Arabs black, you'd have a point
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2795549
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by orisa37: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2015
Oga, I neither said nor mean all you posted. Remember that our God that raised Barak Obama for the US also said that He would at anytime raise SOLDIERS FROM STONES TO FIGHT FOR HIS KINGDOM. He is able! That God can train a selfless Nigerian in His Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding to replace Francis anyhow anytime. ALLELUIA!!!!
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by irynterri(f): 9:22am On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

If you can call Egyptians/Arabs black, you'd have a point
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2795549
yea..in my own understanding the early north africans were blacks even few ones can still be found in algeria today
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by vooks: 9:48am On Nov 29, 2015
irynterri:
yea..in my own understanding the early north africans were blacks even few ones can still be found in algeria today
There were never Negro popes and there is not about to be. Those were most likely Arabic
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by vooks: 9:50am On Nov 29, 2015
orisa37:
Oga, I neither said nor mean all you posted. Remember that our God that raised Barak Obama for the US also said that He would at anytime raise SOLDIERS FROM STONES TO FIGHT FOR HIS KINGDOM. He is able! That God can train a selfless Nigerian in His Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding to replace Francis anyhow anytime. ALLELUIA!!!!
The African American Negro is the most advanced of his kind and this was coming. Study Catholicism for the last 50 years and you can see Negroes now are no better than where they were in the beginning
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by irynterri(f): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

There were never Negro popes and there is not about to be. Those were most likely Arabic
perhaps you could google that
Re: What Are The Odds Of A Negro Pope? by vooks: 10:12am On Nov 29, 2015
irynterri:
perhaps you could google that
You should Google it yourself. I gave you a simple journalistic summary to start you off. How has the lot of Negroes in Catholicism improved in the last 50 years?

(1) (Reply)

Unfufilled Vows,oaths,covenants Reasons Behind Christians Sufferings!!!! Part1 / Hell Is Waiting For Womens In Trousers... (Photo) / What The Hell Is Xmas?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.