Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Agency Fees - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Agency Fees (11762 Views)

A Room For Sublet At 180k In Palm avenue illupeju axis - No Agency. pics inside / Pictures Of Brand New 3 Bedroom Flats In Magodo Ph. 2. No Agency Or Legal Fees! / 1000 Units Of Houses For Sale @ By Redemption Camp. No Agency Fees! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agency Fees by JJYOU: 6:31pm On May 12, 2009
please tell me what is generally acceptable as agency fees in naija. for properties in benin. Lagos and abuja?

thanks all
Re: Agency Fees by lawyer(m): 6:40pm On May 13, 2009
Generally Agency Fees for tenancy agreements is 10% of the tenancy rates X how many years they collect from you e.g if the property is going for N100,000 per annum, the agency fee is 10% of N100,000 which amounts to N10,000 for one year and if the agent is collecting 2 years rent, that's N10,000 x 2 Years which is N20,000. So you calculate it by the years and 10%

For property sales, it is usually 5% of the total price paid for the property (Negotiable in some instances if you have a skilled lawyer in pointing out the reasons it should be less than 5%)

All agency fees are usually borne by the buyer or tenant and not the landlord or seller? Strange system in my opinion undecided

1 Like

Re: Agency Fees by JJYOU: 9:38am On May 14, 2009
lawyer:

Generally Agency Fees for tenancy agreements is 10% of the tenancy rates X how many years they collect from you e.g if the property is going for N100,000 per annum, the agency fee is 10% of N100,000 which amounts to N10,000 for one year and if the agent is collecting 2 years rent, that's N10,000 x 2 Years which is N20,000. So you calculate it by the years and 10%

For property sales, it is usually 5% of the total price paid for the property (Negotiable in some instances if you have a skilled lawyer in pointing out the reasons it should be less than 5%)

All agency fees are usually borne by the buyer or tenant and not the landlord or seller? Strange system in my opinion undecided
i thank you
Re: Agency Fees by question(m): 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
lawyer: Generally Agency Fees for tenancy agreements is 10% of the tenancy rates X how many years they collect from you e.g if the property is going for N100,000 per annum, the agency fee is 10% of N100,000 which amounts to N10,000 for one year and if the agent is collecting 2 years rent, that's N10,000 x 2 Years which is N20,000. So you calculate it by the years and 10%

Oga lawyer,
If the agency fee is borne by the tenant, then from your example above the tenant will pay N110,000. Or does he pay N100,000 and the landlord gets N90,000 while the agent takes N10,000?
Please clarify.
Re: Agency Fees by kayphyzee(m): 12:27pm On Apr 07, 2013
Let's draw the line between legality n reality. Legally agency fee į̸̸̨§ 10% but in reality, not so for all these agents in lagos. They charge agency fee that's almost as high as the rent itself. The so-called legal 10% comes into operation when dealing with property sales or rents that are high.
Re: Agency Fees by lookingfly: 5:32am On Jan 14, 2023
lawyer:

how do I ensure as an agent that my buyer pays me the 5% that is due to me for a property i connected him to buy?

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Buying Properties From Real Estate Companies Rather Than Omo Onile / Post your mechanical(plumbing)problem here and get quick solution to it . / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.