Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

5 Questions Every Student Should Answer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer (22592 Views)

9 Destructive Habits Every University Student Should Let Go / 10 Apps Every Student Must Have On Their Smartphones / 5 Basic Skills Every Student Should Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Tonischuller(m): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
To become a succeeding student who eventually graduates into a successful graduate is not always an easy task otherwise we will have less failing students, and the number of jobless plus incompetent graduates won’t be alarming.

The challenge I see on Nigerian campuses is that of a situation where many students are negligent of the reason(s) for which they’re in school and the fact that their actions or inactions are closely linked to what could come next after graduation.

To help you overcome this challenge, here are 5 questions you should provide sincere answers to. You might want to write them down along with the answers and review some of it periodically because life itself is a learning process; we learn and unlearn every day.

1. Why are you in school?

Are you in school to gain knowledge?

Is it because of the certificate?

Or could it because you wish to be able to secure a great job and a good life after graduation?

You might easily pop out answers that sound like the ones above however, I’ll want you critically review your answer(s) because providing a sincere and the right answer will definitely influence the things you do, the way you act as a student and the things you consider important.

2. What is your background?

What kind of home do you come from? Do you know your roots?

Going through school conscious of the ‘home you come from’ is important.

If where you come from provides you with no uncles or aunties who can reserve a federal government job for you then you might want to sit up and reject the lifestyle of your classmates who have their future worked out because they’ve got family members in high places.

While a student, I knew that an extra year was never an option because it was clear that there was no provision for extra school fees hence an extra year meant I’ll have to pay the fees myself.

To become successful, you need to be true to yourself. Don’t spend your life on campus as though you were born with a silver spoon when in the real sense you were born with no spoon at all.

3. What is success to you?

As you journey through school it is crucial for you to write down what success will look like at the end of the journey.

State what you’ll need to have at the end of your school that will make you feel successful. This will help to keep you away from being distracted by the successes of others.

Create a mind picture of who you will look like and the things you’ll possess at the end of your program.

Will having a grade point average of 3.5 be success for you? Will finishing with a business venture along with good grades be success for you?

4. Why will you succeed?

Don’t just fanaticize about how successful you intent to be after school.

Why do you think you will achieve your goals?

Answering this question will provide you with an arsenal of strategies you will work with to achieve your answer to question 3.

The best way to go about answering this question is to use the 2 magical words: ‘if… then…’

For example if success for you is graduating with a second class upper, then the question to ‘why will you succeed’? Can be like:

If I maintain a GP of 3.5 every semester, then I can graduate with a second class upper.

5. What should come next after graduation?

What will you want to do next after leaving school?

I get to see many students graduate into confusion. They finish school and start wondering what next to do. Many also find it difficult in knowing what next to do because they failed to prepare for ‘the next life after school’.

The number one reason why knowing what you will want to do next immediately after graduation is important is because now is the best time to begin preparation.

Will it be a second degree, Postgraduate studies, Job-hunting, or Entrepreneurship?

When you don’t know what you want to do, you can’t plan or prepare. You should know by now that getting out of school ill prepared is no longer funny.

Decide on what you’ll want to do next after graduation and start to plan for it.

Now let’s talk. What other question do you recommend every student should ask?

We will succeed!

CCC:::::Richiez

90 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by oforij(m): 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
Thanks 4d info. rily appreciative coz i just got admission
*wow
finally made the FTC on NL
amazing
** see d way i dey happy like Christmas ram
dedicated to my G's from warri
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by DharmyYinks: 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
This post is really reasonable. Thumbs up OP!

Students should also ask themselves...

1. If they are getting prepared for life afta graduating.

2. Are they making the right friends who can benefit them afta skul i.e in terms of connection,getting a job.

3. If they are properly groomed in handling pressures frm der boss, in establishing dat entrepreneurial company/organisation and how prepared dey are to further develop their career.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by LMAyedun(m): 2:02am On Nov 06, 2015
Reasonable Post!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by IamMrNoble(m): 2:02am On Nov 06, 2015
Good night.. i'll read this post tomorrow
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by lordcrux: 2:02am On Nov 06, 2015
nyc post evry1 gatx to knw y he/she z n schl........ stil muah [size=50pt] Lord C on ma way to success [/size] ......im bk for gud
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by david22uu(m): 2:03am On Nov 06, 2015
Ok
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Seculent: 2:04am On Nov 06, 2015
On point!
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by KHAYGOLD(m): 2:04am On Nov 06, 2015
The primary objective of being in school is to acquire knowledge and should be given 70-75% while the remaining 30-25% should be to fraternize. Like my VC used to say “pass through school, and don't let school pass through you”
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Fidelismaria: 2:05am On Nov 06, 2015
wink grin grin sum re in skul to f**k bitches

4 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Miracle4Sure: 2:05am On Nov 06, 2015
Great........
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by googleTALK: 2:07am On Nov 06, 2015
j
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Csami(m): 2:08am On Nov 06, 2015
Interesting questions but I'm off to bed.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Thukzee01(m): 2:08am On Nov 06, 2015
Nice post thumbs up
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by gameboy727(m): 2:08am On Nov 06, 2015
Great write up. Really motivating.

In other news, Am a year older today. Happy birthday to me.

19 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 06, 2015
Wow nice thread
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by boolet: 2:08am On Nov 06, 2015
Finally everything boils down to chance and time; factors you can't control, rather than those you can. However, it's not bad to assess yourself from time to time (consciousness).

2 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 06, 2015
I want to thank my Father Mother And my parents. Goodnyt

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by xmileeasy: 2:10am On Nov 06, 2015
Most students of this time go to school for the paper qualifications without acquiring knowledge. They prefer GIGO for exams, what makes you a successful student is your ability in applying knowledge gained effectively and efficiently, time and over again with the capacity and room to increase your knowledge, capacity and skill levels

2 Likes

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by tolustx(m): 2:10am On Nov 06, 2015
Mod. Goan sleep abeg, u don try for today abi na yesterday I go talk.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Nobody: 2:10am On Nov 06, 2015
A nice article
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Moriarty01: 2:10am On Nov 06, 2015
nice
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by oshe11: 2:10am On Nov 06, 2015
k
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Niyinficient(m): 2:10am On Nov 06, 2015
Booked.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by michaelmo11(m): 2:12am On Nov 06, 2015
Nice post OP, most of the students are in school to collect the certificates, to feel among, to honour their parents, to search for life partners, etc.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by arixsto2(m): 2:14am On Nov 06, 2015
nice article congrant to our young hero in the under17championship
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by INTERMAN: 2:15am On Nov 06, 2015
shey u don dey work overnight ni @ mods Anyway christmas dey come. Make I go sleep jare
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Jskelly11: 2:15am On Nov 06, 2015
Ok
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by Generalkorex(m): 2:16am On Nov 06, 2015
Ok
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by vision2050: 2:16am On Nov 06, 2015
Some go to school to join cult after that they will be killed. a case of mapoly student that was killed recently. if you no say na bad pikin you go be for school why wasting your parent money.
Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by laprince(m): 2:16am On Nov 06, 2015
smithsydny:
I want to thank my
Father
Mother
And my parents.
Goodnyt

more like mama peace.

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer by lordcrux: 2:18am On Nov 06, 2015
Clears throat for a closing remark............ Nd dis r my closing remarks $+!| mu@# [size=50pt] Lord C stil on ma way to success [/size]....... hold ur peace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply To Les Cours Sonu University Benin Republic(admission In Progress) / Photos Of Community Secondary School Ikot Essien Akwa Ibom / When Is The Right Time To Do Your Master's Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.