Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Spam Alert: Acai Berry Pills Spam On Yahoo Messenger. Beware! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Spam Alert: Acai Berry Pills Spam On Yahoo Messenger. Beware! (2798 Views)

Acai Berry Directly From Uk In Abuja / Monavie - A Blend Of The Famous Brazilian Acai Berry / Acai Berry And Wuyi Tea! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spam Alert: Acai Berry Pills Spam On Yahoo Messenger. Beware! by rechelle(f): 11:41pm On May 12, 2009
Hey NL, Iv been getting some strange messages on my Yahoo Messenger supposedly from friends on my Friends' list/Address book asking me to click on a link to buy some darn weight loss pills. Apparently the global economic crises has led spammers or in this case SPIMMERS resort to a more aggravated means of selling their ludicrous products to the entire virtual population. What scares me is how they've managed to bypass my kaspersky realtime protection! From what i read, the problem stems not from my end but suggests that its the accounts of my friends that have been compromised. Did a lil research and here's what I found:

http://glennguden..com/2009/05/diet-pill-spam-on-ym.html

http://www.migsmobile.net/2009/03/16/yahoo-messenger-spam/comment-page-1/

http://www.esecurityplanet.com/trends/article.php/3807871/Spam-over-IM-Spim-Makes-Comeback.htm
Re: Spam Alert: Acai Berry Pills Spam On Yahoo Messenger. Beware! by impish: 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2009
Hi, thanx for the info, i also have something to add. was just scammed by the company, actually, not through yahoo msgr (which had been baffling me till i read ur post btw) but online. my sis wanted some weight loss pills, found this company, n "bought" a free trial off them using my card. just decided to google them and found that they are scammers. they have several names, pure-g, acai blast, nature source etc, and the no of people they have scammed in just the month of may is ridiculous. theyl keep chargin your account, abt $100 each time, and there's no way to cancel. ppl have reported to the fbi, bbb etc, but nothing concrete yet. wow, this economic crisis has definitely spurred these scammers on! please avoid all these rubbish pills, proper dieting and excercise shud b enuf!!! really! learn from my mistake all!
Re: Spam Alert: Acai Berry Pills Spam On Yahoo Messenger. Beware! by wanitas(f): 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2009
thanks people,

(1) (Reply)

HE / Between Coconut Oil And Bio-oil Which Is Best For The Skin? / Donate A Testicle The Payout For This Is $35,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.