Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:32 PM

Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] (3333 Views)

2016 NAIRALAND JAMB TUTORIAL {the Physics Thread } / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [mathematics Thread] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
Relationship between total cost, average cost, and marginal cost.

Average cost is obtained when the total cost is divided by the total output

Average fixed cost is obtained when the average variable is added with average total cost

Marginal cost is derived from the difference btw 2 consecutive cost which (-)total cost / (-) total output

Marginal cost is equal to average cost Wen the average cost is @ it's lowest point.

As the total cost increases, marginal cost falls up to a point where average cost is lowest

Relatnship btw variable, marginal, average variable, average fixed and average cost.

The marginal cost curve cuts the average cost curve from below @ it's lowest point

The nature of marginal and average cost curves shows that as the level of production increased both cost (marginal and average cost) decreases to a point

When average cost is falling, marginal cost is below it while the average cost starts rising marginal cost will cross the minimum point

The average fixed cost curve falls as output increases because fused cost is spread over a larger output

Short run cost is production period in which factors of production are variable and @least one is fixed in supply. In other for a firm to be in production during the short run period, the firm must be able to govern it's "variable cost". If the price of the product is equivalent to the marginal cost, it will lead to low profit unless it "average cost" is covered. Any price below average variable cost the form will run @ loss and any price above the firm will cover it's average fixed cost

Long run cost: this is a period of production where all factors are variables the short run deals with existing operation of existing production capacity, the long period decision are concerned with investment. In the long run a firm will leave industry if his price is not equal to marginal cost
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
Questions
1) Given that fixed cost is #500.00, variable cost is #1500.00 and output is #50 units what will be the average cost of producing one unit

A) #20.00
B)#60.00
C)#50.00
D)#40.00
E)#30.00

2) which of the following is regarded as fixed cost?
A) cost of fuel
B) cost of light
C) rent on land
D) cost of raw materials
E) labour wages

3)land is often different from other factors of production because it
A) is a free gift of nature
B) constitutes one- third of the entire world
C)has different grades
D) is owned by the govt
E) is owned by the individuals

4) if X= ten-ten-1 where TC= total cost and ten = unit cost then X is
A) average cost
B) total cost minus one
C) total variable cost
D) marginal cost
E) unit cost

5)revenue is the
A) total profit made after sales.
B) total money made from the sale of goods
C) values of goods minus depreciation
D) amount spend on purchases
E)cost of goods multiplied by quantity produced
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
6)Efficient utilization of resources in economics means
A) getting the most out of a productive effort
B) making payment to all factors of production
C)saving part of what is produced
D)priortiy rating of all that is produced
E) making use of all factors.

7)which of the following if not a reward of factor of production??
A) interest
B)wage
C)rent
D)subsidy
E) profit

coolaverage fixed cost is
A) average total cost less the sum of average variable cost
B) half the sum of all costs
C)total cost minus marginal cost
D) total fixed cost divided by the level of output
E) total fixed cost plus marginal cost

9)As a firm increases it's output, the average fixed cost
A) tends to rise continuously
B) remains constant
C) rises and then falls
D) tends to decrease continuously

10) an out output is 60 while fixed cost is 60 and total cost is 150 wat is the average variable cost??
A) 2.50
B)1.50
C)90.00
D)150.00
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
11)The long-run average cost curve is called planning curve because it shows what happens to cost when
A) a bigger size of plant is built
B)different sizes of plants are built
C) variable inputs are increased
D) fixed factors are increased

12)for a firm to break even in the long run, the marginal cost curve must cut the
A) average variable cost curve @ it's highest point
B) averse cost curve @ any two lowest point
C)total cost curve at its lowest point
D) average cost curve at its lowest point

13) given the cost function c=160+36Q, what is the average cost at 20 units of output?
A)#720.00
B)#216.00
C)#44.00
D)#880.00

14)In a textile factory, the cost of cotton used is a typical example of
A) an average cost
B) a variable cost
C) a total cost
D) a fixed cist

10) which of the following is true at the quantity of output here average cost (ac) per unit has reached its minimum level
A) AVC=FC
B)MC=AVC
C)MC=AC
D)AC=AFC
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by HomoSapiien: 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
Zaragal you are rushing things sad

I need to Change my jamb combination, a friend just told me Commerce will be rejected and that he wrote Government, chai, i don't know anything in Government
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by tdcministry: 8:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
This message is for those who live around Ketu, alapere, ogudu, owode, estate, oshodi and mile 12.

ZEAL ESCALATOR FOUNDATION
Are you:
A jamb aspirant? Looking for a platform to get your jamb form sponsored (free payment for your jamb application form) .
TO APPLY: send your Name, Age, Sex, Address, Phone no (what's app), Email and Religion to www.zefscholarship@yahoo.com
#information about the details of the scholarship exam will be sent to you via sms or email. #it is free #no fee for registration #please beware of fraudsters requesting for money
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
HomoSapiien:
Zaragal you are rushing things sad

I need to Change my jamb combination, a friend just told me Commerce will be rejected and that he wrote Government, chai, i don't know anything in Government

Rushing things how mbok??...I shouldn't take anymore topics shocked
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 07, 2015
There is govt thread frequent there u will do jst fyn...jst stay with me
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by HomoSapiien: 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2015
zaragal:

Rushing things how mbok??...I shouldn't take anymore topics shocked

Sorry, please continue treating those topics, i will com back to dem. I am not getting myself this evening, can't even find my scratch card again.. cry

tobiee please help, i lost my card and I need to change my combination… what do u think
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by adeluleye: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2015
All Android Phone users preparing for UTME 2016 should download UTME past questions and answers with detailed explanations, get admission and examination news update for free via: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wizcodegroup.prepa&hl=en
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by ibadanfinest(m): 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
zaragal:
11)The long-run average cost curve is called planning curve because it shows what happens to cost when
A) a bigger size of plant is built
B)different sizes of plants are built
C) variable inputs are increased
D) fixed factors are increased ans

12)for a firm to break even in the long run, the marginal cost curve must cut the
A) average variable cost curve @ it's highest point
B) averse cost curve @ any two lowest point ans
C)total cost curve at its lowest point
D) average cost curve at its lowest point

13) given the cost function c=160+36Q, what is the average cost at 20 units of output?
A)#720.00
B)#216.00
C)#44.00 ans
D)#880.00

14)In a textile factory, the cost of cotton used is a typical example of
A) an average cost
B) a variable cost ans
C) a total cost
D) a fixed cist

10) which of the following is true at the quantity of output here average cost (ac) per unit has reached its minimum level
A) AVC=FC
B)MC=AVC
C)MC=AC ans
D)AC=AFC
[b][quote author=zaragal post=39776396]
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by ibadanfinest(m): 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
zaragal:
6)Efficient utilization of resources in economics means
A) getting the most out of a productive effort ans
B) making payment to all factors of production
C)saving part of what is produced
D)priortiy rating of all that is produced
E) making use of all factors.

7)which of the following if not a reward of factor of production??
A) interest
B)wage
C)rent
D)subsidy ans
E) profit

coolaverage fixed cost is
A) average total cost less the sum of average variable cost
B) half the sum of all costs
C)total cost minus marginal cost
D) total fixed cost divided by the level of output ans
E) total fixed cost plus marginal cost

9)As a firm increases it's output, the average fixed cost
A) tends to rise continuously
B) remains constant
C) rises and then falls
D) tends to decrease continuously ans

10) an out output is 60 while fixed cost is 60 and total cost is 150 wat is the average variable cost??
A) 2.50
B)1.50 ans
C)90.00
D)150.00
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by ibadanfinest(m): 2:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
zaragal:
Questions
1) Given that fixed cost is #500.00, variable cost is #1500.00 and output is #50 units what will be the average cost of producing one unit

A) #20.00
B)#60.00
C)#50.00
D)#40.00 ans
E)#30.00

2) which of the following is regarded as fixed cost?
A) cost of fuel
B) cost of light
C) rent on land ans
D) cost of raw materials
E) labour wages

3)land is often different from other factors of production because it
A) is a free gift of nature ans
B) constitutes one- third of the entire world
C)has different grades
D) is owned by the govt
E) is owned by the individuals

4) if X= ten-ten-1 where TC= total cost and ten = unit cost then X is
A) average cost
B) total cost minus one
C) total variable cost
D) marginal cost
E) unit cost
Don't understand number 4

5)revenue is the
A) total profit made after sales.
B) total money made from the sale of goods ans.
C) values of goods minus depreciation
D) amount spend on purchases
E)cost of goods multiplied by quantity produced
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by ibadanfinest(m): 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=zaragal post=39734897]Questions:

In a centrally planned economy, the economic problem of deciding what to produce is dependent on
a) average profit
b)state command ans.
c)average cost
d) relative prices

2) In a free market economy, the price system allocates resources
a) under government's directives
b) to ensure general welfare
c) to their best alternative use ans.
d) to reduce povert

3) In a planned economy, the emphasis is o
a) public ownership and control ans.
b) prices and competition
c) individual choices and decision
d)private ownership and control

4)Economic freedom is a basic feature of
a) a market economy ans.
b)an industralized economy
c)a planned econom
d) a developed economy[/
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by ibadanfinest(m): 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
zaragal:
6)The price mechanism is more effective in achieving efficient performance of the economy than the planned mechanism because of the
A) role of supply and demand ans
B) tole of material incentive
C) existence of buyers and sellers
D) role of money

7)a major characteristic of a mixed economy is that
A) economic decision are made by both the rich and the poor
B) both primary and secondary production are undertaken
C) the federal and the state govt undertake joint projects
D) economic activities are undertaken by both the public and private sectors answer

coolwhich of these would not be included in the fundamental principles of a free enterprise economy

A) private ownership of factors of production
B) the right to organize factors for productive purposes
C) the right to make profit
D) government's control of the mobility of factors of production answer

9) which of these should determine, in a planned economy. How the factors of production are to be allocated among different production activities??

A) fairness
B) the distribution of income and wealth
C) public need which is determined by the government ans
D) private needs determined by the market

10) which of the following activities of government precludes the existence of a market economy?
A) the imposition of taxes
B) the control of the location of industry
C) the central planning of all production answer
D) the fixing of maximum prices for all necessities
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
adeluleye:
All Android Phone users preparing for UTME 2016 should download UTME past questions and answers with detailed explanations, get admission and examination news update for free via: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wizcodegroup.prepa&hl=en

Meaning bbm users can't prepare for jamb??
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
HomoSapiien

shey It's the pin you need right? If yes then click this link >>> http://jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme4/PINRecovery.aspx
They would ask for details u provided when registering jamb, fill it in and click recover pin. Write the pin down, and use it to change ur combination.
tell me if you've successfully done it.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
zaragal:

Meaning bbm users can't prepare for jamb??
[email] Lol [/email]
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
[email] Homosapiien You can only do it in a cyber cafe tho' cause it needs thumb verification. Or you just go to jamb office nd tell them abt it. [/email]
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
Pls can someone attempt does questions so we cn make corrections and explanations and move to another topic...ibadanfinest I cn see anything on ur quotes
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by ibadanfinest(m): 6:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
zaragal:
Pls can someone attempt does questions so we cn make corrections and explanations and move to another topic...ibadanfinest I cn see anything on ur quotes

check d options, I put ans in front of d right option
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
I can't see any ans ibadanfinest
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Okkk...I think finest I'd right in all the questions
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
11) At any level of output the total cost a firm equals the
A) marginal cost plus the average cost
B) fixed cost less it's variable cost
C) average cost multiple by its output
D) economic costs multiplied by variable cost
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by HomoSapiien: 9:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
Tobiee:
[email] Homosapiien You can only do it in a cyber cafe tho' cause it needs thumb verification. Or you just go to jamb office nd tell them abt it. [/email]

I have done it. Thanks bro.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Ojim07(m): 7:18am On Nov 11, 2015
Uniben 2016 Aspirants Whatsapp Group....if you re one.. quote me your number...
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 12, 2015
HomoSapiien:

I have done it. Thanks bro.
[email] You're welcome. [/email]
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Orinameh: 9:49am On Nov 12, 2015
Practice Jamb questions, get up-to-date school information, study the summary of Last Days at Forcados High School, interact with a growing community, track your progress...all on prepaapp. Download free on playstore via /prepaapp

Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [economic Thread] by Geofavor(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2015
Orinameh:
Practice Jamb questions, get up-to-date school information, study the summary of Last Days at Forcados High School, interact with a growing community, track your progress...all on prepaapp. Download free on playstore via /prepaapp
can you please post the download link. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Government Academy Suleja 2018 Admission Exercise Begins (Read Details) / Dog Receives Diploma Alongside Owner For Attending All Classes With Her / Uniuyo Remedial?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.