Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,793 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

A New Platform For Families And Career People To Share Knowledge And Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A New Platform For Families And Career People To Share Knowledge And Experience (399 Views)

Is It Right To Share House Chores Between Husband And Wife? Bamisepeters' Blog / Driversng Daily Motivation For Families / 9 Effects Of The Recession On Families And How To Cope. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A New Platform For Families And Career People To Share Knowledge And Experience by fanwosu(m): 9:39am On Nov 06, 2015
On the 3rd of November, I returned to Lagos from Abuja where I went to present to some people at the presidency on some software deals. While in Abuja, I had over two weeks to reflect on a lot of things, and strategise on what next to invest my time after my last startup ended abruptly, please don't ask me why, just guess or assume. I had that much time to reflect because the OGA AT THE TOP I went to see informed me he was travelling with Mr President to the States for the just concluded UN Summit when I was already in Abuja. So I had to stay back and wait, do I have a choice? thank God I've a bachelor cousin brother Jose, who together with his friends and girl, made sure I enjoyed my stay . . . and the rest is now history.

So I returned to Lagos on a Saturday. Took Sunday and Monday off. When I say off, I mean my laptop being turned off not because Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company refused to give light to my street but because an Igbo proverb says beta anu, beta anu bu n'ahu nnama (translated to: cut meat cut meat, na from cow body) . . . So while off and weighing which of my ideas to kickstart next, I had some challenges zeroing in on one because all of them seem pretty much worth giving a shot. But then I remembered something Jonny Ive, the genius heading Apple Designs said about Steve Jobs' definition of focus, so I quote him verbatim "What focus means is saying no to something that with every bone in your body think is a phenomenal idea, and you wake up thinking about it, but you end up saying no to it because you're focusing on something else." So with that help from Steve Jobs via Jonny Ive, I shelved the other ideas and decided to work on what has now become AMADESK.

. . . . so permit me to introduce Amadesk to you, launched on 22nd October, 2015.

Amadesk is an interacting and engaging platform that enables anyone to share their experience and knowledge by requesting Ask Me Anything (AMA). Users post AMA using hashtag to indicate what they want to be asked about, and encourage other users to ask them questions, which they reply thereby creating a question and answer interaction.

The idea behind this came from several not so good experiences I always have when trying to call on several radio and TV programmes to ask questions and not being able to get through, then I figured I can actually solve this problem which I realized others are experiencing too, by create an online platform where everyone can be able to get through to anyone who is hosting a question and answer session, and have their questions answered.

At first, I just wanted to build for people that go on TVs and radios but on a second thought, I decided to open it up for everybody. This is because everyone has some knowledge or experience that could add values to others if shared. This could be how you successfully executed on your idea, how you lost some weight, how you overcame an addiction, how you helped your kids improve their grades, how you improved relationship with your spouse, how you turned around your career, what it's like being the Media Adviser to former President, Goodluck Jonathan or on a lighter mood, what it's like being a molue conductor in Lagos . . . Just about anything worth sharing.

And to make every conversation on Amadesk easy to classify, group and track across the platform and in the future when users start growing rapidly, hashtags are used to specify what every AMA is discussing and for emphasis. This hastagging is a core functionality of Amadesk as the site is built around people being able to auto discover and join conversations around their interest globally without following, or friending anyone on Amadesk.

Some cool fellows are already having good time in this website, so hop in and join the conversation visit http://amadesk.com

From
Nwosu Friday

(1) (Reply)

Shout Out To The Product Of St'val's (feb 14). / Letter To All Busy Mothers Out Here / On Their Star Stephen Curry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.