Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria (2043 Views)

Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic / Ilupeju Lagos Landlords Prefer Indians And Lebanese To Nigerians / See What This Funke Oyinbo, Ukrainian Said About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by Emirofsambisa1: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2015
The article below is written by a Ukrainian who has lived in Nigeria and in love with Nigerian culture. It was culled from her blog, funkeoyinbopepper.com. Read below:

"I was thinking to write about it or not to write for long…But then I realized I have to because rubbish will continue. I am  that kind of person who likes to fight racism and change mindsets of people what I have been doing in my life and social networks. And here Gbammm! Indians! Nice expierence… Up to 95% of them in Nigeria are not sincere people and racists. Nothing go change them and attitude of Nigerians to them! Fake Indian smiles don’t work!

Indians can stare! Ah ah..My ‘love’ for them started few years ago when I visited clubs in Lagos once in a while. Anytime I entered a club some Indians would just stare at me and not even blink for many minutes. I was like ‘Gerrara here shiitt mehn’…I can never forget how one Indian stared at me like a pervert. My Nigerian friend said ‘Dont mind them and pretend you dont see’. Later I found out they stare with that pervert looks in India as well. India is among countries with the highest rape rates.

Bloody racists! Last time I worked in Nigeria with Indians and can say with 100% assurances no white tribe in Nigeria is as racist as they are. All my Nigerian friends told me ‘dont even try working with them. Indian? Hell no’. Nigerians  hate them  and there are reasons for that.  If you are an Indian, abeg google now such words as“abolitionism”, “anti-racism”, “Martin Luther King” for the beginning. I know you people dont show racism in companies in US but in Nigeria you do. Abeg google word ‘racial segregation’because thats what you do by having a seperate canteen for blacks and for half oyinbos as you are. I was the only white person who ate with black people in a building where over 100 Indians work. I did it intentionally to show you that for me all people are equal, I differentiate people only based on their brain quality. I asked one half oyinbo girl ( I mean Indian) who worked there for two years ‘Have you ever been to that canteen?’. She said ‘No’. She has not been there in my opinion because deeply inside she knew somebody from her tribe could see her and laugh or say something malicious. And of course there is no AC.  One day oga said ‘How are they there? Do they like food?’. Only because of me they knew the food was crap and changed the cooks. Oga was very good but limited by his culture or dont know how to call it. Which century be that? Na wa oo… I need seriously start shooting movies. What am I talking about? They have racism even inside India, racism of  castes and skin color as well. In Nigeria it will continue because Nigerians don’t speak out –  financial slavery and no belief in justice system. I sabi them.

5% of Indians in Nigeria are nice people. I was driving with one guy like that and he told me he plays football with Nigerians, and he likes the country and so on. His friend saw me coming with him and asked some questions. I replied the guy is nice, he is really blending with Nigerians. The reaction was a mocking smile. I was like ‘For real? Is it a crime? Keep your mouth shut with them. That’s the reason number three.

Indians are experts of gossiping! Gossiping is their life. They cant live without it. It was the reason why I stopped getting close with them. They know everything about you and spread the information faster than lighnening. Gossip gossip gossip! Indian, learn this word ‘AMEBO’ that’s how you should be called  in Nigeria. The reason is their culture is closed. They always stay together in their Indian group and need something to talk about. There is a good rule in multinational companies ‘to speak one language that everyone understands’. They completly ignore that rule and feel sorry for Nigerians to hear their gossping in their Hindi or other languages. By the way for you Indians – Nigerians are not fools and they see from your gestures when you talk about them.

If I live in Nigeria soon I promise I go lock all of you if I still see that segregation canteen despite your statuses and money. I will make a big public noise. I can’t tolerate it. You people have to change and you my Baba Buhari adopt antiracism laws. I’m not joking oo about antiracism laws. You have to protect your citizens and economy as well. I know no Indian company who does serious charity like building schools or orphanages, but they do it in India on money made in Nigeria. It is called Socially responsible business when a company is collaborating with the community, NGO, government to make impact in the society where they make money.

Enough for today… I dont think this post will change any Indian but my only one request is – some oyinbo companies in Nigeria forget that your segregation canteen phenomenon. Fine. You dont eat amala or plantain. Take your food. There is a psycological thing – during sharing food and smoking people feel open, talk and share more ideas."

Anna is a Ukrainian fondly refered to as Funke Adamma Ebiere Iniabasi Khadidja aka Funke Oyinbo Pepper. She is a linguist, culturologist, project manager, blogger & public activist. In her words, "I dey for Naija since 2011. I promote a positive image of Nigeria and Africa in general. I am going through a wonderful journey of learning African cultures."

http://hype9ja.com/2015/11/funke-oyinbo-i-hate-indians-living-in-nigeria/

Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 06, 2015
This is beautiful. Brainy Ukrainian.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by no1madman(m): 10:29am On Nov 06, 2015
i 4 like Mouth Gig. . .
Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by fr3do(m): 10:34am On Nov 06, 2015
Drop hate, embrace love
Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by FunkeOyinbo(f): 10:57am On Nov 06, 2015
Im always for love. wink I truly believe its 21st century but some things just dey surprise.
fr3do:
Drop hate, embrace love
Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by Emirofsambisa1: 11:03am On Nov 06, 2015
The orientation need to change.

Cc lalasticlala
Afam4ever
Ishilove
Cutehector

Kindly do the needful. Thanks
Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by godofwar666(m): 11:09am On Nov 06, 2015
White gal jist trying to make money like Lindaikeji's blog
Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by fr3do(m): 11:20am On Nov 06, 2015
FunkeOyinbo:
Im always for love. wink I truly believe its 21st century but some things just dey surprise.

Some things really have to change, but the article should be titled 'I hate some Indians living in Nigeria' for the sake of those 5% that are nice.

One love.
Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by KelvinKelt(m): 11:30am On Nov 06, 2015
You have the heart of an angel, God bless u dearest! I'm yet to have an encounter with anyone from India. When I finally do, I pray de experience wont be negative.

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by justwise(m): 11:31am On Nov 06, 2015
fr3do:

Some things really have to change, but the article should be titled 'I hate some Indians living in Nigeria' for the sake of those 5% that are nice.

One love.

Done.

@FunkeOyinbo hope you don't mind that little modification? As you indicated in your article not all Indians are like that
Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by londoner: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Well done for addressing this. But does she know what Nigerians suffer in her native Ukraine?
Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
godofwar666:
White gal jist trying to make money like Lindaikeji's blog
na wich one dey pain u for inside? Op dey yarn serious matter but wetin dey ur mind na linda ikeji.na wa for u oo.
Re: Ukrainian Funke Oyinbo Says SheHates some Indians In Nigeria by achodave(m): 9:40am On Nov 21, 2015
This is very sad,imagine Indians being racist to us in our own country.

(1) (Reply)

Help Out!!! Angola Visa/work Permit / Transportation Cost From Abuja To Kaduna, Pharocurt / Life As An Illegal Immigrant In Greece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.