Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Somone Fearfully Postponing Wedding Date Might Just Need To Read This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Somone Fearfully Postponing Wedding Date Might Just Need To Read This (1147 Views)

Sex Stories: Is It A Sin To Read Them? / See How Joe Praise Proposed To His wife-to-be; PLUS Wedding Date & PICS. / Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somone Fearfully Postponing Wedding Date Might Just Need To Read This by Alexk2(m): 11:40am On Nov 06, 2015
I read this this wonderful testimony of what faith in God can do....i'm sure it will encourage someone.

Segun Coker added 4 new photos — with Solape Coker.
20 hrs • Edited •

Ours is a down to earth story of faith... Its 10years today I went to Ijebu Awa to pick a wife!!

First I had my first attraction to Solape in 1995 when i was to audition her to join the choir as the chief organist... She failed my auditions and i encouraged her... then we became friends with several great distances coming in between from time to time. I resolved she was the one and proposed in Sept 19, 2003...after several quizing, scrutinizings, praying, checking and re-checking by Pst. Lanre Adeboye and Co. Twas the first time I would ever propose marriage. Eventually got engaged same year and set July, 2005 as the year by faith.
We had some notable disagreements particularly bothering on respect and reverence from my own side as I was the son of a chief even though the chief had died by the time so on one of those days during a serious disagreement which made me decide not to talk to her again, her father eventually agreed to meet me and I angrily went to meet him with her... As we sat before her dad still frowning and looking away from each other, the 1st question was the bomb: My daughter said you want to marry her, Is that true Twas supposed to be a simple question, but at that moment, twas a Jamb question. I felt like saying; Me??.. I paused, still angry, yet from somewhere deeper than feelings: I said Yes!
Then twas 2005 and our set time July was here... No job, no money, tho not sitting idle, just struggling to do anything that i could do from video coverage to computer lesson, computer purchase for people, etc Wedding was the last thing yet i knew deep within me that strange feeling: IT WAS TIME!! She was ready no matter what... I wasnt from the state of things!! My mum was still busy with the job hunt and was both dissapointed and scared i had been drugged or jazzed when i mentioned marriage... Family members scorned while a few had meetings with me to convince me that I was acting stupid... Even me agreed that I was stupid but that the stupidity was in line with the one who uses stupid things to confound the wise...

My friend Pst. Dele Osunmakinde also encouraged me as I went to his house and saw his sitting room with two plastic chairs and I bed, all other places, near empty after few months of marriage...Morin had to stand as we sat on the two available chairs. That made me feel we were at least many who were stupid... I would mention it, keep quiet, mention it again... till the forces of prayer and the will of God moved everyone critical behind it... then we all became as stupid... and went for introduction with our son who has finished NYSC and still critically looking for job... God used my uncle Remi Okunlola to really encourage me as he followed me for the introduction all the way from Lekki, pulling his weight behind my risky decision.

I'm from a wealthy family but since my step did not relate well with common sense, asking for support would be asking for mockery. I trusted God... never asked anyone for a dime but I prayed like STUPID! to stupor! I decided to marry on November 5th, spent the last 7k in my account to pay for some cheap invitation cards...my way of burning the bridge to unleash faith!!
I prayed for Aso- Oke... it didnt come till the deadline given me by our agent. Was praying when a brother sent came to my door, saw me praying and turned back, the Lord tapped me to attend to him and he apologised and said someone sent him to give me some money from UK. I remember telling him to always feel free to disturb my prayers for such reasons... Twas Tosin Olajide... from the Olajides. That was the Aso Oke balance... a sample of how it all came.

I prayed for the house and got a vision of how it looked like and where but when i got there i saw nothing like it and told the agents as if i had money... No such house was seen until amazingly in the same area on the Friday morning i was preparing to travel to wed... Since this stupidity had been working for me... I just flowed on... ( Hmmm i think i still flow with that stupidity). Interestingly my brother from the US , wondering why I did not even ask for anything offered a financial gift the night before that paid the first deposit of the house.... Lines just crashing on line...
Former Ogun State governor Segun Osoba, my name sake then who calls me Pastor, sent 50k. This encouraged my mum as she percieved things were showing signs of the involvement of God. Millionaires in my family just stood wondering while some were annoyed till date i didnt come to them. I was dancing to a music that had no audible sound. To the point that when we got close to the engagement ground, Abraham asked how much did I put in my Aso Oke to give in the ceremony... Amazed I asked, " Would they ask me for money?" He couldnt believe there was no money in the big cloth. It was then he confessed God asked him to give me fresh notes in an envelope and he reached out and gave me at the door of Solape's father's house. Even my wife was shocked when I was spending!!!
How much would i count?? Even at honeymoon in Premier hotel, I requested to see the manager on Bro Tope Adaramola's referal and told her i wanted an extra night to which she offered me 50% discount, I rejected and insisted on 100%, Shocked she was at such a request , so shocked that she just said... allow him!... This Stupidity...hmmm

Now the marriage, I've risen from Grass going further in grace... Not where I am going, but in 7months, i had gotten a job, In 3years, We had moved to our own house, bought cars and lived better. Solape .... a unique personality that can train any man of God to have to conform to Jesus!! I dont think i have argued with anyone more or gotten annoyed with anyone more, or even sparked or raked at anyone more... Solape is not like me at all...I love people, she loves her privacy...but the hard truth is: She's my fit. A teacher to the point that she'ld almost teacher me with the children and I have to continually remind her, am not one of her students... but since we started at the lowest point, the only direction left for us to go... is higher!!

Marrying Segun Coker is not beans... with over 4000 ladies registering for the National ladies camp, You dare not be the jealous type, else your grave is dug!! Seeing others take the time you really crave for and yet, you are to entertain them and encourage them to keep coming till their blessing matures... a man that may never grow fat no matter how good you feed him... Yet his foremost passion is not even you but HIS GOD!!
I wrote all this to encourage someone out there who also presently feels stupid... Above all i wrote this to celebrate my wife. We dey vex well well, me i no dey pose... but when I say I love this woman... I mean it.. I LOVE SOLAPE and this love taught me how God loves!! its 10years and sincerely its like no big deal... We dey... and we go still dey dey!! like say the days no dey go!! Celebrate Mrs. Olusolape Olateju Ayoka Coker
Please feel free to share... Someone feeling stupid or fearfully postponing wedding might just need to read this!!
Segun Coker
www.schoolofvirtue.org

I didnt include pix because i have right to do so...... i hope this will bless someone out there.

seun, lalastica; i strongly believe this need to be in front page.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Somone Fearfully Postponing Wedding Date Might Just Need To Read This by kilode100(f): 11:41am On Nov 06, 2015
Too long..
Yawns

3 Likes

Re: Somone Fearfully Postponing Wedding Date Might Just Need To Read This by PastorandMentor(m): 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2015
Nice. Please do some editing.
Every great thing begins with a step. No building without a foundation.

1 Like

Re: Somone Fearfully Postponing Wedding Date Might Just Need To Read This by yomi007k(m): 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
Someone pls summarize...

I suspect its gona be crap anyway.
Re: Somone Fearfully Postponing Wedding Date Might Just Need To Read This by Kingmee: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
Someone pls summarize...

I suspect its gona be crap anyway.

When nobody is forcing you to read it....
Re: Somone Fearfully Postponing Wedding Date Might Just Need To Read This by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
@OP, God bless you for this testimony. I myself can relate to the awesomeness of God too cos mine was a similar story. I met my wife to be for the first time December 21, 2014, did the introduction on the 10th of January 2015. I had wanted to wait till whenever I was "ready" in the human sense before fixing our traditional/ white wedding date but eventually both were fixed for 9th of April even though I had not a single dime of the cost of both ceremonies on me as at then with both my accounts empty.
But to God be the glory, both ceremonies went on very well for it is in our poverty that God shows himself wealthy on our behalf. I ended up not spending a single dime on both ceremonies for God to his eternal glory touched 4 people whose financial contributions covered the cost of everything.
I was tempted to shift my wedding because I felt I wasn't ready financially but I instead I prayed to God to be my wedding planner and financier, and God being ever faithful and able did not disappoint me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Somone Fearfully Postponing Wedding Date Might Just Need To Read This by anukulapo: 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
I know what it is like. God got me sorted. All the money I needed was supplied. I spent less than 100k of my personal money. The rest,people contributed without me soliciting.

1 Like

Re: Somone Fearfully Postponing Wedding Date Might Just Need To Read This by Kingmee: 6:58am On Nov 07, 2015
I love this. It can only be God @ work. He just never fail.
"..because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.....
but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty" 1 cor. 1:25,27.

What a testimony!

(1) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Breaks Guinness Book Of Record / Bme 2: Obedience Is More Acceptable Than Sacrifice / Why Is Valentine's Day Haram For Valentine ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.