Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. (34050 Views)

Jay-Jay Okocha With English Premier League Trophy In Lagos (Photos) / Why Chelsea May Not Lift The English Premier League Title Come May...... / 10 Reasons Why Golden Eaglet Will Lift The Trophy In Chile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by lakesidepapa(m): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2015
Christmasdon:
,hey,friends, statistics or may be history is so vital when it comes to playing football. Now here are the three reasons why we (golden eaglet may not be able to win/won the trophy)

1. The malians are unbeaten in this competition. They have won 5 of their overall matches and drew one, while the eaglets won 5 and lost one. you see that the malians have high odds of beaten the eaglets.

2. Remember, the golden eaglets are the defending champions UAE 2013 ,so lifting the trophy back to back may as well witch haunt us, like that of the Uefa Champions league, no team club have lifted it back to back, you know what i mean,

3. The Golden eaglets and the Malian teams are two big rivals, remember when the pair met at the under17 African championship finale, they comfortably did beaten us hands down on a penalty shoot-out and hence won the Trophy. If care, is not taken such scenario may repeat itself.

4. This is the first time the Malians are getting their hands near a trophy on the international level,and they may not likely want to let it slip off their hands. Malians are very dangerous opponent, bring on any other team at this level, i would say yes, buh! Malians fear them.

5. The golden eaglets have won this trophy 4 times, the 4 trophies were mainly won on the ASIAN SOIL or continent, so, the golden eaglets have never won this competition outside Asia. So you see where the malians have their advantage over eaglets. So, with this stats you see that the malians will do better in this competition. So, as a Nigerian lets pray very well to make sure we beat the Malians, Meanwhile , defiling all odds of this stat. Thank you. Lets support the eaglets.

MALI17 VS NIGERIA17 on sunday (i.e tomorrow) 8th november 2015. Kick-off time. 11pm.

I go slap u from here, 1.2014 world cup, Argentina carried unbeaten form to the final and was beaten by ones beaten germany.

2. Brazil had won this cup back to back. Check ur history.

3. 2013 africa u17, ivory coast won the africa tourney but they crashed out in the group in the latter world cup. So world cup is another tourney entirely.

4. Mali will loss to the defending champion and the 4 times champion, experience is the best teacher and we knw how to do it.

5. All these Asian soil syndrome na wash, this is football, 11 against 11 and the better 11 will carry the day.

Fly high my dear Eaglets
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by VISTIN(m): 11:56am On Nov 07, 2015
You're contracdicting the whole stuff.

You've concluded we'll not win, and gave 1-5 reasons.

You didn't even say "5 Reasons why Nigeria MAY not win", but WILL.

If that's your conclusion, why then are you asking us to pray?

Note: Football is not like that, 90 minutes will decide.
Good luck to my GOLDEN BOYS.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by waistaa(f): 11:57am On Nov 07, 2015
sammie771:
@OP, your reasons are baseless.Why did i say so?

1. Nigeria U17 did not play Mali U17 in the African U17 championship Final.Nigeria lost to south africa at the semi final.Mali and south africa played
the final.

2. Winning U17 back to back is 100% possible.Brazil did it.Check your record.

3. Nigeria can still win U17 outside Asian continent.

4.Don't be surprise if nigeria beat mali up to 3 goals.

I rest my case
. No one has won U17 back to back ooooo,
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 07, 2015
adioolayi:
Why Golden Eaglets will win...I have just one reason and it's the real reason..

Malians have never won international competition at world stage.... Eaglets are 4times champion... We've got the experience.. Malians are unskilled here...so Golden Eaglets will break records..going for GOLD and nothing else!

Up Eaglets!
Up Nigeria!

No mind the OP. Nigeria will win, i have no doubt about this. smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Sagamite(m): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2015
Christmasdon:
,hey,friends, statistics or may be history is so vital when it comes to playing football. Now here are the three reasons why we (golden eaglet may not be able to win/won the trophy)

1. The malians are unbeaten in this competition. They have won 5 of their overall matches and drew one, while the eaglets won 5 and lost one. you see that the malians have high odds of beaten the eaglets.

2. Remember, the golden eaglets are the defending champions UAE 2013 ,so lifting the trophy back to back may as well witch haunt us, like that of the Uefa Champions league, no team club have lifted it back to back, you know what i mean,

3. The Golden eaglets and the Malian teams are two big rivals, remember when the pair met at the under17 African championship finale, they comfortably did beaten us hands down on a penalty shoot-out and hence won the Trophy. If care, is not taken such scenario may repeat itself.

4. This is the first time the Malians are getting their hands near a trophy on the international level,and they may not likely want to let it slip off their hands. Malians are very dangerous opponent, bring on any other team at this level, i would say yes, buh! Malians fear them.

5. The golden eaglets have won this trophy 4 times, the 4 trophies were mainly won on the ASIAN SOIL or continent, so, the golden eaglets have never won this competition outside Asia. So you see where the malians have their advantage over eaglets. So, with this stats you see that the malians will do better in this competition. So, as a Nigerian lets pray very well to make sure we beat the Malians, Meanwhile , defiling all odds of this stat. Thank you. Lets support the eaglets.

MALI17 VS NIGERIA17 on sunday (i.e tomorrow) 8th november 2015. Kick-off time. 11pm.

Typical reasoning of a product of a failed education system.

You actually thought this made sense when you composed it?

E no go better for the Mama Piss-type people who are running and ruined the nations education system to the point we are churning out fuuktards like you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Deepsky(m): 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
The Golden Eaglet is gon'win by the special grace of God
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by phabulux: 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
Christmasdon:

Your Champions League analogy is indicative of Poor research as I'll attèmpt to show below:

Real Madrid won that trophy five times back to back from 1956 - 1960

Benfica did the honours in 1961 and 1962

Inter was victorious in 1964 and 1965

Three times, Ajax belied you:1971, 1972, 1973

Bayern Munich would not be outdone: they won it from 1974 - 1976

Liverpool and Nott'm Forest got in from England from 1977 - 1980. It was two times back to back for either side.

Tired yet?

AC Milan, then, stole the show in 1989 and 1990.

Lovexme is also correct. Brazil has won it twice: 1997 and 1999.

I hope that helps.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2015
Christmasdon:
I disagree with the winning back to back stuff.did Argentina not win back to back Olympics.

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Lovexme(m): 12:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
waistaa:

My friend, Brazil has.

Google it!
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by herald9: 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
The OP just wants to suppress our pride, to prepare us for the unexpected.
He meant well cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Lovexme(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
phabulux:

Poor research!

Real Madrid won that trophy five times back to back from 1956 - 1960

Benfica did the honours in 1961 and 1962

Inter was victorious in 1964 and 1965

Three times, Ajax belied you:1971, 1972, 1973

Bayern Munich would not be outdone: they won it from 1974 - 1976

Liverpool and Nott'm Forest got in from England from 1977 - 1980. It was two times back to back for either side.

Tired yet?

AC Milan, then, stole the show in 1989 and 1990.

I hope that helps.

You're on the wrong thread, bro.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by ezigr8(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
come on guyz we can do it and we will do achieve that feat....the trophy is ours cox it's our birthright. go get it!
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by tallfish145(m): 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
To be candid,this Mali side is good. It wont be a smooth ride for the eaglets at all. I may stake my bet 4.5 odd Malians to beat eaglet on regulation time
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Leyejosh(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2015
adioolayi:
Why Golden Eaglets will win...I have just one reason and it's the real reason..

Malians have never won international competition at world stage.... Eaglets are 4times champion... We've got the experience.. Malians are unskilled here...so Golden Eaglets will break records..going for GOLD and nothing else!

Up Eaglets!
Up Nigeria!

In addition, Mexico never lost a match till we(golden eaglet) thrashed them. Also we might have won 4 previous trebles on Asian soil, come to think of it, d ref that officiated the Nigeria Mexico was an UAE national(an Asian), so? He has validate our triumphant.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by ipreach: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
You are one of those of progress we have in country.
Any one praying against us winning this cup back to back is an enemy of progress and enemy of this country, Nigeria
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by emmywiseone(m): 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
All those facts you are bringing up dosn't changes the way the play... If ur belive is we wount win.. Oyo for u oooo, up nigeria
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by supereagle(m): 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
denkyw:
there is only one reason why they will not lift the trophy and that is Buhari , that guy is bad luck and a failure am disappointed to tell you that Nigeria won't lift the trophy........ blame Buhari.
If you have been born when Nigeria first won it, Buhari was Head of State. We won YOSFON under 19 then.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by afrikaa: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
IYANGBALI:
he is a biafran
Biafrans are not pessimists. smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Exqire: 12:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
Big lie forget statistics, it doesn't count always, let's use their current formation and conclude
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by DOCTORDONE: 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2015
@OP. You have been bought!! UP Golden Eaglets!!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by basty: 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
Christmasdon:

Man is not God and so I am afraid.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by prisiluv(f): 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
Op dat ur numba 5 reason is D most funny dere....lolz...we will win,nd wen we do,move to mali!
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by kgr8mike(m): 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
Who posted this nonsense? Even if we are not going to win(which we will) must we be defeated before the competition. This post should be removed. Nigerians are optimists, we don't think otherwise.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2015
Christmasdon:

Your post is medicore. History would be made once more.

Nigerian team is very technical and tactical and would defeat Mali tomorrow.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by phabulux: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2015
Lovexme:

You're on the wrong thread, bro.

Am I?

Point number 2 of the op.

2. Remember, the golden eaglets are the defending
champions UAE 2013 ,so lifting the trophy back to back may
as well witch haunt us, like that of the Uefa Champions league,
no team club have lifted it back to back, you know what i
mean,

You remember what he wrote about Champions League?
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Mekyno(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
waistaa:
be sure of ur record, soccer babe.
Brazil won it in 1997 n 1999.
By God grace, we will follow suit 2moro/next 2moro.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Burger01(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2015
A very sound 2 - 0 victory in favour of the Eaglets irrespective of any baseless analysis that won't hold water.

We are winning! God win for the Eaglets.. smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by rexsid(m): 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
Segadem:
u have spoken my mind. Kudos

i concur ....
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by stchinedu: 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
Sijo01:
Why's op being negative?
because he is a MALLAM from MALI grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
it can go both ways... chances are 50:50.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by MrBONE2(m): 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
Christmasdon:

Am afraid,The Great One just spoke to my bones that five goals will be scored during the match,the cue given is that the team to score during the second half will win the cup while the other team"lossers" will end up crying like sisi.grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Golden Eaglet Will Not Lift The Trophy In Chile. by collinsworth(m): 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2015
Your reasons lack merit and r pure speculations at best. You mentioned that no team has won the U17 world cup back to back. You need to do ur research properly before u make ur assertions. Brazil has won it back to back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Healthy Living With Amara Kanu Launched (Photos) / Sani Kaita Celebrates His 29th Birthday Today / Can this £475m Man United Line-up Lead Erik Ten Hag To EPL Success?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.