Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,049 members, 7,825,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Icky_v - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Icky_v (572 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Icky_v by ickyv: 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hi there, thanks for viewing my post. It's scenes that flash in my head that I'm documenting here...so... comments would be very much appreciated.

And here's a sample...comments would go a long way in determining continuity, so please do drop a comment for a Naija bro grin

*Huffing and panting, his eyes bulging, he held his handgun to his chest the way a scared lady clutches her bible...the night was long with death lurking in every corner... any wrong move and that would end him...he flashed back to when he was the innocent kid who used to play chess with his father...his father's smirk when he made efforts to win...his white teeth...now the grin was getting wider...his face was splitting in half already...he was seeing the grin of death himself...

"Damn!" John called himself back to reality...the gbana was doing it's work...it was inducing hallucinations...not even drugs could trick him into believing death wasn't around the corner...

Now, he knew he what it meant to have someone's heart in their throat... he was going to be killed in some abandoned warehouse outside the town...

John thought to himself, wiping some sweat off and grinning in frustration, "dear gbana is even amplifying the fear...does anything ever work in my favour?"

And then again, he was snapped out of his thoughts by the approaching flashlights... Rasco's men where closing in on him already..."shit!"...now whimpering and muttering prayers or whatever they were, he said to himself, "Akin said I wasn't cut out for this shit"...his clothes were wet with his sweat, "mummy..."...the lights got closer..."God please"...closer..."Jesus"...closer..."Bleep! Bleep! Bleep!"...

he cocked the gun and rose up abruptly, surprising even himself and dashed out facing the lights, shooting without aim, screaming things he couldn't
comprehend...BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM....BLAM...CHKABLAM!...everything,voices and lights, all fading into darkness...

............... ................... ................. .................. ..............

The smell of the morning doze of hemp woke him up...the guys were around... laughing like on a normal day... Akin saw him wake up and greeted him with a cheer...the others also hailing him...
"Brozie, how na? Why u wan go die li' dat?"
"lol...na omo butter na...hn tink say na James Bond movie"
"omo eshu!"
John, though somewhat relieved he was with his own people grimaced in confusion... they'd saved him?
Akin walked towards him, toothpick in mouth...he smirked and squatted beside John's mat
"You know, John..you've got more lives than a cat", standing up, he added.."you killed them all."
Re: Icky_v by Osaze20091: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2015
So Wonderful,Dont Tell Us It End Here
Re: Icky_v by ickyv: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
Thanks, Osaze...God bless my schedule and cause me to not lose interest in the story...'cause my plan is to just post random scenes from different ideas in my head...I don't think I can keep up with posting the same story...head cramped up...schedule stuff...any possible excuse...
Re: Icky_v by ickyv: 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
(think fast)///// You're soarin' in the red sky, Angels and Demons fly by swingin' at each other at godspeed. Weapons clash and spirit bodies get slashed, no blood outside the earth, so don't get abashed. You 3D maneuver hoping not to get bashed.
The Angels are fightin' a winnin' battle, demons a losin' one - but they all wanna go down swingin'. Two realms flash into sight. God Realm far up and Helios beneath. Or is it Helios above and God Realm beneath? You can't know, kiddo, 'cause the world is spinnin' around you - most likely it's you spinnin' around like a top.
Gravity seems to exist even in the place of the livin' and dead with Hell's gravity unbalancing your balance.
Hell's flickerin', Heaven's beaming deadly rockets and flashes on disembodied Angels. All goes black...
................……………………………………………………………………………
<whisper> wake up..wake up... you made it...
Re: Icky_v by ickyv: 11:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
This is for fans of the medieval...I'll try my best bringing a war to life...and please comment...it helps

The drums were loud, too loud to make any man think of the death he was about facing. Even my fears were suppressed merely hearing the war drummers beat as though victory was ours; they were in a frenzy.
The battle lines were drawn, there was no going back. Death stared us in the face and we were going to embrace it, no, kiss it. I could swear I smelt fear in the battle lines of the Crestons but their emotions were hidden by distance and their helmets. They stood calm and unflinching in their resolve to shed blood.
During my observations, the drums suddenly stopped. The silence more deafening than the sound of the drums themselves. The wind blew the grass of the plains gently. Our banners flew with the wind, revealing the symbol of a black griffin silhouetted on a yellow flag with black linings. The sigil of our Lord, Jonecus Griffinwood.
Our army of a thousand men consisted of a hundred horsemen, all armed with shields, swords and lances, including our captain, Astus. Fifty bannermen, all on mount, having the banners as lances and still armed with swords and shields. Fifty drummers on foot, armed with shield, sword and spear. a hundred archers armed with swords. The rest of us were footsoldiers having shields, swords and spears.
Our formation had the commander in the front line with the cavalry in ten columns directly behind him. The archers stood next in two long rows behind the cavalry for maximum coverage. Then came us, the infantry standing behind in ten columns. The drummers and banner men randomly littered our battle lines with even spacing.
I heaved a sigh and prayed to Mother Nature under my breath to spare me - the prayer of a desperate fool. Who said She was in support of war? Besides, he who survived had killed at war.
I shifted uneasily in my oversized black sleeved yellow uniform, afraid to look sideways lest fear be sensed in me...
Captain Astus raised his lance hand and my throat tightened. The archers had moved in between the cavalry, raised their bows and were ready to fire. This was it. I could hear my heart thud against my ribs with a silent noise. This was it. The horsemen had poised behind their shields, lances forward as though to joust. My first battle. The infantry were ready....
"Fire!!!"

To be continued
Re: Icky_v by ickyv: 1:08am On Nov 10, 2015
"FIRE!!!"
On cue the archers released arrows into the air that rained down on our enemies.
"Attack!!!" Astus pointed his lance at the enemy who already had their shields up defending themselves from the rain which had less effect than I had hoped for. I gulped as the cavalry rode forward screaming, leaving the archers behind. The infantry followed suit with battle cries and screams. I shrieked like a savage and advanced, shield at neck and spear stationed above, like a joust on foot.
I rushed forward, having a sick feeling when I saw our enemies still in position, forming a phalanx with lances pointing at us to guard against attack, with the Captain barking out commands I couldn't hear above the battle cries of my comrades.
He rode about on his horse, in front of the battle lines as we closed in, then raised his right hand. His army responded and arrows flew at us, catching the cavalry places that made them fall off their horses. I saw a horse break it's neck in a sault when it's rider had been shot off balance. Men were falling around me screaming their last as arrows pierced them, those not careful enough to guard with their shields.
But our horsemen rode on and broke through the phalanx, horse knees crashing against shield and pike.
The battle had begun.

To be continued... comment as u drop by please

(1) (Reply)

The National Cake (my First Play In Pidgin) / A Peek At Simon / Save The Writer, Save The World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.