Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

To The Mothers,I need help o. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The Mothers,I need help o. (6405 Views)

6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children / Surprise The Mothers This Sunday / Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Mothers,I need help o. by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 09, 2015
Please I need some advice.

Wifey has been 2months pregnant,she isn't feeling fine at all.we were in the hospital yesterday,she was attended to by the doctor,yet as at this morning,she isn't feeling fine..

She complains of headache,and general body weakness..

1.Please what can I do to help her,cos it seems she's undergoing pains despite the doctor's prescription which she takes regularly.

2. Is it normal to have this symptoms of headache,and general body weakness during pregnancy?

3.Which home remedies aside drugs or medication can I give her to help her before my mum comes around later today.
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by LewsTherin: 9:33am On Nov 09, 2015
The first 3 months suck something major. Especially if it's the first pregnancy. In my case, my Lady was pregnant for 2 months plus before we knew as we were just too busy. We thot her "illness" was stress related. Trust me, that period was one of the worst of our lives

I don't think there is anything medically you can do and if there is, I don't think you should. She needs as much rest as possible. Take the load of her as much as you can. Do the cooking if possible. Keep her as stress free as you can. Generally, just be there for her. After the first trimester, she should be a lot better.

By the way, why is your mum coming to stay?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 09, 2015
LewsTherin:
The first 3 months suck something major. Espe ially if it's the first pregnancy. In my case, my Lady was pregnant for 2 months plys before we knew as we were just too busy. We thot her "illness" was stress related.

I don't think there is anything medically you can do and if there is, I don't think you should. She needs as much rest as possible. Take the load of her as much as you can. Do the cooking if possible. Keep her as stress free as you can. Generally, just be there for her. After the first trimester, she should be a lot better.

By the way, why is your mum coming to stay?
she's not coming to stay,just to see her,cos I have used calls to disturbed her.can't sleep till this morning,can't even go to work.

Her mum isn't around for now.
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by LewsTherin: 9:40am On Nov 09, 2015
Yomieluv:
she's not coming to stay,just to see her,cos I have used calls to disturbed her.can't sleep till this morning,can't even go to work.

Her mum isn't around for now.

Ok. Fear thou not. These things shall pass. Just comfort her as much as you can. Is this your first?

1 Like

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 09, 2015
LewsTherin:

Ok. Fear thou not. These things shall pass. Just comfort her as much as you can. Is this your first?
yes.

Am confused gan.

Asin have been pacing the room since morning. She's vomited thrice now..
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by LewsTherin: 9:52am On Nov 09, 2015
Yomieluv:
yes.

Am confused gan.

Forgive me but I am laffing my head off right now!!!! Welcome to the club. Console yourself with the thot that you are doing better than Chelsea (except if you are a Chelsea fan. Then you own na double wahala for deadi bodi)

Download the app My Pregnancy Today. It's a great app to help you both umderstand what is happening, what to expect and what you can do about it. But everything she is going through now is perfectly normal. If it wasn't, the doctor would have said so. I believe it's worse in the mornings and evenings so rush through as much work as you can in the afternoons so you can comfort her. It's just a phase.

3 Likes

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 09, 2015
LewsTherin:

Forgive me but I am laffing my head off right now!!!! Welcome to the club. Console yourself with the thot that you are doing better than Chelsea (except if you are a Chelsea fan. Then you own na double wahala for deadi bodi)

Download the app My Pregnancy Today. It's a great app to help you both umderstand what is happening, what to expect and what you can do about it. But everything she is going through now is perfectly normal. If it wasn't, the doctor would have said so. I believe it's worse in the mornings and evenings so rush through as much work as you can in the afternoons so you can comfort her. It's just a phase.
yes,she felt better yesterday morning,only to develop feverish condition in the evening..

I will download it..I swear she's sleeping now,I have made pap for her to take.

Not easy bro,thanks.

2 Likes

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Onegai(f): 9:58am On Nov 09, 2015
e yah. But this is pregnancy. I used to wake up with headaches and sleep with headaches.

Maybe something is triggering her headaches like smells (even perfumed soap is craze-inducing). Why not take a load off her, no cooking or cleaning
Just sit with her and maybe cuddle and watch a movie. Help her to the bathroom to clean up after she throws up. Give her dry bread or crackers to. keep. some food in her stomach. Talk about the baby, discuss names, rub her feet. Keep the room cool.
There's no cure for MS so buckle up smiley
And don't abandon her to your mum. She needs you, not your MiL.

9 Likes

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by LewsTherin: 10:02am On Nov 09, 2015
Onegai:

There's no cure for MS so buckle up smiley

What's MS?
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by chii8(f): 10:14am On Nov 09, 2015
Lol...
1st tym daddy,its just a phase,preggy women often act drama at each stage,since this is her first trimester,you're yet to see d second n third drama episode

remedy:be strong n confident urself,d woman is lookn up to u n stop being a shaky shaky daddy

1 Like

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by chii8(f): 10:15am On Nov 09, 2015
LewsTherin:

What's MS?
morning sickness
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Onegai(f): 10:20am On Nov 09, 2015
LewsTherin:

What's MS?

Morning Sickness
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by desirel: 11:02am On Nov 09, 2015
it takes a lot of hormones to make a child... her body is making the hormones that will help your child to developed and grow, that's why she is feeling so poor..... i don't know why the doctor gave her medication, as this "sickness" is normal. what does she needs is rest and plenty of liquids... and if she cannot hold water or tea, juices, try non-alcohol beer- it's working for some of us and it doesn't affect the baby!
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by GodnGold: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2015
For her vomitting,try crackers biscuit first thing in the morning before brushing her teeth.Then let her rest properly.
don't make her eat what she doesn't want to.
This will ease on the vomitting.
Then let her take warm glasses of milk as she can tolerate.
Take it one day at a time and keep ur visits to d doctor's regular incase she needs fluid (that is if the vomitting gets too much).
One day at a time brother! one day at a time!
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by ehinome4hushM(f): 12:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
pls get her ginger tea,it eases morning sickness. get her lots of fruits/farm fresh yogurt to suit her system so the puking can reduce. Pls encourage her to eat slowly and chew every bit well before swallowing, and After eating make sure she sits upright. pls encourage her not to take any drugs for now so her body can begin to adapt to her growing baby. don't worry it will pass in the 12th week,but don't allow this affect your job,cos when baby finally comes bills full ground. just make sure your fridge is stocked with all the stuffs wifey needs while you are at work.. encourage her to be strong!!

1 Like

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
ehinome4hushM:
pls get her ginger tea,it eases morning sickness. get her lots of fruits/farm fresh yogurt to suit her system so the puking can reduce. Pls encourage her to eat slowly and chew every bit well before swallowing, and After eating make sure she sits upright. pls encourage her not to take any drugs for now so her body can begin to adapt to her growing baby. don't worry it will pass in the 12th week,but don't allow this affect your job,cos when baby finally comes bills full ground. just make sure your fridge is stocked with all the stuffs wifey needs while you are at work.. encourage her to be strong!!
thanks,problem is don't know if she can stay home alone.

I have lost much today by not going to work..

And nobody to stay home with her,cos she's very weak.

I have turned to cook overnight. Home chores is done by me now entirely..
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by ehinome4hushM(f): 2:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
Yomieluv:

lol,don't be scared she'll be fine with all I have mentioned. the only drug she can take is paracetamol to stop the fever/headache while you go to work.. yes,you'll have to do the chores for now so she won't be stressed. Nw you know to be a woman isn't beans abi,even the chores go tell you say we dey try.. take care

2 Likes

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Zuriela: 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
Yomieluv:

She'll be fine, just pregnancy blues. I'm goin thru same now(my 2nd though) taking water melon, amstel malt n yoghurt helps me alot.
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by prissyluv(f): 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
Laugh wan finish me here. See as this daddy dey para left and right. E go better,u hear? Na wetin u put there dey react.

2 Likes

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Acidosis(m): 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
You mean all women pass through this? Including our grand moms in the village? You mean they all ate crackers biscuit as been suggested on this thread? grin

Your wife will be perfectly fine joor. So many single moms survived it without a physically present "dad." Just do your best sir, she'll come out strong.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Friday18: 8:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
Don't even think of any home remedies. It might complicates the forming stage. This is her first trimester,and times like this she'll feel more pain cos of the process of formation. All you need do is to be there for her. There'll be constant nagging, complains and all sort of that, just ignore them and focus on the baby you'll be having together. Constant ante- natal should not be ignored. And follow whatever the doctor says. By the second trimester you'll enjoy her. Congrats on your new bundle of Joy.
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Yomieluv:
yes.

Am confused gan.

Is she pregnant with twins. Twin pregnancy is hell. I used to vomit even when I drank water. I lost a lot of weight when I was pregnant
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by 5minsmadness: 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
Yomieluv how is your wife doing?

Apart from the paracetamol I want to believe the doc gave her folic acid and something for the vomiting. If she vomits to the point of being so weak she cannot stand up and move around then maybe you should consult the doctor again.

Like others have told you on this thread na so e dey be. This phase will pass. Other phases will come.

Goodluck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by teeboo: 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
Get her pregnacare, it'll give her d essential vitamins she needs daily .and help with appetite too,help her with house chores at d same time talk to her to pull herself together,pregnancy will weigh her down and make 1 appear as a sickler wen u don't pull ursef and determine to be strong, else naso she go dey sick till she born,let her understand u're no complaining but what if she's working and need to get to work too
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by gbonjubade2(f): 9:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
fem29:

Is she pregnant with twins. Twin pregnancy is hell. I used to vomit even when I drank water. I lost a lot of weight when I was pregnant

U are absolutely right that's the question am about to ask him same thing happen to me wen am pregnant with twins it was hell and the thing did not stop till I gave birth it get worse each day
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by DWJOBScom(m): 9:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
ehinome4hushM:

I think this is the mother of all advice
especially keep the job as bills will come o
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
5minsmadness:
Yomieluv how is your wife doing?

Apart from the paracetamol I want to believe the doc gave her folic acid and something for the vomiting. If she vomits to the point of being so weak she cannot stand up and move around then maybe you should consult the doctor again.

Like others have told you on this thread na so e dey be. This phase will pass. Other phases will come.

Goodluck.
she's using pregnant-care..she's good now. am relieved. My mum is here with us.
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by GHoJes: 10:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
Go to health section, you will see a thread on pregnancy, you will also get answers for the questions behind this one, else na so so thread you go open yet you never start.
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
gbonjubade2:

U are absolutely right that's the question am about to ask him same thing happen to me wen am pregnant with twins it was hell and the thing did not stop till I gave birth it get worse each day

Hi fellow twin mum. Twin pregnancy is hell ish. Extreme tiredness, nausea all day long, spitting every where every minute, heart burn (I had to sleep siting up), terrible pains in my side and hips. In fact ehn....
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by LewsTherin: 9:40am On Nov 14, 2015
Hello Yomieluv , how's the missus doing? Hope she's fine. Hope you are no longer stressed out of your head too. Let's know how you guys are doimg if you don't mind

1 Like

Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Gigihealth: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
Morning sickness symptoms are often characterized by nausea, which sometimes comes with or without vomiting. Morning sickness is another name for nausea that occurs during pregnancy. Click on the link below to know how long morning sickness lasts.
http://www.gigihealth.com/morning-sickness-symptoms-how-long-does-morning-sickness-last/
Re: To The Mothers,I need help o. by Smhart1(f): 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2016
My boo @blackfire come and learn so ours would be easier

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Meet The First Man To Give Birth To A Baby (photos) / Pls Come In And Judge This Case BTW I And My Man / Merry Christmas Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.