Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI (2164 Views)

Who Has Used A Phone With A Very Long Lasting Battery? / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
Abeg make una nor curse me o. I just wan share testimony with una.

I was updating my HTC one M7 to lollipop yesterday evening with my friends spectranet hotspot device, and the updates where too much, asin after an update of like 723MB, I got several other unending updates. The spectranet got interrupted and stopped downloading, the software update paused automatically awaiting when a wifi hotspot comes on again..

As I was going home, (trekking) I was getting numerous notification from my WIFI, displaying different available WIFI hotspot in that area, so I tried my luck with more than 20 different wifi hotspot , and got lucky with one. The name of the hotspot was "mhizpressy". So you can imagine its one of these dumb skull ladies we have around that uses a phone of more than 100k and knows nothing about its functions(can't even put a password to her phones wifi hotspot).

Na so I relax for the spot o, resumed my software updates and downloaded all the updates, twas more than 1gig sef. And even downloaded 2games of 1.2gig. The download speed was at 1.2MB per/sec, I don't know which network she's using.

Like I said, make una nor curse me o, na my luck shar. Thanks to the babe.
Btw, na festac town for lagos I dey currently.

PS, make una nor reason say I nor see money take subscribe for data o. Na naija we dey. Awoof coz am!!!

10 Likes

Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by bufness(m): 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
bruh u wicked grin[center][/center] grin

1 Like

Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by MadCow1: 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2015

2 Likes

Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
ok

3 Likes

Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Youngpo413: 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
Maybe its a Cafe cos an average naija lady don't have much data on their smartphones.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Emeka71(m): 4:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
stupidity:

I was updating my HTC one M7 to lollipop yesterday evening with my friends spectranet hotspot device, and the updates where too much, asin after an update of like 723MB, I got several other unending updates. The spectranet got interrupted and stopped downloading, the software update paused automatically awaiting when a wifi hotspot comes on again..

As I was going home, (trekking) I was getting numerous notification from my WIFI, displaying different available WIFI hotspot in that area, so I tried my luck with more than 20 different wifi hotspot , and got lucky with one. The name of the hotspot was "mhizpressy". So you can imagine its one of these dumb skull ladies we have around that uses a phone of more than 100k and knows nothing about its functions(can't even put a password to her phones wifi hotspot).

Na so I relax for the spot o, resumed my software updates and downloaded all the updates, twas more than 1gig sef. And even downloaded 2games of 1.2gig. The download speed was at 1.2MB per/sec, I don't know which network she's using.

PS, make una nor reason say I nor see money take subscribe for data o. Na naija we dey. Awoof coz am!!!
Smart guy.
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Emeka71(m): 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
stupidity:

There is free Wi-Fi in some banks.
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by RealAdewole(m): 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
not bad now oppurtuinity comes but once
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by alexx187(m): 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
cheii ....badt guy.... ;Dcheii ....badt guy....
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hmmm...... someone smartly got into WARDRIVING by luck and scored big. Nice.

But please, to you lucky ones, many innocent looking Open/Free Hotspots can also contain what some of us know as, HONEYPOTS.

Be afraid, live long and prosper DIGITALLY.
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by kingzx0(m): 10:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
Ure lucky, but if it was virus infested, or hackers purposely opening the wifi to steal private files, then bro na different story e for be.
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Elxandre(m): 11:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
You suspected it was a naive lady's Wi-Fi, but you went ahead and even downloaded games, possibly ruining her hard earned monthly subscription at one greedy sitting.

I know Nigeria is a very religious country, but the dishonesty we encourage is just incredible.

Everyone thinks you are smart when you take advantage of people, but you all complain when politicians take advantage of you, not understanding that the politicians are a reflection of the society.

God help you unfair people.

14 Likes

Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by collinsdata: 11:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
kk
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by akwana: 1:31am On Nov 10, 2015
Elxandre:
You suspected it was a naive lady's Wi-Fi, but you went ahead and even downloaded games, possibly ruining her hard earned monthly subscription at one greedy sitting.

I know Nigeria is a very religious country, but the dishonesty we encourage is just incredible.

Everyone thinks you are smart when you take advantage of people, but you all complain when politicians take advantage of you, not understanding that the politicians are a reflection of the society.

Relax, I think he meant he had sex with someone.
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Baroba(m): 2:08am On Nov 10, 2015
Elxandre:

There is nothing religious about Nigerians, the country is full of hypocrites and bible bashing criminals... As a people we get the government we deserve, the average Nigerian politician is no different from the man on the street..

5 Likes

Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by khalhokage(m): 5:26am On Nov 10, 2015
And you're obviously proud that you stole from someone.

2 Likes

Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 10, 2015
EFCC need visit you, dats unfair of you. As a gud guy, u for just update ur software and go rather dan deplete the person data.
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by MrBONE2(m): 6:54am On Nov 10, 2015
stupidity:

my guy,you are too clever,in my area i did so such that i get 600mb to 3gb daily,infact "in Ebele Goodluck Jonathan Voice" there is nothing wrong since you are in Nigeria!guess what Stealing/tweaking/hacking is not Corruption..Na ya Luck Shaka,may Great One"GOD"forgive our sin induced by Bad leadership in this our Con3 shaka.grin
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by MrBONE2(m): 6:57am On Nov 10, 2015
Emeka71:
There is free Wi-Fi in some banks.
Even Hospitals and Govt GRA areas.
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by fr3do(m): 6:58am On Nov 10, 2015
Wickedness in high places
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Emeka71(m): 7:14am On Nov 10, 2015
MrBONE2:
Even Hospitals and Govt GRA areas.
Bravo so I can take laptop to those areas and work but is the Wi-fi unlimited or password.
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by MilesLamar(m): 7:40am On Nov 10, 2015
maybe she Just wanted to hlp the poor
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Joel3(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2015
hey. I often on my WiFi all the time. even right now it's on. but I set the limit to 1 device. how do I password it. I see where to put pin. don't really understand...
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Elxandre(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2015
akwana:

Relax, I think he meant he had sex with someone.
No, you didn't read the post I guess.
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Panshow(m): 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
The girl might not even subscribed. You may be using her money directly. Maybe her account balance reach like 80k.
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by habeeblai244(m): 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
Lol,
smart nigga
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by Raphoeworld: 12:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
OPERA MAX TO BE INTEGRATED ON OVER 100 MILLION ANDROID SMARTPHONES BY 2017 http:///1HHxVkB
Re: How I Updated My Phone With Unknown WIFI by ewizard1: 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
franciskaine:
EFCC need visit you, dats unfair of you. As a gud guy, u for just update ur software and go rather dan deplete the person data.
lmao! #smh
grin

(1) (Reply)

Tips To Stop Smartphone Addiction. / Tecno Boom J8 Leaks And Rumours / This Is Why The Itel S31 Is Described As The Phone For Fun Loving Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.