Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,802 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

20 Stars You Didn't Know Were Adopted - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 20 Stars You Didn't Know Were Adopted (992 Views)

Top Nollywood Stars You May Not Know Are Dead (Pictures) / Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. / 10 Celebrities You Probably Didn't Know Were Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Stars You Didn't Know Were Adopted by Akell(m): 8:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
[size=20pt]Steve Jobs[/size]
The late Apple CEO was given up at birth in 1955 and quickly adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs, a San Francisco couple who were unable to have children.
[size=20pt]Jamie Foxx[/size]
The Oscar winner was adopted by his maternal grandmother when he was just 7 months old.
[size=20pt]Marilyn Monroe[/size]
Marilyn Monroe was born Norma Jeane Mortenson on June 1, 1926. Her mother, Gladys Baker, was mentally unstable and financially unable to care for her, so she placed her with foster parents whom she lived with until she was 7. Not long after her mother attempted to get Marilyn back, she suffered a nervous breakdown and was hospitalized; Marilyn was then declared a ward of state and her mother's best friend, Grace McKee, became her legal guardian. That only lasted for a few years, and Marilyn was sent to the Hollygrove orphanage in LA - and then a series of foster homes - before returning to Grace McKee's home.
Unfortunately, Grace and her husband were about to move to the East Coast and could not take Marilyn with them. They approached the mother of a neighbor, James Dougherty, about him marrying Marilyn. They tied the knot just weeks after she turned 16 so that she wouldn't have to return to foster care or an orphanage.
[size=20pt]Faith Hill[/size]
The country crooner was adopted as an infant and grew up in rural Mississippi. It wasn't until she moved to Nashville to embark on a singing career that she decided to search for her birth family. She has since said of the journey, "I have a lot of respect for my birth mother. I know she must have had a lot of love for me to want to give what she felt was a better chance."

(1) (Reply)

24yr Old Nigerian Declares Himself The New Messiah (jesus Christ) [PICS+VIDEO] / Sp0ilt Naija Babe Feeling Herself See What She Shared Online (photos) / Dija And Her Significantly Long Neck Causes A Scene At The Headies 2016 Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.