Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. (2965 Views)

MTN Announces Tariff Increase On Data From 1st December As Directed By NCC / What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? / "Pay N780billion Fine By 31st December" - NCC To MTN Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Tonway(m): 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
Welcome to friends of Nigeria @ http://friendsofnija..com.ng/?m=1

The other day, I caught a reply on a thread on Nairaland, the Nigerian online forum where a member threw a jab below the belt at MTN, following the fine that was slammed on the tele-communication giant for inappropriate business practices.
“MTN, how market” the online forum member demanded, sarcastically to his peril.
While the unsuspecting public are here feeling that MTN, a South African company, whom no Nigerian citizen or a Nigerian business can try a quarter of the criminal and dubious activities she perpetrate here in Nigeria deserve the penalty, the telecommunication giant have concluded plans to continue stealing, even more from unsuspecting subscribers to pay the fine without feeling the pain or loss a thing.
The other day I made a 15 seconds call on my trutalk plan, which they said is supposed to be 11kobo per second, and I was deducted a whopping N22. Can you believe that? There is also the case of the sms of free offer for a ring tone, and criminally laden promos, which either you accede to it or not, they would start billing you indiscriminately.
The other day one of the South African companies’ customer representatives called me from their GoTV company to enquire if I am enjoying the service they’re rendering, and I was categorical in telling the dude to go to hell with their criminal company. So sorry I wasn’t that nasty to the fellow, whom I discovered are only helpless and only surviving, but I was quick to point out to the guy that those guys can get away with every atrocities against the Nigerian unsuspecting customers because of the collaborations of most of our people, who encouraged them that they can get away with whatever they do. #GODBLESSSNIGERIA.

For more visit http://friendsofnija..com.ng/?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Omotayor123(f): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
MThiefN!!!! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
Tonway:

The other day, I caught a reply on a thread on Nairaland, the Nigerian online forum where a member threw a jab below the belt at MTN, following the fine that was slammed on the tele-communication giant for inappropriate business practices.
While the unsuspecting public are here feeling that MTN, a South African company, whom no Nigerian citizen or a Nigerian business can try a quarter of the criminal and dubious activities she perpetrate here in Nigeria deserve the penalty, the telecommunication giant have concluded plans to continue stealing, even more from unsuspecting subscribers to pay the fine without feeling the pain or loss a thing.
The other day I made a 15 seconds call on my trutalk plan, which they said is supposed to be 11kobo per second, and I was deducted a whopping N22. Can you believe that? There is also the case of the sms of free offer for a ring tone, and criminally laden promos, which either you accede to it or not, they would start billing you indiscriminately.
The other day one of the South African companies’ customer representatives called me from their GoTV company to enquire if I am enjoying the service they’re rendering, and I was categorical in telling the dude to go to hell with their criminal company. So sorry I wasn’t that nasty to the fellow, whom I discovered are only helpless and only surviving, but I was quick to point out to the guy that those guys can get away with every atrocities against the Nigerian unsuspecting customers because of the collaborations of most of our people, who encouraged them that they can get away with whatever they do. #GODBLESSSNIGERIA.

Abeg stop spreading lies. MTN true talk plus was increased to about 20k/sec before the ban, secondly those pop sms and calls are from their VAS which had be one ever since inspite of subscriber's plea to stop them, thirdly MTN wouldn't increase call rate as it would attract another fine, fourthly MTN would end up paying less fine after negotiation because other foreign investors are watching. Infact about 5 popular tv carried the news. NCC categorical stated that the fines were to serve as warning to all service providers that disobeys orders from the commission.
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
Mtn are the biggest thief I know!!

Na thunder go scatter them angry

worst part be say upon the huge fine, them fine them, them still dey do 'be a millionaire' promo undecided ijiotz

1 Like

Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Tonway(m): 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Abeg stop spreading lies. MTN true talk plus was increased to about 20k/sec before the ban, secondly those pop sms and calls are from their VAS which had be one ever since inspite of subscriber's plea to stop them, thirdly MTN wouldn't increase call rate as it would attract another fine, fourthly MTN would end up paying less fine after negotiation because other foreign investors are watching. Infact about 5 popular tv carried the news. NCC categorical stated that the fines were to serve as warning to all service providers that disobeys orders from the commission.

Are you holding brief for MTN, can MTN said to be innocent of these accusations? Oga!
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
Tonway:

Are you holding brief for MTN, can MTN said to be innocent of these accusations? Oga!
.Am not holding anything for MTN. it's the plain truth

1 Like

Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by cooldays(m): 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Tonway(m): 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Mtn are the biggest thief I know!!

Na thunder go scatter them angry

worst part be say upon the huge fine, them fine them, them still dey do 'be a millionaire' promo undecided ijiotz

Na make them for usam steal people moni na
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by RealAdewole(m): 11:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
asuustrike2009:

after sending call me back this is. what i got, will you say this also is not from emptyhen

Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 10, 2015
RealAdewole:
after sending call me back this is. what i got, will you say this also is not from emptyhen
I didn't say MTN doesn't send pop or flash messages. What am trying to buttress is the fact that op is trying to mislead people to say that MTN wants to pay their fine via increase in call tariff that took place before the ban. Those experiencing hike maybe those on MTN zone bla bla because I wouldn't advice anyone to join that dynamic plan. The flash message you saw was an advertisement, it is left for you to accept or decline. it is only when such message pop up asking you to click ok and you mistaking respond,that is were I would agree with him.

1 Like

Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Tonway(m): 3:14am On Nov 10, 2015
asuustrike2009:

I didn't say MTN doesn't send pop or flash messages. What am trying to buttress is the fact that op is trying to mislead people to say that MTN wants to pay their fine via increase in call tariff that took place before the ban. Those experiencing hike maybe those on MTN zone bla bla because I wouldn't advice anyone to join that dynamic plan. The flash message you saw was an advertisement, it is left for you to accept or decline. it is only when such message pop up asking you to click ok and you mistaking respond,that is were I would agree with him.

Nehi! What I am trying to say is that MTN had been screwing us for too long with no one to the rescue and are still screwing us.
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Yemzeez(m): 6:30am On Nov 10, 2015
That is what you get from collaboration of Executive Armed Robbers!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 10, 2015
one thing I know for sure is that MTN is going to steal the money from their subscribers through different means with back up excuses they will give the subscribers for deduction of their money from their account.
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 10, 2015
Tonway:

Nehi! What I am trying to say is that MTN had been screwing us for too long with no one to the rescue and are still screwing us.
Yea but there are alternatives
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Stephansmily(f): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2015
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by OGeeKush(m): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2015
exactly! for the past few weeks, mtn just dey deduct my credit anyhoe, for plans i didnt subscribed to... MTNPlay, corrrect english nd so on, plz how do i stop it
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by ddjay: 10:45am On Nov 10, 2015
Tonway:

u see,even after ds nonsense mtn is doing,some nigerians are still loyal and FAITHFUL as if mtn is Jesus Christ or Mohammed,allowing the thieving network to use them,with the so much poverty in the land this same gullible nigerians are the reason top mtn staff are driving suv's and own massive property and the south african economy booming.i saw a reply by one southafrican on the net,the guy was braging about mtn getting that money back within one month after payment.guy tnx for ds info. angry angry angry angry angry our people dey vex me nobi small o
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Ulrich01(m): 11:08am On Nov 10, 2015
you people are just shouting MTN are theives, MTN is this, MTN is that. am not in support of them. but yet if we look it, Millions are still using this network and people are still buying their sims daily.. If them dey thieve your money, break your sim grin, throw it away grin and move to another network grin. Simple case solved grin grin.. We keep complaining everyday and it still remains the same everyday.
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2015
Ulrich01:
you people are just shouting MTN are theives, MTN is this, MTN is that. am not in support of them. but yet if we look it, Millions are still using this network and people are still buying sims daily.. If them dey thieve your money, break your sim grin, throw it away grin and move to another network. Simple case solved grin grin
I wonda self, port to another network na wahala, buy anoda sim na wahala. They are showing their hatred on MTN yet they still use the network as if dem point gun for their head to use MTN.
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2015
icedbeatz:
one thing I know for sure is that MTN is going to steal the money from their subscribers through different means with back up excuses they will give the subscribers for deduction of their money from their account.
bros u are 100% correct, I didnt know Mtn are cruel thieves until 2 days ago. I subscribed for a 4.5G data plan at #6500 which wud expire after 30days. After using it 4 less than 2wks, I was told that my data has exhausted! No downloading, just my normal surfing, then how come did the 4.5G varnish in less than 2wks? Mind u I subscribe to this plan on monthly basis and I always have atleast 1Gig to roll over into the nxt month even when I download heavy stuffz.......Its possible they might av given me a plan worth #2000 only 2 freeze away with the remaining #4500. I doff my hat for mtn and their scamming techniques

1 Like

Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 10, 2015
asuustrike2009:

I wonda self, port to another network na wahala, buy anoda sim na wahala. They are showing their hatred on MTN yet they still use the network as if dem point gun for their head to use MTN.
bro trust me when I say this ur mentality is too wack, have u ever heard of the word Accountability? so how does me breaking my sim and porting 2 another netwrk stop mtn from stealing from nigerians, wen u know that everbody can't just port 2 other networks. for the sole fact that they are doing gud bizness in nigeria means nigerians deserve better 4rm dem. Its either they step up in delivering standard n sincere services 2 nigerians or they pack and go! I have 2 hold dem responsible for whatever services I pay for and not about breaking my sim....Abi dem point gun 4 dia head to do bizness in nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Youngpo413: 11:49am On Nov 10, 2015
Ulrich01:
you people are just shouting MTN are theives, MTN is this, MTN is that. am not in support of them. but yet if we look it, Millions are still using this network and people are still buying their sims daily.. If them dey thieve your money, break your sim grin, throw it away grin and move to another network grin. Simple case solved grin grin.. We keep complaining everyday and it still remains the same everyday.
they complain all they want but it won't stop MTN from still having the largest numbers of subscribers...all of them should check their contact list,95% will be MTN,that shows how great that company is...God bless MTN-NG.
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Youngpo413: 11:53am On Nov 10, 2015
Omotayor123:
MThiefN!!!! embarassed
but you are still addicted to the thief right?how absurd...I'm sure your major line is MTN.
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Rapaltar(m): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2015
As far as simple server n bblited still rocks.... na even playing ground....
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Omotayor123(f): 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
Youngpo413:
but you are still addicted to the thief right?how absurd...I'm sure your major line is MTN.
Come to think of it, it's totally absurd grin
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Castroii:
bro trust me when I say this ur mentality is too wack, have u ever heard of the word Accountability? so how does me breaking my sim and porting 2 another netwrk stop mtn from stealing from nigerians, wen u know that everbody can't just port 2 other networks. for the sole fact that they are doing gud bizness in nigeria means nigerians deserve better 4rm dem. Its either they step up in delivering standard n sincere services 2 Nigeria or they pack and go! I have 2 hold dem responsible for whatever services I pay for and not about breaking my sim....Abi dem point gun 4 dia head to do bizness in nigeria?
Is MTN the only network in Nigeria? Don't we have alternatives? Is MTN better than etisalat? So if you don't like MTN, you leave them and join another network as all these hatred wouldn't stop them for exploiting their subscribers. If you, John, peter, Amina e.t.c move to another brand, they would sit up and perform better. Dem non force use mtn so abeg park go anoda network make enough space dey.

1 Like

Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by metys69: 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
asuustrike2009:

It's always good to stick to what you know. When you say the 'truth' at times you might be saying so much 'truth' and probably end up contradicting yourself. You mentioned earlier that MTN has increased their Trutalk rate to 20k/second and went on to say MTN can't increase their tariff as it would attract another fine. My brother I have some questions for you; are you the one running their business for them, that they can't increase tariff? Or are you NCC sanctioning the fine? Further more about your comment; what BAN are you talking about? The VAS you mentioned was it setup by GEJ or GMB or you or your father,or is it a virus that can't be erased? was it not set by MTN themselves? undecided I am yet to comprehend your argument in this post. Anyway so far, your argument has been base-less and should I remind you that this post is about the way MTN has conducted their business in recent times of which I have been a victim of. And I must say it's quite shameful for MTN to behave in this manner. I hereby challenge you to provide evidence of all you have said so far.
Re: Exposed, How Mtn Plans To Pay Their 1.4 trilion Naira Fine By Ncc. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
metys69:

It's always good to stick to what you know. When you say the 'truth' at times you might be saying so much 'truth' and probably end up contradicting yourself. You mentioned earlier that MTN has increased their Trutalk rate to 20k/second and went on to say MTN can't increase their tariff as it would attract another fine. My brother I have some questions for you; are you the one running their business for them, that they can't increase tariff? Or are you NCC sanctioning the fine? Further more about your comment; what BAN are you talking about? The VAS you mentioned was it setup by GEJ or GMB or you or your father,or is it a virus that can't be erased? was it not set by MTN themselves? undecided I am yet to comprehend your argument in this post. Anyway so far, your argument has been base-less and should I remind you that this post is about the way MTN has conducted their business in recent times of which I have been a victim of. And I must say it's quite shameful for MTN to behave in this manner. I hereby challenge you to provide evidence of all you have said so far.
Here are my facts
1. Visit NCC website on their act
2. Approval of tariff or promo is from NCC e.g NCC stop MTN from charging 11k/sec on MTN True Talk because they didn't get the approval although it latter changed
3. NCC asked MTN to raise their rate being the major leader to make the market competitive
4. Fines are imposed if any service provider disobeys order from NCC
5. The rate of 20k/sec was a directive from NCC and not MTN of which most of her subscribers didn't notice it. Some saw in form of flash sms when checking their account balance. Secondly part of their terms and conditions categorical stated change in tariff will occur from time to time with or without customer's awareness. Check you leaflet in your sim pack to confirm that

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Fix My Phone Infinix Hot 6 / New Operamini 4 Beta 2. / This Is The Gionee S Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.