Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date (1427 Views)

Man Kills A Python That Entered His Window In Lagos (Photos) / Microsoft Announces Windows 10 Pro For Workstations / How To Install Window 7 Through Flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by Kericoo(m): 8:09am On Nov 10, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-7PdIcLFUMbs/VkGMNYeMjII/AAAAAAAACqM/M0He_PfPfVU/s400/WINDOW%2B7%2BEND%2BDATE.jpg[/img]
Microsoft has got big fans for their older window 7 Operating System than the recent window. Window 7 is more user friendly and with simple interface. Microsoft has silently announced the end date for Window 7. In respect to this, the end date will affect the sales of computers with the Operating system pre-installed, it was also announced that users of the operating system shall stop receiving support in a further date.

However, in reference to their windows lifecycle fact sheet pages, October 31, 2016 will be the end for the sales of new Window 7 professional machines from authorized sellers. The support for the OS ended January this year; that is mainstream support, while January 2020 is the extended end support date.

Before the end of Window 7 pro it is said that window 8 pre-installed machined will have leave the market but has crazy end of life schedule too. Window 8 retail sales will cease on June 30,2016, while Window 8.1 machines is said to stay a little longer, though ending on the same date as the sales of Window 7 pro machines which is October 31. Window 8.1 conventional support end date will be on January 2018, while January 2023 is the end date for its extended support.

Interestingly from the Lifecycle fact sheet, Window 10 main support is said to end in five years; extended support terminates in ten years. With this updates it is obvious that Microsoft is planning for a service pack updates for Window 8 and Window 8.1

Source: http://www.naijatechworld.com/2015/11/microsoft-announces-end-date-for-window-7.html
Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by Kericoo(m): 8:10am On Nov 10, 2015
Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by nigeriancuban: 11:59am On Nov 10, 2015
everyday I'm seriously praying for Android to come up with something much more deepening and sophisticated so one can leave windows and their wahala once and for all...if its not harddisk fault with pc then its blue screen of death,I'm just sick and tired of these pcs
Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
nigeriancuban:
everyday I'm seriously praying for Android to come up with something much more deepening and sophisticated so one can leave windows and their wahala once and for all...if its not harddisk fault with pc then its blue screen of death,I'm just sick and tired of these pcs
Wetin concern Android OS with Windows?
Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by nigeriancuban: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
Karmanaut:

Wetin concern Android OS with Windows?
ahhh e concern oh,big time and I know say 5years from now Windows go find their rival so that their shakara go stop
Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
nigeriancuban:
ahhh e concern oh,big time and I know say 5years from now Windows go find their rival so that their shakara go stop
Windows is an OS for PCs, Android OS is for mobile phones.
Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by nigeriancuban: 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
Karmanaut:

Windows is an OS for PCs, Android OS is for mobile phones.
read to understand don't read to reply,go back to my first post and get it into ybh

1 Like

Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by paranorman(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
nigeriancuban:
read to understand don't read to reply,go back to my first post and get it into ybh
unfortunately, or should I say fortunately for MS, they will continue to improve on the OS builds, especially W10. You wait till MS fully implement the OS unification...
Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by nigeriancuban: 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
paranorman:

unfortunately, or should I say fortunately for MS, they will continue to improve on the OS builds, especially W10. You wait till MS fully implement the OS unification...
trust me the world is fast spinning and there will soon be a pc os to override windows if not Android then it will be some thing else,and I will be the happiest man to witness it.windows is just too full of shit,if virus is not crashing your os then its spoiling hard disk ..
even the pcs are now the worse with problems day by day and the pc engineers growing richer while the users can't even enjoy their consoles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by Kericoo(m): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
nigeriancuban:
trust me the world is fast spinning and there will soon be a pc os to override windows if not Android then it will be some thing else,and I will be the happiest man to witness it.windows is just too full of shit,if virus is not crashing your os then its spoiling hard disk ..
even the pcs are now the worse with problems day by day and the pc engineers growing richer while the users can't even enjoy their consoles

seconded..... sad
Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by inereunwa1(m): 6:34am On Nov 11, 2015
[quote author=nigeriancuban post=39875883]ahhh e concern oh,big time and I know say 5years from now Windows go find their rival so that their shakara go end can't wait
Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by paranorman(m): 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
nigeriancuban:

no, not in few years time will some firm come up with something to rival MS. In my ranking, MS is the most indispensible tech firm, a day can't go buy without one using one of their products esp in business envoriments, schools, e.t.c.
If 10 apps were released today, at least 4 would be suited for the windows platform.

1 Like

Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by Hysmady(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
Too early for dis now...Many industries and companies use win7 dan it's counterparts

1 Like

Re: R.I.P To Window 7-microsoft Announces The End Date by nigeriancuban: 7:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
paranorman:

no, not in few years time will some firm come up with something to rival MS. In my ranking, MS is the most indispensible tech firm, a day can't go buy without one using one of their products esp in business envoriments, schools, e.t.c.
If 10 apps were released today, at least 4 would be suited for the windows platform.
just chil and don't hold your breath,in a few period windows will find their competition and then they stop seeing their users as pawns

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I.t. Technician Needed Immediately / Candid Advice From Dopc(direct On Pc Users / I Need Solar Power For My House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.