Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

The Fear Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fear Of God (386 Views)

Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians / The Fear Of End Time And How To Overcome / Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fear Of God by inkon: 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
My God is awesome!

I am that I am, is his name.

The Ancient of days, who created all things but nothing created him.

While we walk at the threshold of sin, He is patient and slow to anger.

There were chapters of the holy bible that I had read several times over without any deep understanding of the word. I recently revisited the same books with a different mindset entirely. This time, there was this element of total submissiveness emitting from my heart. It happened after a serious challenge which took place at my working place, that resulted in all the affected to beg the HR for days in a bid for reconsideration, so much so that some had to go on their knees. What happened after all? She refused to lift a finger in our defense.

I came home and was like, if we can beg a woman like this, who finally gave no heed, what about God Almighty? Just then I realized how sinful I have been. I read the Old Testament and I saw why God had to punish Israelites for their disobedience.

Those who serve devil are always careful not to offend him, even in the least ways, because if they do, the penalty is always grave. But those of us who are so lucky to be counted among the children of the Almighty God often abuse the privileges given to us. Imagine making a promise to God and breaking it eventually. Who among us can break his promise, made one-on-one to the president of this country, especially when your promise is something you can afford? I guess none! Here we are talking about the one who created all the presidents in this world, dead and alive and those to be born. I was guilty of this terrible crime and I felt deeply bad about that.

My point in summary is that God is kind yet fearsome. He is merciful yet just. Those who worship him should endeavor to do so in spirit and truth. Try not to offend God and he will bless you with more things than you need.

Be blessed in Jesus name. Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Our Main Concern / A Point Of Correction To Note / Come Forth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.