Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,365 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets (35121 Views)

Katsuya Takasu Arrives Nigerian Team's Base In Order To Fulfill His Pledge / Kehinde And Taiwo Awoniyi's 19th Birthday Celebrated By The Ex Eaglets Striker / Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by handie(m): 6:24am On Nov 11, 2015
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has assured 1985 Golden Eaglets, who first won the U-17 World Cup, that his administration will fulfill the promises made 30 years ago during a reception held at Dodan Barracks with the players, in celebration of their outstanding victory.

In a statement by the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, Buhari said he decided to fulfill the pledge, having been informed that a directive, which he gave to the state governments at the time had not been complied with.

“It is a pity that those promises were never fulfilled. It is unfortunate that our players, who did us proud on the world stage went unrewarded for their efforts, despite a presidential directive to the state administrators that they be honored in their home states.”

According to Shehu, of the various promises made to the players at the time, only the Federal Government fulfilled its own commitment by sponsoring the players on a trip to watch the 1986 World Cup, which took place in Mexico. The houses, scholarships and naming of streets after each player were supposed to have been catered for by the states.

The Presidential media aide noted that shortly after the commitment was given, General Muhammadu Buhari was replaced, and despite repeated representations made to succeeding governments by the players and their officials, the promises were left unfulfilled.

“I apologize for whatever embarrassment and disillusionment in your country these raised and then dashed hopes may have caused you. My government will do all within its power to remedy the situation”, he assured.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/buhari-to-redeem-30-year-pledge-to-eaglets/

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by Demmocrats(m): 6:27am On Nov 11, 2015
I will like to see the faces of those that think that my sai Buhari doesn't appreciate the efforts of the youths. PDP bunch of deceivers

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 11, 2015
Good move. God has a way of remembering people who think their cases have been closed.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by greatiyk4u(m): 6:29am On Nov 11, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by DonBobes(m): 6:32am On Nov 11, 2015
gud move!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 11, 2015
Good move. God has a way of remembering people who think their cases have been closed. Today, if u think your case has been forgotten, I see God revisiting your situation and putting a smile on your face.

194 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 11, 2015
kaorama:
Good move. God has a way of remembering people who think their cases have been closed. Today, if u think your case has been forgotten, I see God revisiting your situation and putting a smile on your face.
Amen.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:59am On Nov 11, 2015
Whatever the Presidency reward them with, confering of national honours shouldn't be part of it.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by zinachidi(m): 7:02am On Nov 11, 2015
which means he'll reward this set of eaglets after 30 yrs, when he runs again...

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by handie(m): 7:05am On Nov 11, 2015
zinachidi:
which means he'll reward this set of eaglets after 30 yrs, when he runs again...
There's no gain in foolishness. Get sense or I'll deport u to Biafra

164 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by lmm4real: 7:09am On Nov 11, 2015
Ok while at it, please remember our 5k too. Agreement na Agreement.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by modath(f): 7:14am On Nov 11, 2015
zinachidi:

What went wrong along the other way? Cos God couldn't have made you this way ?

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by henchamb(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2015
zinachidi:

Common sense isn't common anyway

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by osazeeblue01: 7:21am On Nov 11, 2015
I was expecting to hear Buhari has redeemed it. Liars

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by tyson99(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2015
osazeeblue01:
I was expecting to hear Buhari has redeemed it. Liars
Another Dunce

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by malton: 7:38am On Nov 11, 2015
Our leaders seem to not realise the heightened importance of incentives. It's no wonder the polity is as rowdy.

Rewards and punishments ensure orderliness, increase job performances and discourage bad behaviour.

We should never forget to reward those who have brought us honor for anything else in the world, regardless what!

All that's required is to show a sense of acknowledgement. Some of these guys are much richer than however much prize the government will offer them. An act of gratitude goes a long way, really!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by osazeeblue01: 7:45am On Nov 11, 2015
tyson99:
Another Dunce
SWINE

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by zinachidi(m): 7:48am On Nov 11, 2015
henchamb:

Common sense isn't common anyway
oya na, Mr. Sense.., i've seen u with overflowing sense, and what have u achieved in your life with ur ''common'' sense??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by zinachidi(m): 7:52am On Nov 11, 2015
lmm4real:
Ok while at it, please remember our 5k too. Agreement na Agreement.
lol, u still believing that shit?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by zinachidi(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2015
modath:

why u asking me?? Go ask God nah, see oh...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by handie(m): 8:02am On Nov 11, 2015
zinachidi:
lol, u still believing that shit?
it's time we deport u to Biafra. Oya bring ur Ghana must go back and follow the next ekenedilichukwu bus to Onitsha

12 Likes

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 11, 2015
undecided
Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by handie(m): 8:05am On Nov 11, 2015
modath:

God certainly didn't make him this way. He was given brain but along the way, he sold it and sent the money to Nnamdi Kanu for the Biafran cause

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by handie(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2015
searching4loove:
undecided
space booking on my thread is not allowed. U berra not try this again.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by Motolank: 8:15am On Nov 11, 2015
Their bread received butter after decades or decadeses cry
Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by veekid(m): 8:15am On Nov 11, 2015
Good for them
Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by Sijo01(f): 8:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Hmmm, it's taking booohari 30 years to fulfill promises cheesy cheesy! This is to say Nigerians should not expect him to fulfill any of his electioneering campaign in the nearest future.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by MathsChic(f): 8:16am On Nov 11, 2015
General stuck on the 80s smiley

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by looseweight: 8:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Noise makers
Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by suyamasta(m): 8:16am On Nov 11, 2015
nice
Re: Buhari To Redeem 30-year Pledge To Eaglets by FrankNetter(m): 8:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Thrash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebosetale Okhueleigbe Wins International Golf Tournament In Tanzania / Aerial View Of Participants At The Lagos City Marathon (Photos) / Ruben Dias His Girlfriend, April Ivy Breakup Over Lifestyle Differences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.