Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" (9065 Views)

What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? / 10 Stupid Questions You Seriously Need To Stop Asking / Like Seriously!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by chocolateme(f): 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
The above word is an English word but I don't understand how it is meaningful if combined together yet a lot of males and females use it on daily basis.
Is that a correct expression people because I don't think so while someone is here arguing it with me that it's correct.
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
Like seriously? shocked

2 Likes

Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
Like seriously

2 Likes

Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by VickyRotex(f): 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
Huh? Like Seriously? cheesy

On a lighter note,

I came across this explanation:

"This is a very modern colloquial form of English, that whilst understandable, is very informal, and which might be out of place, for instance, in an interview or at a formal occasion.

Additionally other than in verbatim transcription, this isn't something I'd write or really expect to see written, except perhaps in a magazine opinion column, internet forum, instant messenger/text message or other extremely informal piece of writing.

That said, it is commonly spoken by many English speakers, and would be widely understood as expressing surprise and/or incredulity at a statement; the modern form of "Are you being serious?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by Temitoppe(m): 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
it is not correct.
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by Young03(m): 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
Like seriously......like dooooo

@op, av u tried making a research about the word? Or u just come NL to open senseless threads

Youngxt
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by fazzy28(m): 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
e no correct,its just a slang.....
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by madgoat(m): 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
chocolateme:
The above word is an English word but I don't understand how it is meaningful if combined together yet a lot of males and females use it on daily basis.
Is that a correct expression people because I don't think so while someone is here arguing it with me that it's correct.

Like seriously did u just ask this? shocked
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by kponkedenge(m): 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
chocolateme:
U hav a very big pair of bwrest pls I wan to suck it and f**uck u very hard as well. I hav released like 5times on my boxers just looking at dis ur pics pls help a broda out . embarassed

2 Likes

Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by chocolateme(f): 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
kponkedenge:

U hav a very big pair of bwrest pls I wan to suck it and f**uck u very hard as well. I hav released like 5times on my boxers just looking at dis ur pics pls help a broda out . embarassed
AMOSU
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by kponkedenge(m): 11:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
chocolateme:
AMOSU
Please na
Re: The Use Of The Word "Like Seriously" by IdeeEsperanza(m): 11:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Like seriously, is this suppose to mean that saying "like seriously" is like seriously wrong?

(1) (Reply)

Look At My Real Pics And My Real Age / Tribes With The Strongest Juju In Nigeria -history / Which Is Better Vitafoam Or Mouka Foam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.