Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,042 members, 7,953,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here (2307 Views)

Jumia Issue (resolved since) / I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms / Vedanix Fraud Update! Revealed: THE MASTERMIND BEHIND THE SCAM! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by earthrealm(m): 12:41pm On May 16, 2009
, lets use this thread to post the scam websites of the fradulent peeps who send scam text msgs to peeps informing them that they hv won ficticious  amounts in glo/zain/mtn bonanaza,

see the website of the one i got, they are masquerading as glo, n even sent me the sms claiming that i hv won  millions in the glo promo  using the glo 0805 nos!!

http://www.online.glopromo.org/,

NB, this is a scam site.pls dont enter ur bank details.they will drain all ur  money!!
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by earthrealm(m): 7:30pm On May 17, 2009
sad
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by AmAlone: 12:01pm On May 20, 2009
I jus finishe yabing them lipsrsealed
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by switch47(m): 4:02pm On May 20, 2009
Those who have the time can as well seach for information on the WEBSITE, host,Etc and expose them as well!!
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by kshow1(m): 5:08pm On May 20, 2009
hhhmmmmmmmm na wa ooo
9ja for you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by showbobo(m): 5:43pm On May 20, 2009
Some fools sent me a message a while ago posing as interswitch telling me to log on a site and update my details. . . . undecided
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by fransois2(m): 6:22pm On May 20, 2009
I have written an article about some lousy techniques they employ to swindle the unsuspected and in most cases gullible victims at http://www.mobileafrica.net
Since then they have evolved and they now use more sophisticated methods. The recent one that happened to me was just this Monday, when I received an SMS alleged to be from "MTN treasurehunt". I knew immediately that it's a scam because I never subscribed for this but curious as I was, I decided to follow it up.
The instruction was to go to a site that is not at all related to mtnonline but nevertheless has the exact webpage of MTN. I was given an alphanumeric code which I was to input to enable me claim my '1 million' naira.  I did as instructed and another page opened where I was asked to fill my name, mtn mobile number, bank type and account number. After this, the 'real'  page opened where I was asked to provide my ATM card number and PIN number,

Please be careful and always confirm before you give out your personal data. In no circumstances should you give out your ATM PIN
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by jingoma(m): 9:56pm On May 20, 2009
Ancient Rip-off methods but amazingly "there's a fool born every minute", Someone will still fall for it!
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by sparkle3: 12:05am On May 21, 2009
showbobo:

Some fools sent me a message a while ago posing as interswitch telling me to log on a site and update my details. . . .  undecided
the same thing happened to me and the web address seemed so authentic.
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by Gpowered79(m): 8:54am On May 21, 2009
So wetin dey happen here, they cache any Ole thief ?
if Wo na cache any bring am come make i knight he prick comot oh.
because i dey vex for them and for wetin them do my bros

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by switch47(m): 8:22am On May 22, 2009
Congrats!! you won =N= 1,000,000 in the ongoing MTN monthly draw for may, your win code is 13rzp, visit www.mtnseasonpro.110mb.com for confirmation. Thanks

IT IS A PHISHING SITES!!  PITY PEOPLE ARE FALLING FOR THIS EVERY MINUTES!!
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by nnemak(m): 10:34am On May 22, 2009
Just know that is wrong to send or put your PIN number online!!!
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by maxtop(m): 5:22pm On May 22, 2009
grin grin grin, smart guys. Just looking for a way out of this economic crunch.
Re: Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here by switch47(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2009
switch47:

Congrats!! you won =N= 1,000,000 in the ongoing MTN monthly draw for may, your win code is 13rzp, visit www.mtnseasonpro.110mb.com for confirmation. Thanks

IT IS A PHISHING SITES!!  PITY PEOPLE ARE FALLING FOR THIS EVERY MINUTES!!
   I am going to attack that site,or at least look for a way to get t out of internet space!!  let the anti scam war start!!

DONT GET IT TWISTED!!   I  FIGURED OUT THAT MY KASPASKY ANTI VIRUS DID NOT DICTECT IT AS A PHISHING SITE BECUASE IT IS A YEYE SUB-DOMAIN HIDING BEHING AN AUTHENTIC  DOMAIN. SO I SIMPLY REPORTED THE SITE TO THE TRUE DOMAIN OWNERS.  I GOT THIS   We're on it captain!

We'll reply to you as soon as the abuse account is removed/investigated within 1-10 hours.  wink

SO lets hope  the site will be disabled soon- one down, many to go!! shocked shocked  lets not just comment and call them smart. lets burst them!! cool

(1) (Reply)

Wukari Crises: 100 Arrested And 31 Toll Rise To Dead / Iive@ 1759 Akure, Police Harrassing Ashawo Unlawfully / Nnewi: Tragedy As Fire Kills Hundreds. (photos)... viewers discretion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.