Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:36 AM

I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms (3300 Views)

We Received N12m Ransom From Kidnap Of Okonjo-iweala’s Mother – Suspect / Nairaland progressives Receiving Death Threat / Gsm Networks: Scam: Via Sms,: Post The Scam Website Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by jjaamm: 10:05pm On Dec 19, 2010
Ok people, I just recieved a detat threat via sms from a 0802 number with the exact words below:

"Somebody paid me N45,000 to kill U. But as ur case will be, one of my gang memberssaid dat he knows u very much (he gave me ur number) and he said dat i should not kill u just like that, dat i must let u be aware ofwhat is on ground"

"Shld i spare ur life & expose d bitch u call a friend dat wants u dead OR should i pull d TRIGGER! U are closely monitored, any funny movement i send u 2 hell.U are dealing wih a pro assasin. U can only text don't call thisnumber. All U have is 24hours left b4 d whole battle start. be warned"

That is the exact message i got. Now the issue is, why will a professional assasin get paid N45,000 to kill me? Isnt that too cheap for a pro assasin?

Well, i don't know whether to shiver or to laugh,

What do you think Nairalanders,
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2010
I suggest you start praying
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by jjaamm: 10:54pm On Dec 19, 2010
praying that??/
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by vanesa(m): 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2010
lol praying that the naughty woman increase his pay
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by jjaamm: 11:02pm On Dec 19, 2010
@Vanesa, funny. Actually, the word there is "B.T.i.C.h ( i think Nairaland fraud filters changed it to naughty woman)

A friend suggest that i report to the police, but sincerely, i am not sure about that
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by manmustwac(m): 11:50pm On Dec 19, 2010
Explain your situation to a close friend of yours & ask him to do counter serveilence (that is 007) he would monitor your movements everyday from a very safe distance & lookout to see if anybody is following him. When you discover who the person is then you take it from there.
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by jjaamm: 12:05am On Dec 20, 2010
@manmustwac, thank you o.

will do that as well,

need my Jack Bauer instincts, lol
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by googles: 2:05am On Dec 20, 2010
I bet the next thing he would send is dat you pay him a larger amount of money so he can expose the naughty woman who sent him to off you.

looks like a shabby scam job to me but you never can be too sure. . .in watever you do be careful and involve pple dont show-off your james bond

skills without back up.
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 20, 2010
dont be afraid, it is a very common scam template, and if its not
one thing is certain, this is no Pro-Assasin grin
which is a good thing, cos they'll surely bungle the Job. which was a scam to begin with.
grin

Angela's Ashes: "When I was a child I would look at my father, the thinning hair, the collapsing teeth, and wonder why anyone would give money for a head like that."
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by jjaamm: 8:56am On Dec 20, 2010
@googles, i agree with you.

the "texter" expects me to panic and send a text back saying "who is after my life" and he'll then say "if you want me to reveal it, then you have to double the price", lol

@BoboYekini: I had a feeling it was scam and immediately i read the entire text (it came in twice) i just laughed and told the kids around me, "someone has just been offered 45K to kill me" and they were like, ah uncle JJaamm its a lie, and i was like, read this text, lol

if this is a scam (i hope it is), then the guy who send am no try at all, lol. First of all, how can a pro Assasin ( a pro for that matter) accept 45k to kill me, jeezzz, the pro assasin is just WAY too cheap! He didn't even ask the person for 150K, lol
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by googles: 9:33am On Dec 20, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy

so wat are you gon do now jor. . .those are the kind of texts i like but sadly, I never jam such touts dem for hear am wen i collect all their money finish.
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by jjaamm: 9:42am On Dec 20, 2010
@googles what am i gonna do?

Lol, i aint doing nada, lol

i dey inside my house since friday, i no even go out. i wonder how someone go talk say dem dey monitor me, when i never even step out of my house in 3 days, lol
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by googles: 10:31am On Dec 20, 2010
chaii. . . so you wont at least use the assassin to play monkey ?
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by manmustwac(m): 10:50am On Dec 20, 2010
@post
so you've been inside for the past 3 days? Which means the guy cannot be monitoring you. Its sounds like a joke to me but then the blackmailer must know you. And he probably knows wether you are capable of raising the funds.
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by oderemo(m): 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2010
If i were u, first i change my sim card and get a cheap one, secondly pass this new no only to those u suspect, then wait.
If mr.assasing contact u within 3 days or so then u have narrowed down yor target. Then u can get to work.
Bet u its enemy within. If this fail let us know.
Got anoda trick for u my son.
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by jjaamm: 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2010
@manmustwac, Lol, of course, i know the backmailer knows me. The moment you show them that you are scared, they take advantage of it.

@ode remo, lol. I am not even going to change my sim for anything, lol.

The only time i can take the threat serious is if the person/blackmailer/proassasin/scammer etc decides to ring me up, lol

Well, i did a reverse phone lookup and didn't find anything,

My neighbour still think i should go to the police,
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by manmustwac(m): 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2010
chill for two weeks (if your still alive after then grin) then tell a friend of yours to call the number and ask for tony. The guy will obviously say ''my name is not tony''. Your friend will say ''but your voice sounds like tony it must be you?'' The guy will say ''sorry am not tony my name is *******'' Your friend apologizes and hangs up the phone. Well if your lucky enough and the guy falls for that trick then while doing your detective work use your friends phone to dial the number and see if his name shows up in any of their phones.
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by thweraja10: 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2010
They are scammers a friend of mine got the same text 2 moths ago. So at first he was afraid so i told him to call the number and tell them that he is presently at the bus stop that they should just come and end his damn life that he is tired of life. So the guy told me that im crazy that how will i do that. I just collected his phone and told them that shit and they told me is that what you are going to say instead of you to pay up so that we will expose that woman. I said una dey craze, se u no won kill me again make i go find better option.
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by jjaamm: 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2010
@manmustwac, lol. good detective work, will try that

@thewaraja, exactly why i posted this on Nairaland. I want to know if someone has recieved this scam before, lol

Thank God i am not alone, lol.

Seriously, the only fear that i had was in the first 1 minute of getting the text, adter various thoughts, i knew it was plain scam, lol

1 Like

Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by thweraja10: 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2010
Seriously, the only fear that i had was in the first 1 minute of getting the text, adter various thoughts, i knew it was plain scam, lol

But talk truth, your liver cut when you got the text. Even now your mind never settle because you dey fear say what if na true. And christmas don come ooo lol
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by jjaamm: 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2010
@thewaraja, lol.

When i first got the text, FEAR gripped me for a minute. It eased away when i read "pro Assasin", paid N45K,

Then i thot, this guy is no pro assasin, lol

Pro assasin wont get paid less than 150K to kill someone, lol

how do i know? i watch it in film, lol

Also, a pro assasin always get offered what their victims cannot counter offer in most cases, lol
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by vanesa(m): 12:09am On Dec 21, 2010
Maybe 45k was just for transportation
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by funkyfella: 8:22am On Dec 22, 2010
Omo 24hrs done pass o! by far sef, Uncle Jjamm are you still alive? shocked
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by UNLEASHED(m): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2010
Uncle jjaamm are you still alive? actually i think it's a cheap scam, maybe you've for once exposed your phone number here on nairaland before? because scammers will do anything to earn some money, it's just few days to christmas and new year, boys go wan swag na?
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 24, 2010
looks like the Pro-assassin done offed Uncle jjaamm,
damn  undecided
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by dominique(f): 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2010
Abeg oga jjaamm come out quick quick and prove these guys wrong.
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by Osama10(m): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2010
Someone close to you is doing all this.

There is no truth in this, its a just format to get money from you.
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by kenosky: 7:35am On Dec 25, 2010
jjaamm:

@thewaraja, lol.

When i first got the text, FEAR gripped me for a minute. It eased away when i read "pro Assasin", paid N45K,

Then i thot, this guy is no pro assasin, lol

Pro assasin wont get paid less than 150K to kill someone, lol

how do i know? i watch it in film, lol

Also, a pro assasin always get offered what their victims cannot counter offer in most cases, lol

[size=14pt]Gee, people fit even off you for 5K o. Sha, show ya face here make we know say d ProAssassin neva arrange you[/size]. cheesy wink smiley
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by manmustwac(m): 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2010
After doing an investigation i discovered that jjaamm who has only 9 posts and have only been an active naraland member for two days must have multiple I Ds or is either DEAD! now.
Re: I Just Received A Death Threat Via Sms by Natasha2(f): 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2011
what kind of village professional assasin is that @ poster forget it and carry out your duties as normal nothing will happen i'm affirmitive. My dad and uncle have also recieved death treat msg's but nothing happened.

(1) (Reply)

Notorious Robber Nicknamed 'Pastor' Shot Dead In Benue State(Graphic Photos) / Imaging The New Style Yahoo Boys Spray Money At Occasions / Photos Of Victims Of Borno Bomb Blast (viewers Discretion Is Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.