Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:45 PM

Forum Builder Needed - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Forum Builder Needed (1213 Views)

We Need A Custom App Builder / Apk Builder Urgently Wanted For A Job / A Sportsbetting Website Builder, Project Manager And Betting Agent NEEDED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forum Builder Needed by bilionaire: 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
I need someone that can build a forum that is simple but with security. I do not care if it is like nairaland but it will have personalized pictures for every member, polling, etc

If you know you can kindly reply with the cost and time frame please.

The forum will be for the youth and it will target opportunities and leadership strictly. i am tired of collaboration (with copy and paste web designers, money hungry people with no focus and not-serious Nigerian youngsters like us) and just want to start. I have been on this idea over a decade seriously i need serious people please.

If you want to partner no problem, just state what you want if you do not want money but it has to be clear before we move forward please.
Re: Forum Builder Needed by Dlastofmykind(m): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
Call or whatsapp 08132016744. or send a pm on heywire4u@gmail.com
Re: Forum Builder Needed by A7(m): 1:11am On Nov 13, 2015
@bilionaire

You mentioned just two features, poll and display picture. A forum is much more than that.

But since what you wanted is just a basic simple forum, here is what I have in mind, which I could code in no time if you're interested.

1 - login/register with no email support, just username and password.

2 - featured links at the front page with pagination.

3 - Different sections under one board named "general" displayed horizontally at the index page below header, and the general board having its exclusive page.

4 - like function

5 - Share function

6 - Attachment support, 3 for each post, if the file is an image it will be center aligned and take 98% max-width.

7 - Ability to follow members and a notification when they post.

8 - One display picture on user's profile, a default avatar will be set upon registration.

9 - Quote support, and bbcode for styling text.

10 - Report button, and one admin account for moderation.

Will do that with:

1 - mysqli(rdbms) - procedural
2 - php
3 - html
4 - css
5 - javascript
6 - ajax

Other worthy mentions:

1 - Passwords will be encrypted with md5.
2 - Sessions will be set on user Id, username and password.
3 - site will be mobile responsive.
4 - Users online and total registered users will be visible to both guests and members.
5 - Threads will have name of Op, last reply date, all posts, views and who posted last.
6 - Users can see who liked or shared their post.
7 - Upon registration, there would be one security question asking members to put 5 numbers they will easily remember which could later be used for password recovery and resetting.

On your part:

1 - Get a domain name.
2 - host it someplace with ftp and phpmyadmin support.

If interested, reply with the color scheme you wanted the sites theme to have, the link color, the background, where you want bigger font-size, containers with border or no border etc. Or just get a pencil, draw what you want, snap it and upload here, I will try to replicate and upload the prototype shot from my monitor for you to see, if it suits your need then we talk.
Re: Forum Builder Needed by bilionaire: 5:29am On Nov 15, 2015
@A7

Do you have a website I can view?
Re: Forum Builder Needed by coreDeveloper: 7:25am On Nov 15, 2015
Good morning @ billionaire, I have code two forum with chats(group/single chats), shares, likes, quotes, admin account and many others all 100% from scratch.

I'm a passionate, experience and core software, website, mobile apps developer and a freelancer since 2007. I'm very good in PHP, MySQL(PDO), CSS, HTML5, Ajax, JQuery, Angular, etc. I do outsource to individuals and companies as well.

Let me code your project from scratch and turn that your dream into reality, all my works are 100% responsive (i.e can fit to any device), highly secure, flexible, user friendly, portable and I use Bcrypt/Crypt for my encryption (which are the best at the moment).

You can visit my personal website @ http://www.igweze.com/ or call me @ +243 80 3071 6751 for more information. Thanks
Re: Forum Builder Needed by airsaylongcon: 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
OP, to be honest with you I've got reservations about getting a custom built forum software when there's a plethora of ready-to-use open source forum software. They will cost nothing to acquire and have a variety of modifications and themes from worldwide users most coming for free. If you really really need something very custom you can always throw it to that forum's user community and for the right fee you can get what u want. My fear with going custom especially will our developers is vendor lock-in and issues with security and quality. I'm currently considering setting up forum for a niche market and I have downloaded and installed all the major available open source forum software. Most Nigerian forums want to have that Featured Topic aka front page functionality of NL. Most forum software do not have this out of the box and you most likely will need to get a custom dev to have this function. I'm not mentioning any software name here but if you Google you will be spoilt for choice.
Re: Forum Builder Needed by bilionaire: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
@airway

Being spoilt with issue is my problem and the security of the forum. Also thinking of automating the forum for easy management (since I have a 9-5 job now and no time anymore).

So feel free to let me know if any open forum software is tops for you
Re: Forum Builder Needed by airsaylongcon: 12:37am On Nov 17, 2015
bilionaire:
@airway

Being spoilt with issue is my problem and the security of the forum. Also thinking of automating the forum for easy management (since I have a 9-5 job now and no time anymore).

So feel free to let me know if any open forum software is tops for you

Phpbb is THE most widely used forum software with approximately 45% of forums worldwide running it.

Others are Simple Machines Forum (the original forum on which NL started) myBB, Phorum, Vanilla, etc etc
Re: Forum Builder Needed by bilionaire: 2:13am On Nov 17, 2015
@airsaylongcon

I appreciate you getting back but there some features I wanted that SMF did not have the last time I tried it (although that was like 4yrs ago). SMF seem to have better security than vanilla and phpbb as at then to me.

I will even find time to check it out
Re: Forum Builder Needed by airsaylongcon: 9:27am On Nov 17, 2015
bilionaire:
@airsaylongcon

I appreciate you getting back but there some features I wanted that SMF did not have the last time I tried it (although that was like 4yrs ago). SMF seem to have better security than vanilla and phpbb as at then to me.

I will even find time to check it out

What features? Frontpage I guess. Well I just tried out vanilla and as I speak with you I've created a Featured page which is the default page for all users or guests. Mods and Admins can go through the forum and select threads/topics (vanilla calls them discussions) that will feature on the Frontpage. I accomplished something similar using a portal for SMF. For security I can't say which is more secure but I will expect PHPBB and SMF to come under a lot of attack as they are the leading forum software in use (45% & 23% respectively)
Re: Forum Builder Needed by bilionaire: 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
@airsaylongcon

You made me curious so i just did a quick research and I found out that phpBB and MyBB are rated more that SMF in everything.

Vanilla is the least of the 4 but has the highest ratings in Admin. options

Really interesting to know
Re: Forum Builder Needed by airsaylongcon: 5:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
Vanilla is Search Engine Optimised and I was able to "hack" around and get the Nairaland "Featured Topic" function to be my index/frontpage. I found their forum really helpful. I'm currently evaluating two new ones I stumbled across today fluxbb and minibb. Both look superlight and fast. Fluxbb looks more promising though.

I'm looking to float a forum in d new year for a particular niche that's why I'm doing all this testing.
Re: Forum Builder Needed by bilionaire: 11:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
The 2 ain't new they have been around for sometime. There is always trade off.

Its light which means security and beauty might be an issue because it has less code.

You need to know what you cannot compromise that is. If your project blow up and you want to migrate to a better platform can the database be moved easily?

There are lots of questions one need to answer before settling for one but if it's a short project, then anyone can be used.

So the criticality of your project determines many things like security, on-site or cloud storage, automated or not, optimal admin options, members options, restrictions, number of moderators/sole moderator, for commerce or private, adaptability or scalability, backup type, etc

Had to go

My 10kb
Re: Forum Builder Needed by bilionaire: 11:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
So like I was saying it all depends, even vanilla like 6 years ago was so easy to hack but they have really improved, even SMF too.
Re: Forum Builder Needed by airsaylongcon: 12:20am On Nov 19, 2015
With FluxBB, I think it's small and light design means small footprint which in turn means small area of attack. The real problem is the security of the modifications you install. I think it's more customisable for someone with code knowledge. SMF for me is for those that want to be NL clone
Re: Forum Builder Needed by 9jawebdev(m): 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
check www.techsavvyhood.com

(1) (Reply)

IOT Programmers Needed / Wao Point Of Sales System For Stores / We Need A Web Programmer To Help Finish Up An API And Maintain Our Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.