Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,209 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood (770 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood by yamakasi: 11:08am On May 17, 2009
I am an Indian film maker currently in Nigeria since few years. What i noticed is there is rich culture and history in Nigeria to make films. But i always get disappointed when i see Africa magic and low quality films. Low quality here means lacking the Film language the style of film making. People talk about nigeria doesnt have latest cameras that hollywood or bollywood has. Its not the tech which makes the difference its the content and style which makes the difference. If the filmmaker has the right script and shot plan perfectly with great background score and visuals you can make fantastic films in Nigeria. Quentin Tarantino made his first film on a handy cam and was sucessfull. We can create wonder with handy cams.

Now when it comes to technology. I tell you nigeria is in the right platform since the beginning, Digital. Rest of the world is coming back to Digital cinema. Nollywood has a lot of experience in shooting digital then rest of the woods. I really feel digital Cinema theatres should come into this country to watch the films on big screen. Watching films on big screen makes the difference. THE DARK ROOM MAGIC.

There are so many companies who are making digital cinema servers, projectors to promote Independent filmmakers. One can watermark the film so that no one can shoot the film in the theatre and do piracy.

If Nollywood filmmakers use depth of field, Line of action, Editing pace and BG score properly in the films you guys can make a difference. I am planning to make a film here in Nigeria with high standards again low budget.

Cheers.
Re: Nollywood by mjay(m): 9:55pm On May 17, 2009
that will be a step in the right direction. We are waiting.

(1) (Reply)

Can Anybody Inform Me Of Any Website Offering Free Southpark Downloads? / Angels And Demons / Wat's It Gonna Take To Shoot A Good Low Budget Movie In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.