Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) (24775 Views)

The Married Woman Who Died With Her Lover In A Car During Sex In Lagos Pictured / "Don't Kill Your Wife, It's Our Job" Advert Board Seen In Lagos (Pictured) / Teacher Arrested For Defiling A 12-Year-Old Pupil In Lagos (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by queendalyn(f): 9:07am On Nov 13, 2015
LAGOS — Plans by a 25-year-old mother of four to sell a one-week-old baby boy, who was stolen in Onitsha, Anambra State, to a barren woman in Lagos, has been botched and the suspect arrested.

The suspect, Nkechi Obi.
The suspect, Nkechi Obi.
It was her inability to breast-feed the baby that set off the alarm, which led to her arrest and subsequent confession.

The suspect, who claimed to be a farmer and an apprentice in Onitsha, said she was on her way to hand over the baby to the buyer at Cele Bus Stop, along the Oshodi/Apapa Express-way, when she was arrested.

Preliminary investigation, as gathered, revealed that the baby was stolen from his biological mother, who fled home on discovering she was pregnant.

Trouble started for the suspect, identified as Nkechi Obi, after the driver of the vehicle she chartered from Asaba, Delta State, became suspicious when he observed that she never breastfed the baby, even though the child cried ceaselessly during the six-hour journey to Lagos.

Not satisfied with her incoherent explanation, the driver was said to have stopped at Oshodi, where he alerted some policemen who subsequently subjected the suspect to interrogation during which it was discovered that the baby was not hers.

Suspect’s tale

The suspect claimed that the baby was given to her by her boss, whose identity she gave simply as Ngozi, in Onitsha, to take to a ready buyer in Lagos.

She said: “I was in the shop located at 2 Ourline Street, Onitsha Main Market on Tuesday, when my madam, who I sell clothes for, came and ordered me to go and change into something better, that I was to embark on a journey to Lagos.

“Thereafter, she handed the baby to me and gave me a food flask and baby milk. She only gave me the telephone number of the woman I was to hand the baby over to. The woman in question is barren. I was to meet with her at Cele Bus Stop. The would-be buyer was arrested.”

Report had it that the would-be buyer had two female children, but opted to adopt a male child due to pressure from her husband who threatened to marry another woman.

Asked if her husband was aware of her journey to Lagos, Obi who claimed to be an orphan, said she had separated from her husband, who she alleged used her as a baby factory.

‘I was baby factory for my husband’

She said: “I got married aged 16 years to Polycap Eze, who had no child from his wife. I was brought in to bear children for them. After the birth of my fourth child, he drove me out of the house, saying I have fulfilled the purpose for which he married me.

“I moved in with one of my relatives who later introduced me to my madam.”

Speaking on her arrest, Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, said when the lady was arrested, she claimed that the baby was hers.

He said: “She claimed at first that her lover abandoned her with the baby. Later, she confessed that her aunt was a co-suspect. Two other persons, who have connection with the sale of the one-week-old baby, were also arrested.

“We have kept the baby in proper custody through the Family Support Unit. Further investigation into the case has taken us to the eastern part of the country where the principal suspect lives.

“But she fled on hearing that we have arrested Nkechi Obi. We will ensure that everyone behind this case is arrested.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/how-breast-feeding-exposed-baby-factory-syndicate/

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by echobee(f): 9:11am On Nov 13, 2015
Hmmmmmm! See her undecided angry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by zinachidi(m): 9:11am On Nov 13, 2015
mtcheew, y didn't she sell her own child?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by boboLIL(m): 9:12am On Nov 13, 2015
I hate to hear dah a lady sells or aborts. A baby.... Its disheartening...... Thank God the baby was saved...

All dis witches under 'I am a mother cover' thunder fire una oh

6 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by menix(m): 9:12am On Nov 13, 2015
See her face like Monkey _shit..

The things happening in Nigeria these dayz would be wondering Ex occupants of Sodom nd Gomorrah how they got to anger God..

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by DuchessLily(f): 9:13am On Nov 13, 2015
The would-be-buyer is not barren nau if she has two female children..

See the errand lady face sef... Is she praying??

The husband wants to marry anoda wife cos d wife has two girls... Whose fault is it that she has only girls?? Now he has turned his wife to a thief, because of Desperation. .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by Janet101(f): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2015
Alarm don blow u

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2015
menix:
See her face like Monkey _shit..

The things happening in Nigeria these dayz would be wondering Ex occupants of Sodom nd Gomorrah how they got to anger God..
Mtn
Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by menix(m): 9:19am On Nov 13, 2015
Oyind17:

Mtn

Nitel
Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by latuntop(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2015
hmm aye Toto, aye akamara. well I'm still blaming poverty for this again. but shaaa, she is heartless.

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by Jannie1999(f): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2015
Name checkers ur food don done oo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 13, 2015
menix:

Nitel
How are you GLO?
Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by palladin: 9:43am On Nov 13, 2015
I swear i didn't check the names. smiley smiley

22 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by queendalyn(f): 9:45am On Nov 13, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by lasisi69(f): 11:01am On Nov 13, 2015
End time women

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by RELAN2446(m): 11:01am On Nov 13, 2015
i dedicate dis piece of land to my unilorite political science to b precise 200l. and to my grandma iya olobi. lol. return d baby to d owner asap.

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by omusiliyu(m): 11:01am On Nov 13, 2015
There is nothing bad or new in this story...

I'm a member of National Association of Name Checkers.

13 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by tupacshakur(m): 11:02am On Nov 13, 2015
That's bad!
Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by Seculent: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2015
lasisi69:
End time mother
Yes, End time mother.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by pretydiva(f): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2015
Foolish woman
Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by bmxshop: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2015
Wonders they say never end.
Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by moscobabs(m): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2015
Biafran again

na curse

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by helphelp: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2015
Aye ma ni ka ke

1 Like

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by MadCow1: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2015
She tried to sell an Igbo baby Boy? angry

For how much sef?

Anything less than 250 Million Naira, then she should be shot to death. angry

Igbo Boys potential too high for them to be sold cheaply. That Boy may just be the next Coscharis or Innoson.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by moneybag100: 11:03am On Nov 13, 2015
This people again. Una no dey tired for crime. God go help una sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by femiranking28(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2015
tongue

1 Share

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by activefibre1(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2015
hmmm...devil na bad person ooo. I can only imagine. Him go just stand for corner dey laugh am. After him don push push push....
He crys wen u happy, laughs wen you cry. Lead us not into temptation ooo....
Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by Ruchidera(f): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2015
Its no longer drug business, it's now baby factory and baby selling... embarassed
Umu Igbo, which way

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:05am On Nov 13, 2015
see her ugli face....hahah grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by Sasuwa(f): 11:05am On Nov 13, 2015
Mtcheew! Mtcheew!!
Mtcheeew!!! Nkechi obi, ngozi everyday this kind of names spoiling the name this coun3 home and abroad, haba!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Arrested For Trying To Sell A One Week Old Baby In Lagos (pictured) by ogaminanas: 11:05am On Nov 13, 2015
K

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uncle Injures 11-Year-Old Niece For Revealing Family Problem / Man '3quate' Killed In Abuja After Being Accused Wrongly Of Stealing A Phone / Graphic Photos: Another Young Man (allegedly) Killed By Police In Gombe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.